Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Changing 50% Avios Flights

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2021, 8:23 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
Originally Posted by MH1981
Slightly off topic but I originally booked a flight in F using the 50% deal and 2-4-1 voucher. That F flight was later downgraded to CW due to aircraft change, which I accepted. And now it's all been cancelled.

Bit of a long shot but am I able to call YouFirst due to original booking in F or am I stuck with the long wait using the usual phoneline?
If you accepted and had the refund of Avios I'd be inclined to say no to You First but asking won't hurt. The worst that could happen is a polite no.

​​​​​
MH1981 likes this.
Old Feb 25, 2021, 8:28 am

Originally Posted by alex67500
If you accepted and had the refund of Avios I'd be inclined to say no to You First but asking won't hurt. The worst that could happen is a polite no.

​​​​​
Accepted the downgrade but no refund of Avios. So not a definite no no then...I'll chance it

Update: YouFirst worked fine, and 50% Avios 2-4-1 off peak flights re-booked for peak August. No mention of extra avios or fees.
alex67500 and dadio77 like this.

Last edited by MH1981; Feb 25, 2021 at 8:52 am
Old Feb 25, 2021, 9:50 am

Programs: MUCCI; BAEC Lifetime Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Emeritus Titanium; Hertz#1, Avis President’s Club
Originally Posted by johnaalex
I originally booked LHR:PHX return in F during the 50% Avios sale. I was then informed I was booked into Club due to an aircraft change to the 777 with the Club Suite. I accepted the change and had the appropriate number of Avios refunded. Today, by chance, I noticed my seat had been changed to 10D and the aircraft now is a 4 class 777. Given my departure date is 25th May I was going to ask if I could move to a later date as that does seem to be an option. Would I be able to change dates, and upgrade using Avios to F?
I do realise we are in uncharted territory, and I accept that the upgrade is unlikely to be discounted by 50% but any tips on what to do would appreciated.
Would there be any benefit in cancelling and taking an FTV?
I have been reinstated to F. I paid the extra Avios although still at the 50% rate and an extra fiver for taxes. There was no Avios availability for my flights, but the agent got permission to make the necessary change. It was lucky that I had spotted the change to my seat as I didn't get told about it.
Old Feb 26, 2021, 4:10 am

Rebooked Cancelled LHR-SYD

Just changed my cancelled LHR-SYD flights using MMB, originally booked early Oct 2020, 50% and 241, then changed return, within 24 hrs, to PE from Y (out in J) tickets re-issued 16/11/20 with new ticket numbers. Now out on 2/12/21 return 13/2/22. Checked beforehand and obviously no redemption availability but space in relevant cabins everyday. Strangely wouldn't let me book 1/12/21 and 15/2/22 but by trying several dates got ones that are eminently suitable. New ticket issued and in my inbox within minutes, no additional charges or Avios required. Following endorsements noted on ticket

*m*redemption/restrictions may apply/no cash refund/non endorsable

Pax invol reroute redemption/restrictions may apply/no cash refund/non endorsable

Pax invol reroute redemption/restrictions may apply/no cash refund/non endorsable

Presumably nothing to worry about?
Old Feb 26, 2021, 5:19 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Ted51
Presumably nothing to worry about?
Nothing to worry about, those are the endorsements I would expect to see. They are there for largely historic reasons, since any delve into the booking would make it clear you were rebooked from a redemption, but in the old days this was an important part of any refund process.
Old Feb 26, 2021, 7:55 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Nothing to worry about, those are the endorsements I would expect to see. They are there for largely historic reasons, since any delve into the booking would make it clear you were rebooked from a redemption, but in the old days this was an important part of any refund process.
But will he earn avios and tier points on a technically revenue bucket endorsed as a redemption?
Old Feb 26, 2021, 8:47 am

Programs: MUCCI; BAEC Lifetime Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Emeritus Titanium; Hertz#1, Avis President’s Club
Originally Posted by GBOAC
But will he earn avios and tier points on a technically revenue bucket endorsed as a redemption?
I very much doubt it!
Old Feb 26, 2021, 9:34 am

Originally Posted by GBOAC
I'm not expecting any so nice bonus if I get any!

In Sept 19 had cash flight to NYC which were cancelled due to strike, the rebooked flights were in a different bucket and received more Avios, not sure about tier points, so can happen.

Last edited by Ted51; Feb 26, 2021 at 9:38 am Reason: Additional info
Old Feb 26, 2021, 1:48 pm

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Silver (exPPS:(, Tesco sad, FR £0.01
As suggested I called CS to change my SIN flights (cancelled for Feb outbound and return in June).
Happy to report that requested change was processed without any questions or extra cost/miles - new outbound in June and return in Nov (that is beyond 1 year after original purchase date!). Life is good again
Old Mar 3, 2021, 9:51 am

So there could be a sting in the tail (also tale) here... but it seems like they switched my utterly broken CW LHR <-> JFK flights in April for ones in August without any drama.

They didn't mention any additional taxes or Avios, so I'm assuming there aren't any? But I guess I'll have to wait until the tickets come in to see what's going on (they're showing on MMB).
Old Mar 4, 2021, 4:51 am

No ticket as of yet... making me nervous.
Old Mar 4, 2021, 5:10 am

Manual ticketing for far off dates has been taking weeks for me so I wouldn't be worrying yet!
RG1X likes this.
Old Mar 4, 2021, 5:15 am

Originally Posted by sammyg901
Manual ticketing for far off dates has been taking weeks for me so I wouldn't be worrying yet!
Thanks.

That's not ideal as I need to tell my friend that I've booked her a new ticket (was originally a gift for her 40th birthday in April), but I don't want to get her hopes up and then have them not issue a ticket / charge me extra Avios.
Old Mar 5, 2021, 8:43 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by johnaalex
I have been reinstated to F. I paid the extra Avios although still at the 50% rate and an extra fiver for taxes. There was no Avios availability for my flights, but the agent got permission to make the necessary change. It was lucky that I had spotted the change to my seat as I didn't get told about it.
Just been notified of a class change and downgraded to CW from F (new aircraft is A350, not sure if that's club suites?). There is a later flight (to DXB) but overnight which means changing my hotel booking too, but given this is the end of May and chances of a quarantine free, FCO/gov sanctioned holiday remains low, should I just accept the change to CW for now and take the avios refund, in the hope I get a similarly helpful agent further down the line (i.e. at the point of either confirmation of cancellation!)?

I don't want acceptance now to hinder me later (and tbh I'd be happy to just be able to fly so the new flight may be fine!), but I'm a bit worn out with all the constant changes 😁
Old Mar 5, 2021, 12:04 pm

Programs: BA Silver (for now)
Originally Posted by dadio77
Just been notified of a class change and downgraded to CW from F (new aircraft is A350, not sure if that's club suites?). There is a later flight (to DXB) but overnight which means changing my hotel booking too, but given this is the end of May and chances of a quarantine free, FCO/gov sanctioned holiday remains low, should I just accept the change to CW for now and take the avios refund, in the hope I get a similarly helpful agent further down the line (i.e. at the point of either confirmation of cancellation!)?

I don't want acceptance now to hinder me later (and tbh I'd be happy to just be able to fly so the new flight may be fine!), but I'm a bit worn out with all the constant changes 😁
Do nothing

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.