Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA & Dubai

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2022, 12:28 am

Programs: BA Exec Club Gold, Star Alliance Gold, TravelAir Gold, Hyatt Gold Points Platinum
Any recent experience with upgrading from WT+ to CW on DXB-LHR at the airport?
Old Feb 9, 2022, 2:15 am
A13

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by suley
Incase anyone was considering using Collinson, it now seems they offer a QR code on the certificate which is a true digital cert unlike randox where the QR code is your passport number. Happy Travels
Is Randox no good for Dubai then? Looking to book my PCR test for a flight next week.
Old Feb 9, 2022, 2:54 am

Programs: BA GGL, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by A13
Is Randox no good for Dubai then? Looking to book my PCR test for a flight next week.
Randox is fine. Used it last week for DXB
The_Diamond_Z and A13 like this.
Old Feb 9, 2022, 3:57 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Depends on which Randox test you're talking about.

Officially Randox postal tests do not meet the requirements for DXB. Their drive through and airport sites DO meet the requirements.

If you used a Randox home postal test kit and a check in agent decided to enforce the rules you'd have no come back if they denied you boarding.

I'm not sure how different the certs are for postal tests vs their 'on site' test certs - but I wouldn't risk it personally.
Old Feb 9, 2022, 4:20 am
A13

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by Wozza2404
Depends on which Randox test you're talking about.

Officially Randox postal tests do not meet the requirements for DXB. Their drive through and airport sites DO meet the requirements.

If you used a Randox home postal test kit and a check in agent decided to enforce the rules you'd have no come back if they denied you boarding.

I'm not sure how different the certs are for postal tests vs their 'on site' test certs - but I wouldn't risk it personally.
I'm looking at the Next Day RT-PCR at walk through test centre, so assume would suffice?
Old Feb 9, 2022, 4:26 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by A13
I'm looking at the Next Day RT-PCR at walk through test centre, so assume would suffice?
Correct, that would be fine.

It's the at home postal kits that have the question mark.
A13 likes this.
Old Feb 9, 2022, 6:31 am

Programs: BA GGL, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by A13
Apologies should have mentioned I used the walk in tests at LHR, however given the amount of attention the certificates are given at DXB i doubt it will be a massive issue. Checking in at the first wing it was only a cursory glance as well. I imagine the difference between an at home test and the in person one would possibly be the swab date and the line at the bottom of mine which says

"Sample collection was conducted by a health care professional"

Probably best not to take the chance though if you can get to one of their testing centres.
Old Feb 9, 2022, 7:24 am

Programs: BA Blue, IC Spire Ambassador
Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi,
I think other FT'ers have posted that since last week the London flights are no longer selected for pcr testing on arrival at DXB.

Regards

TBS
Still useful I think as these things can change quickly and they still reserve the right. I have a personal interest to declare as due to go there in May.
Old Feb 9, 2022, 1:22 pm

Originally Posted by A13
Randox test's done at the airport are fine. Dubai simply says it should have a QR code but not what the QR code link's do. Randox are Dubai's official provider for the UK so your fine to use a airport test. The point I was making only Collinson have a QR code that actually loads your test results online. Where as Randox shows your passport number. Unless Dubai change the rules or say the test QR test must show the results or have validation, then its no good.

In theory any test that has a QR code and says where you did it is acceptable. If postal test providers wanted, they could ask you to confirm where test was performed and they could put it on the test. If they did allow, I would love to put in Junction 2 on the M1.
Rim1 likes this.
Old Feb 10, 2022, 5:49 am

In theory any test that has a QR code and says where you did it is acceptable.
That's not true for Dubai. The wording from the UAE specifcally excludes self administered tests:

"The certificate must be a Reverse Transcription Polymerase Chain Reaction (RT PCR) test. Other test certificates including antibody tests, NHS COVID‑19 Test certificates, COVID‑19 Rapid PCR tests and home testing kits are not accepted in Dubai. Self‑testing/Self‑administered PCR test results will not be accepted."
IAMORGAN, KARFA and Will100 like this.
Old Feb 10, 2022, 7:53 am

Programs: BA Blue, IC Spire Ambassador
Originally Posted by Wozza2404
That's not true for Dubai. The wording from the UAE specifcally excludes self administered tests:

"The certificate must be a Reverse Transcription Polymerase Chain Reaction (RT PCR) test. Other test certificates including antibody tests, NHS COVID‑19 Test certificates, COVID‑19 Rapid PCR tests and home testing kits are not accepted in Dubai. Self‑testing/Self‑administered PCR test results will not be accepted."
That’s a bit ambiguous to me, as the tests where the swab sample is self administered are still verified by a certificate by a medically qualified person. Unless or until they issue the certificate you do not have a test result….

The self administered part is just the swabbing not the testing in the wider sense - ie you have to upload evidence of ID and there are certain standards to be complied with.

But yes fully agree safer not to have this argument!
Old Feb 10, 2022, 8:38 am

Originally Posted by IAMORGAN
That’s a bit ambiguous to me, as the tests where the swab sample is self administered are still verified by a certificate by a medically qualified person. Unless or until they issue the certificate you do not have a test result….

The self administered part is just the swabbing not the testing in the wider sense - ie you have to upload evidence of ID and there are certain standards to be complied with.

But yes fully agree safer not to have this argument!
My interpretation is that a test which is not self administered has very little chance of being manipulated. You show your ID, and someone swabs you and puts that swab in a vial.

The at home tests are absolutely tested and certified in the same way at a lab, but they have no way of knowing who the sample was taken from, other than taking your word for it.
The_Diamond_Z likes this.
Old Feb 25, 2022, 12:18 pm

Just thought I would post here, NO MORE PCR TEST NEEDED TO ENTER DXB FOR VAXINATED. Saved me £240
https://www.khaleejtimes.com/uae/new...und-travellers
Old Feb 25, 2022, 12:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver (for now)
Just thought I would post here, NO MORE PCR TEST NEEDED TO ENTER DXB FOR VAXINATED. Saved me £240
https://www.khaleejtimes.com/uae/new...und-travellers
So this is from 1 March. Will we need one leaving 28 Feb and arriving on 1 March
The _Banking_Scot likes this.
Old Feb 25, 2022, 1:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi

Ah . I'm out to Dxb tomorrow night so have just done a same day expresstest at edi today.
in at 1010 and results at 1700.
uploaded to verifly and approved in 10mins.

At least there is no testing requirement to head back to the uk

Still good news for future travel plans

Regards
Tbs

²

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.