Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Current parking costs at Heathrow T5!

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2020, 4:28 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by zappomatic
Many of the airport hotels are doing stay and fly deals with parking at the hotel, for around £100. (Even Sofitel is coming in at £181!). Check Holiday Extras and then check the price directly with the hotel as sometimes this can be cheaper.
This is my usual option for a short break, especially for an early Sunday morning departure.

Neither the Sofitel nor the Thistle is open in July.
Old Jul 3, 2020, 5:03 am

I regularly use the meet and greet services (e.g. Purple Parking) booked through Holiday Extras. Every now and again, there is a delay on picking up the vehicle after returning (this seems to be happen only at Gatwick South, and never at Terminal 5 Heathrow), but no problems so far in dropping the vehicle off and no concerns about damage or excess mileage.
IKDR likes this.
Old Jul 3, 2020, 5:27 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
£43 for 8 hours in the short stay T5 at the end of July is about 50% higher than pre-Covid.
Same car park is £200 for 8 days in September which is equally high.

I am happy to pay for the convenience and to save £20 e/w in an Uber (or the dreaded Hoppa) but wonder if the airport are keeping cheaper options closed to maximise revenue?
Old Jul 3, 2020, 5:59 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by HarryHolden68
£43 for 8 hours in the short stay T5 at the end of July is about 50% higher than pre-Covid.
Same car park is £200 for 8 days in September which is equally high.

I am happy to pay for the convenience and to save £20 e/w in an Uber (or the dreaded Hoppa) but wonder if the airport are keeping cheaper options closed to maximise revenue?
It does smack of blatant profiteering, which is not a good look.
Old Jul 3, 2020, 6:00 am

In passing, I mentioned this a few days back, on the 'BA to close at Gatwick' thread.

''One knock-on effect of all of this is the price of on-airport parking at LHR. It's gone through the roof! Last night, for two weeks in August, LS T5 was on offer for around £150, today it is no longer available. With the POD sold out, only SS T5 is available, at around £220.''

Long stay was on offer until 30th June, and since then only SS has been available (still £219.10 for two weeks). Clearly LHR are following the old adage, 'never let a crisis go to waste'.

Regarding hotel parking, I noticed that the new Holiday Inn on the Bath Road (only around 400 yards from the Perimeter Road entrance), is offering a night's accommodation and two weeks parking for around £150 with a Hopper transfer to T5 for £5pp or TFL service to T5 (free).
Old Jul 3, 2020, 6:12 am

Programs: BAEC Gold/GGL, IHG Diamond AMB
Have a look at Just Park - real gem....
Old Jul 3, 2020, 6:20 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Robert279
In passing, I mentioned this a few days back, on the 'BA to close at Gatwick' thread.

''One knock-on effect of all of this is the price of on-airport parking at LHR. It's gone through the roof! Last night, for two weeks in August, LS T5 was on offer for around £150, today it is no longer available. With the POD sold out, only SS T5 is available, at around £220.''

Long stay was on offer until 30th June, and since then only SS has been available (still £219.10 for two weeks). Clearly LHR are following the old adage, 'never let a crisis go to waste'.

Regarding hotel parking, I noticed that the new Holiday Inn on the Bath Road (only around 400 yards from the Perimeter Road entrance), is offering a night's accommodation and two weeks parking for around £150 with a Hopper transfer to T5 for £5pp or TFL service to T5 (free).
Thank you for the suggestion.

The Holiday Inn is closed at present as it isn't possible to book a room for tonight, but it does appear to be opening tomorrow, given that I can make a dummy booking on the hotel's website.

£119 for a Saturday night stay and 4 days' parking is far better value than T5's short-stay parking - plus I get an extra 90 minutes' kip!

I will check back next week, to ensure that the hotel is open and functioning.

Thanks again.
Old Jul 3, 2020, 6:27 am

Programs: BAEC
I've often found that two one-way car hires work out cheaper ...
PUCCI GALORE likes this.
Old Jul 3, 2020, 11:15 am

Programs: Sir Ratechaser Seigneur de la Patience d'un Saint (Mucci), BA Silver, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by Adstring
So let me get this straight. You don't want to park right next to the airport because it's too expensive. You don't fancy Purple becaue it might involve a bus. And you really don't like Hounslow.

Do you have a helicopter?
Why, is there free helicopter parking at Heathrow?

if it was Gatwick and an early flight, then a hotel/parking package would be the obvious choice. But we're only about 30 miles from Heathrow and it's a middle of the day flight so unless something cheaper than the SS official option opens up, we'll be getting a taxi I think... might as well get used to the lack of social distancing...
Silver Fox likes this.
Old Jul 3, 2020, 12:31 pm

Programs: BA Silver AA Lifetime Gold
NCP T2/T3 is open from 30th July. £48 for four days.

Spike
Old Jul 3, 2020, 1:18 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
I doubt Heathrow's mass transit (buses between parking and terminal) worked any better than anyone else's transit when trying to accommodate a 2m repulsion radius around everyone else.

Now that the situation is chilling out to "wear a mask and don't get up close and personal" they might be able to operate a bus transit again.

They're going to have to if they want any recovery in their passenger numbers.
Old Jul 4, 2020, 6:56 am

Programs: GGL
£210 for 14 days in Sept T5 short term, pretty good
Old Jul 4, 2020, 8:25 am

Programs: Sir Ratechaser Seigneur de la Patience d'un Saint (Mucci), BA Silver, Starbucks Gold
Settled on Purple Parking meet and greet in the end, kosher enough an operation for Mrs RC to trust the car to, and a reasonable £69 for the week...
Silver Fox and IKDR like this.
Old Jul 4, 2020, 1:38 pm

Programs: BD, BAEC Pleb, VS Pleb, Accor Pleb, HHonors Gold, Big White Season Pass
Originally Posted by ratechaser
Settled on Purple Parking meet and greet in the end, kosher enough an operation for Mrs RC to trust the car to, and a reasonable £69 for the week...
🤣🤣🤣🙈🙈🙈

This is the same purple parking that had near riot at their depot a few years back when they lost 50 or so sets of keys (including ours)
Solejet6 likes this.
Old Jul 5, 2020, 5:03 am

Originally Posted by Tiger_lily
🤣🤣🤣🙈🙈🙈

This is the same purple parking that had near riot at their depot a few years back when they lost 50 or so sets of keys (including ours)
Well I've found a scratch on a previous car after a couple of days in the old T1 short stay, so frankly there are no 'perfect' options, only ones that have a reasonable chance of ending well...
Silver Fox likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.