Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Current parking costs at Heathrow T5!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2020, 6:54 am
BOH

Programs: IC Hotels Spire, BA Gold
Anyone have experience as to roughly when prices go down as departure date approaches? I too have seen ridiculous parking prices quoted some 2-3 weeks in advance, only to then see it drop significantly close to departure date on both T5 and T2 long-stay.

I want to make sure I time my parking booking correctly for a departure this coming Sunday 6th September - at the moment is quoting £90 for 9 days parking. In usual times this is good for LHR but it may well drop further......
Old Sep 3, 2020, 7:11 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Platinum
I booked the Pod wb 14/9 when it was available and cheap. It's not operating so I am expecting to be switched to short stay foc. Does anyone know when that will be notified?
Old Sep 3, 2020, 11:56 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by BOH
Anyone have experience as to roughly when prices go down as departure date approaches? I too have seen ridiculous parking prices quoted some 2-3 weeks in advance, only to then see it drop significantly close to departure date on both T5 and T2 long-stay.

I want to make sure I time my parking booking correctly for a departure this coming Sunday 6th September - at the moment is quoting £90 for 9 days parking. In usual times this is good for LHR but it may well drop further......
That looks a good price (short stay?) and easy to lock into a price and cancel if it becomes cheaper. I booked short stay for 8 days (in September) a couple of weeks ago for £96, that same booking would now cost £161.
Old Sep 3, 2020, 1:42 pm
BOH

Originally Posted by sl1ppy
That looks a good price (short stay?) and easy to lock into a price and cancel if it becomes cheaper. I booked short stay for 8 days (in September) a couple of weeks ago for £96, that same booking would now cost £161.
Is the long term rate
Old Sep 3, 2020, 2:41 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by BOH
Is the long term rate
I think then unlikely to change given no 'England' changes in travel corridors, but again book, cancel, rebook is very simple and almost instant.
BOH likes this.
Old Sep 3, 2020, 4:30 pm

Programs: BD, BAEC Pleb, VS Pleb, Accor Pleb, HHonors Gold, Big White Season Pass
Originally Posted by Caerbannog
I booked the Pod wb 14/9 when it was available and cheap. It's not operating so I am expecting to be switched to short stay foc. Does anyone know when that will be notified?
The week before your trip. I phoned up though and asked what would happen about 10 days beforehand and they did the upgrade there and then
Old Sep 18, 2020, 3:40 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Tiger_lily
The week before your trip. I phoned up though and asked what would happen about 10 days beforehand and they did the upgrade there and then
I had a Pod booking this weekend. Never got an email moving it so phoned yesterday to ask. I was told they could only move it to long stay FOC, short stay would be repriced at current pricing! I was told the old policy only applied while long stay was closed.
Old Sep 18, 2020, 3:45 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by barneyb
I had a Pod booking this weekend. Never got an email moving it so phoned yesterday to ask. I was told they could only move it to long stay FOC, short stay would be repriced at current pricing! I was told the old policy only applied while long stay was closed.
I had the same issue last weekend but was offered £5 compensation for the downgrade to Longstay...when I arrived at long stay the barrier didn't open and after pressing the assistance button was told I should be in the Pod but had been upgraded to short stay
Old Sep 18, 2020, 5:28 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, M&M, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
Frankly this is Penny Wise and Pound Foolish. When I owned a car in the UK, I would never leave it any street like that for any length of time. My car is worth considerably more than the dearest parking at any airport. My last car was a Sirocco and seeing the damage that was caused in supermarkets to my absolute fury, I would not leave it where it could be vandalised, damaged or stolen. I agree that the parking rates are scandalously high at Heathrow. One feels that one is buying the title to the land, let alone a space for one's car. Nevertheless leaving it in an unguarded place for any length of time is a totally false economy. Moreover I would not be surprised that people could call the police concerned that a stolen car had been dumped in the street.
I parked around Heathrow for free on different streets many times and no one touched car which was much more valuable than Scirocco. I guess, model of the car could have suggested it's luxury airport transfer, but it did not attract any unwanted attention. I would not leave car on a street for weeks, but certainly for a few days. There are few places with parking bays not in front of any houses and bus to catch from there. I also used Justpark booking Premier Inn T5 (now not available), Marriott and Holiday Inn on Bath Road. Renting parking spaces from private residents was the worst case, as streets were usually full of cars and it was difficult to reverse when leaving.

Not sure about comment about insurance upthread. Parking on someone's driveway is no different than parking on airport or a street when visiting someone.
Old Sep 18, 2020, 7:17 am

Programs: BA CCR/GGL, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ratechaser
Suppose something like purple parking might be 'legit enough' but the transfer is a faff.
When I've used it previously they met you in the car park and took the keys from you - there wasn't a transfer. It was a really useful service when travelling with frail Mother-in-Law but I guess the situation may have changed given car park closures....
Old Sep 18, 2020, 7:28 am

Programs: BA CCR/GGL, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by BOH
Not sure that matters one bit? If it is a public road and a vehicle is correctly taxed then it is 100% legal and not really anything to do with the residents (notwithstanding they may well have a view though). If it causes them a problem then the course of action is to lobby their council to change to residents permit only.
It looks like not all residents take that route:

Wythenshawe cars vandalised near Manchester Airport

Luton Airport holidaymakers' cars vandalised on side streets

Vehicles are daubed in white paint in a residential street opposite Liverpool's John Lennon airport and slapped with signs warning: 'This is not a car park'

Old Sep 18, 2020, 8:06 am
BOH

Like I said, some residents may well have a view....
Old Sep 18, 2020, 8:34 am

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors, Virgin
£90 for 16 days. We were moved to T5 short term a week before travelling.
mikeyfly likes this.
Old May 25, 2021, 5:18 am
BOH

Does anyone know if when booking the official LHR Parking for the on-site Long-Term or Short-Term, does your CC get charged at the point of booking or much closer to your booked arrival date?

I notice on their website that a booking can be modified / cancelled at no charge up to 2 hours before - so does this mean they defer charging until then? If they do charge at point of booking and you subsequently cancel within the allowable window, roughly how long does it take for the funds to appear back on your card? Reason for asking is I have fallen foul a couple of times of these "cancellations at no charge" headlines, only to find the small print goes on to say something like 10-15 working days for the refund to actually happen
Old May 25, 2021, 5:26 am

Programs: OWS - AA Lifetime Platinum, BA nobody (blue)
Originally Posted by BOH
Does anyone know if when booking the official LHR Parking for the on-site Long-Term or Short-Term, does your CC get charged at the point of booking or much closer to your booked arrival date?

I notice on their website that a booking can be modified / cancelled at no charge up to 2 hours before - so does this mean they defer charging until then? If they do charge at point of booking and you subsequently cancel within the allowable window, roughly how long does it take for the funds to appear back on your card? Reason for asking is I have fallen foul a couple of times of these "cancellations at no charge" headlines, only to find the small print goes on to say something like 10-15 working days for the refund to actually happen
They charge when you make the booking, and refund when you cancel. From memory, as it's a while since I've done it, the refund was reasonably quick. Not like airlines' refund policies...
BOH likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.