Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Current parking costs at Heathrow T5!

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2020, 11:33 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by Can I help you
I thought a broomstick was far more your style Pooch.
I will get my broomstick and ram it where it fits you best. Hopefully it will be splintery. Cheek!
Old Jul 13, 2020, 12:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Any broomstick that is biggest enough to take your lardy ... won’t be get shoved anywhere thankfully.
PUCCI GALORE likes this.
Old Jul 13, 2020, 1:02 pm
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by Can I help you
Any broomstick that is biggest enough to take your lardy ... won’t be get shoved anywhere thankfully.
Dear Mr Pot,

Thanks for the message

Love

Ms Kettle
Can I help you likes this.
Old Jul 13, 2020, 1:09 pm

Programs: BAEC - Gold
Originally Posted by Agent69
What happens with insurance if your car is damaged while you are away?
If you met Amrik, you’d know that’s not very likely. Started out doing the odd weekend with him and now go for weeks. He’s got a lot of regular customers. Completely secure off-road driveway behind massive locking electric gates and a wall. It’s a lot less likely to get damaged there than in the Pod...
Mapman likes this.
Old Jul 14, 2020, 6:30 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by TheFlyingCyclist
If you met Amrik, you’d know that’s not very likely. Started out doing the odd weekend with him and now go for weeks. He’s got a lot of regular customers. Completely secure off-road driveway behind massive locking electric gates and a wall. It’s a lot less likely to get damaged there than in the Pod...
You mean he isn't insured?
Old Jul 14, 2020, 8:03 am

Programs: BA Gold; Turkish Miles&SmilesElite;; Freccia Alata Plus; Amex Platinum; SPG Gold; Marriott Gold Elit
Originally Posted by TheFlyingCyclist
Amrik is indeed a top fellow. I've used him a few times through JustPark for both business and leisure trips and it's always been extremely successful. He goes out of his way to help and has coped (in my case) with itinerary changes caused by BA strikes and more. He is very willing to run you to and from the airport (it's ten minutes or under from his house to T5 departures) in his AMG Mercedes. Wouldn't hesitate in using him again (I wonder if he's prepared to do an early airport run in August, assuming my flight is not cancelled? Will text him and ask, and draw his attention to this thread!).
Old Jul 14, 2020, 11:03 am

I just booked 2 weeks in August with Purple Parking Meet & Greet T5 for £130, which I consider to be reasonable.

Short stay was £200+ & no other official LHR options were available. Travelling with wife, infant and many suitcases means anything less than valet is a pain for a pre 9am departure!
Old Jul 14, 2020, 2:03 pm
BOH

Programs: IC Hotels Spire, BA Gold
Originally Posted by dansontour
I just booked 2 weeks in August with Purple Parking Meet & Greet T5 for £130, which I consider to be reasonable.

Short stay was £200+ & no other official LHR options were available. Travelling with wife, infant and many suitcases means anything less than valet is a pain for a pre 9am departure!
As posted up thread, HIX T5 to stay one night in August + 2 weeks parking was £84 when I booked 2 days ago. A hotel night would sort your pre 9AM departure too
Old Jul 14, 2020, 3:14 pm

Programs: Sir Ratechaser Seigneur de la Patience d'un Saint (Mucci), BA Silver, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by BOH
As posted up thread, HIX T5 to stay one night in August + 2 weeks parking was £84 when I booked 2 days ago. A hotel night would sort your pre 9AM departure too
For my date it was actually £69 for a family room plus 8 days, which was exactly the same as what I've paid purple parking. But add in 2x4x£6 for the Hoppa transfers and it's a bit less of a bargain, even with the free breakfast.
Old Jul 14, 2020, 3:25 pm

Might not be for everyone but I park on someone’s drive and get the bus for free to the terminal. I’ve used this person several times and they charge £5 a day (their home is next to Leonardo Hotel). You can use the app JustPark and find a good place to park!
Old Jul 14, 2020, 3:30 pm

Originally Posted by BOH
Just got 1 night accommodation and 15 days parking from 27th July at HIX T5 for an amazing £84. I would have needed the hotel night anyway for an 07:15 departure and this was £57 so the parking works out at £1.80 per day. Better than T5 current rates in short-term only!!
Am struggling to find a park & stay package at the HGI so also considering the HIX for our trip in August. With a little one in tow and taking a car seat as well as multiple suitcases with us, the Hoppa would (unusually) be the most 'convenient' option. With the H55 cancelled 'until further notice' - I'm debating whether to book this rate and cancel closer to the time if no dice with the Hoppa in a few weeks.

That said, skyparksecure.com has some pretty good deals for Blue Circle meet & greet - c. £70 for a 10 day trip with free cancellation. Whether we would want to stomach a 4 am start from the coast that morning is another question.
Old Jul 14, 2020, 4:52 pm

The HIX is the one right by J5/M4, right? In which case there’s the 81 bus right outside the door, only £1.50pp and more frequent than the Hoppa as well.
Whitstabubble and ratechaser like this.
Old Jul 14, 2020, 11:03 pm

I always recommend using Heathrow official parking if you can. It’s good peace of mind especially during covid.

Of the 2 years my car has been parked at Heathrow for over 18 months or so and they’ve been really good to me. I was meant to travel to the UK in March (I live in SF) but the travel bans meant I couldn’t fly, and Heathrow have allowed me to keep my car parked for free at T5 since then, and for free until I can travel (who knows when that’ll be?).

I realise I’m in an abnormal situation but I doubt other parking firms would have as good customer service. +1 for Heathrow parking if you can...
Old Jul 14, 2020, 11:07 pm

btw - select different terminals to compare prices. For example T4 long stay is often much cheaper than T5, and it’s a 5 min Uber ride away.
Old Jul 15, 2020, 1:27 am
BOH

Programs: IC Hotels Spire, BA Gold
Originally Posted by exLHRnowSFO
btw - select different terminals to compare prices. For example T4 long stay is often much cheaper than T5, and it’s a 5 min Uber ride away.
Yes, as also posted upthread, T2/3 long term was only £118 for 2 weeks when I booked back in mid-June for July 2nd to 17th, T5 was short-term only at about £260. Just take the bus to T2/3 and then the HEX round to T5....no need for anyone to be paying T5 short-term when so many other choices.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.