Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Current parking costs at Heathrow T5!

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2020, 10:11 am
Original Poster

Current parking costs at Heathrow T5!

Apologies if this has been covered - a quick search suggested not.

Is anyone else annoyed at the charges that Heathrow are currently imposing for parking at T5? I understand that only the short-stay is open at present, but quoting almost £150 for three-and-a-bit days (OK, four days) is, to me, outrageous. BA have switched my flight (at the end of July) from LGW to LHR; the parking cost is enough for me to consider cancelling my trip!

I am looking at alternative parking providers, but it's all a bit of a muddle (understandably); I have always used the official Heathrow car-parks until now.

Public transport is not an option in this case.
Old Jul 2, 2020, 10:32 am

Programs: BAEC GGL
One alternative is park at Hounslow West London Underground Station (£6.50 a day) and take Tube in (£1.50/£1.70 pp each way)
Old Jul 2, 2020, 10:54 am

Programs: BA Silver
After a great deal of thought, I stuck with a valet parking company, £75 for a week at the beginning of August.
Old Jul 2, 2020, 11:03 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL (OWE), SA LifePlat (*G), BD Gold to the end, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by revorgap
One alternative is park at Hounslow West London Underground Station (£6.50 a day) and take Tube in (£1.50/£1.70 pp each way)
amd the parking is free at weekends 😀
Old Jul 2, 2020, 11:57 am

I'm struggling with this too. Travelling from T5 at LHR next Thursday and away for a week. I've been hoping that the govn would announce the end of travel restrictions soonest, and that it might encourage LHR to open up another car park. Hanging on at the moment to see if anything changes.
Tenplus401 likes this.
Old Jul 2, 2020, 1:04 pm

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Yep. I ended up in short stay today and even just for a day it’s eye watering. They should have washed and valeted it for that price!
Silver Fox likes this.
Old Jul 2, 2020, 1:37 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL (OWE), SA LifePlat (*G), BD Gold to the end, Hilton Diamond
To add to the car park situation, for anyone travelling this weekend (4/5 July), there is no underground service between Hounslow Central and Heathrow. Replacement buses are running and that will eat into your lounge time 😉
Old Jul 2, 2020, 3:09 pm
y3d

Programs: BA
Might not be convenient for everyone, but one alternative is to book a night at the Sofitel together with parking.
£230 for one night and 4 days of parking.
Only about £80 more expensive that what short-term was quoting me and I get a few extra hours of sleep before an early flight.
Old Jul 2, 2020, 4:54 pm

Originally Posted by y3d
Might not be convenient for everyone, but one alternative is to book a night at the Sofitel together with parking.
£230 for one night and 4 days of parking.
Only about £80 more expensive that what short-term was quoting me and I get a few extra hours of sleep before an early flight.
The Sofitel is closed until further notice, They have cancelled all of our July and early August bookings. The T4 crowne plaza which has parking is also not available to book in July or August.
watersign likes this.
Old Jul 2, 2020, 5:01 pm

Programs: BD, BAEC Pleb, VS Pleb, Accor Pleb, HHonors Gold, Big White Season Pass
I got 2.5 weeks pod parking for £108 starting on 15th Aug about 2 weeks ago
ThatT1Feeling likes this.
Old Jul 2, 2020, 5:39 pm

Programs: Sir Ratechaser Seigneur de la Patience d'un Saint (Mucci), BA Silver, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by Tiger_lily
I got 2.5 weeks pod parking for £108 starting on 15th Aug about 2 weeks ago
I just tried the same as I need a week from the 22nd August, so within your own dates. But the official Heathrow parking page only gives me one option, short stay at £167. No pod parking, no long stay, no Valet parking. No thanks.

Not sure Mrs RC would be too chuffed about our car being in a LU car park in Hounslow for a week. It's not a super expensive one but it's decent and almost new. So all those cheapy meet'n'greets where you pull up in the short stay car park and hand your keys to a bloke who probably parks it in a field somewhere... well that's out as well. Suppose something like purple parking might be 'legit enough' but the transfer is a faff.

Any other suggestions? Ideally keeping keys...?
watersign likes this.
Old Jul 2, 2020, 5:47 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by ratechaser
I just tried the same as I need a week from the 22nd August, so within your own dates. But the official Heathrow parking page only gives me one option, short stay at £167. No pod parking, no long stay, no Valet parking. No thanks.

Not sure Mrs RC would be too chuffed about our car being in a LU car park in Hounslow for a week. It's not a super expensive one but it's decent and almost new. So all those cheapy meet'n'greets where you pull up in the short stay car park and hand your keys to a bloke who probably parks it in a field somewhere... well that's out as well. Suppose something like purple parking might be 'legit enough' but the transfer is a faff.

So let me get this straight. You don't want to park right next to the airport because it's too expensive. You don't fancy Purple becaue it might involve a bus. And you really don't like Hounslow.

Do you have a helicopter?
Old Jul 2, 2020, 11:50 pm

To be honest, my OH feels the same as ratechaser. We need to park for a week at T5. Normally we do pod or airport long term parking depending on length of time away. Neither are available. On airport website only short term parking is showing at nearly £200 for the week. The only other long term parking for T5 are the meet and greet companies. OH has seen far too many documentaries on meet and greet to be happy to hand his keys over really....and neither would he want to park in the LU car park. Again, hoping if the govn make an announcement about lifting of FCO restrictions, that maybe car parks will open up, but maybe not in time for us next week.

As an aside, if anyone has any really good reviews for meet and greet, I might be able to talk him into it!
Old Jul 3, 2020, 3:27 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by IKDR
To be honest, my OH feels the same as ratechaser. We need to park for a week at T5. Normally we do pod or airport long term parking depending on length of time away. Neither are available. On airport website only short term parking is showing at nearly £200 for the week. The only other long term parking for T5 are the meet and greet companies. OH has seen far too many documentaries on meet and greet to be happy to hand his keys over really....and neither would he want to park in the LU car park. Again, hoping if the govn make an announcement about lifting of FCO restrictions, that maybe car parks will open up, but maybe not in time for us next week.

As an aside, if anyone has any really good reviews for meet and greet, I might be able to talk him into it!
I live not far from Heathrow. I am wishing that my drive had space for a few more cars as I can see a commercial opportunity here
dddc, IKDR and Cyberhacker like this.
Old Jul 3, 2020, 3:59 am

Programs: BA Executive Club Blue

Many of the airport hotels are doing stay and fly deals with parking at the hotel, for around £100. (Even Sofitel is coming in at £181!). Check Holiday Extras and then check the price directly with the hotel as sometimes this can be cheaper.
ratechaser likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.