Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Current parking costs at Heathrow T5!

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2023, 2:32 pm

Programs: Mucci. And BA Gold – previous awards - Gold 11, Silver 7, Bronze 4.
Originally Posted by 1Aturnleft
Remember to also factor in the ULEZ fee if applicable to your vehicle which kicks in from the end of August.... £12.50 per day in my case just to drive to/fom the M25 to LHR which now makes private hire (taxi) or LGW more appealing to me than self drive to/from LHR.

​​​​​
And remember that you can sign up to TFL to have the payment automatically deducted, so you don’t have to remember to do it each time. Though we now live miles away from London Airways’ main hub… we still use them a fair bit each year, so having the peace of mind that it is all taken care of automatically is one less thing to worry about.
Old Jul 5, 2023, 3:05 pm

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold
Originally Posted by gms
I think that Heathrow's current pricing strategy is going to backfire as demand slows. I live 30-40 minutes drive from Heathrow. Public transport isn't generally viable for me (unless I have a lot of time to spare!). I used to drive to Heathrow and park on-site for most trips, other than long hauls. Now, the parking prices are so crazy that if I'm doing anything that requires longer than 2 days parking, it is generally about the same cost to take a taxi. So I now almost automatically just do that. I appreciate they are trying to recoup lost revenue and have regulatory restrictions regarding how much they can increase other airport charges. However, when travel demand starts to slow and they can no longer rely on people automatically paying high prices, they will have lost a chunk of their customer base for good.

I’ve used meet and greet (Blue Circle been the best) for the last 5 plus years booking through the links on MSE usually with Holiday Extras. Helps if you book as soon as you book you flight and they are refundable in case plans change. Always been cheaper that Taxis both ways since I need a 7 seater since we are 5 people with luggage - been around (£70-£90 for a week and this summer I’ve got 3 weeks for £175).

I like to drive myself to the airport (hate the stress of worrying that taxi won’t turn up!) and if you know the system you shouldn’t have to wait more than 5-10 mins to pick up your car on way back. You have to be prepared to hand over your keys so it depends how much you love your car but so far touch wood no issues for me in 30 plus experiences.
BA or bust likes this.
Old Jul 5, 2023, 6:46 pm

Originally Posted by BA or bust
And remember that you can sign up to TFL to have the payment automatically deducted, so you don’t have to remember to do it each time. Though we now live miles away from London Airways’ main hub… we still use them a fair bit each year, so having the peace of mind that it is all taken care of automatically is one less thing to worry about.
I have zero inclination of ever paying the London mafia emissions charge. I wouldn't mind if I were actually driving in town but the fact I'm barely entering Middlesex from further outside the M25 is a little too much to stomach - taxi all the way from now on until I renew my vehicle.
Old Jul 6, 2023, 12:52 am

I usually just pay for short stay but that is crazy expensive at Heathrow usually. I booked valet for the first time this time - very good price for Maple via Moneysavingexpert holiday extras link.

Unfortunately we managed to leave our Tesla key card at home but they were super helpful and let us take it to their car park at the Renaissance hotel.

We're hoping we can liaise with them to unlock and remote start it so they can bring it to us otherwise one of us will have to go collect it. I will use them again just based on how helpful they were in coming up with a solution to our mishap!

For work I just take an Addison Lee or a minicab there and an Uber back, I hate driving off a long haul and it usually works out not much more expensive once I've claimed 45p per mile anyway

Someone has said it above - it is worth keeping an eye on your parking price. Often it gets cheaper last minute, especially short stay (based on my Gatwick experience)
Old Jul 6, 2023, 1:02 am

Programs: Mucci. And BA Gold – previous awards - Gold 11, Silver 7, Bronze 4.
Originally Posted by 1Aturnleft
I have zero inclination of ever paying the London mafia emissions charge. I wouldn't mind if I were actually driving in town but the fact I'm barely entering Middlesex from further outside the M25 is a little too much to stomach - taxi all the way from now on until I renew my vehicle.
I agree, I hate paying it too, but the charge is the charge! I am just pointing out that TFL Auto Pay is a way of slightly reducing the inevitable stress of getting to from LHR. We are a bit to far away to the West to make the economics of a taxi work, it would be well over £250 per trip. We can normally get our usual week or two for £100-200. With the petrol/diesel cost factored in, it still makes sense, since I prefer to drive and be in control of timing arrival at the airport.
Old Jul 6, 2023, 9:20 am

Programs: BA Executive Club
Originally Posted by tjcxx
That is interesting. I see the restrictions you mention on Saba parking's website. But in practice I have been using the car park through weekends and longer than 7 days, for years, including 2 occasions in 2023. I have signed up through the paybyphone website to ANPR charging. That way you just drive in, park, drive out, and they charge your credit card afterwards. You do have to take care to park in the correct area if there at weekends. And realize that during weekends your car is in the middle of a lot of parking movements of market visitors.
Update: parked there today (exit side, for 5 days!) and there are no signs what we could find which suggest a maximum stay of 7 days. The app meanwhile lets you pay for 365 days!
Old Oct 6, 2023, 3:10 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, *A Gold, Hertz President's Circle, HHonors Diamond
Has anybody used the car park at Hatton Cross Underground recently?

Does it feel safe and secure to leave a car there for a few days?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.