Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Current parking costs at Heathrow T5!

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2020, 6:43 am

Programs: BAEC: Bronze
Had similar issue on the parking, two weeks from the 19th July, short term was >£200, with no option for POD or Long term. Went with Maple, as its a drop off at the short term for £110, then noticed that I could have got a hotel the night before and parking for £100!
Old Jul 11, 2020, 1:47 am

I noticed this when I tried to book the other day. Nearly £200 for a long weekend. Glasgow were charging long stay prices at the terminal building car park when they closed their long stay,
Old Jul 11, 2020, 3:31 am

Programs: BA Gold, *A Gold, IHG Platinum
I did contact Heathrow a few days ago asking when the long term would be re-opening.

The answer was "we don't know".

So I'm not expecting it to be any time soon. Maybe if enough people ask, they may take the hint however...
Old Jul 11, 2020, 1:45 pm

Programs: BAEC - Gold
Originally Posted by ThatT1Feeling
I live not far from Heathrow. I am wishing that my drive had space for a few more cars as I can see a commercial opportunity here
I’ve been using a chap in Stanwell Moor for the last couple of years via Justpark. Secure driveway behind massive gates, lovely chap who used to work for BA in ground transport. Very cheap. Extra £5 to drop at T5, £10 to pick up. I’ve walked in on occasion.
Old Jul 11, 2020, 1:50 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by TheFlyingCyclist
I’ve been using a chap in Stanwell Moor for the last couple of years via Justpark. Secure driveway behind massive gates, lovely chap who used to work for BA in ground transport. Very cheap. Extra £5 to drop at T5, £10 to pick up. I’ve walked in on occasion.
link?
Old Jul 11, 2020, 1:55 pm

Programs: BAEC - Gold
Originally Posted by sl1ppy
link?
https://www.justpark.com/uk/parking/...ames-tw19-6bq/
sl1ppy and Silver Fox like this.
Old Jul 11, 2020, 2:25 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by TheFlyingCyclist
What happens with insurance if your car is damaged while you are away?
Old Jul 11, 2020, 2:48 pm

Programs: BA Silver (for now)
Originally Posted by Haagen Daz
Apologies if this has been covered - a quick search suggested not.

Is anyone else annoyed at the charges that Heathrow are currently imposing for parking at T5? I understand that only the short-stay is open at present, but quoting almost £150 for three-and-a-bit days (OK, four days) is, to me, outrageous. BA have switched my flight (at the end of July) from LGW to LHR; the parking cost is enough for me to consider cancelling my trip!

How about don’t drive, get the message.

Pollution is bad, sell your car.

I am looking at alternative parking providers, but it's all a bit of a muddle (understandably); I have always used the official Heathrow car-parks until now.

Public transport is not an option in this case.
Old Jul 12, 2020, 2:04 am

I used to do airport parking and then found it better just getting a hire car, I would usually find a good rate with Hertz for the week with no one way fee using my Amex Plat card or I would book a car with Thrifty since they had a branch 2 mins from my home and book a day rental. Would usually work out around £120 for the entire trip and usually I would book a three series or similar.

Other option as others have mentioned is Just Park, you are parking on someones drive but compared to some of the companies that pick up your car or leaving it in T5 you have a similar level of insurance ie for you to demonstrate who specifically caused the damage.
Silver Fox likes this.
Old Jul 13, 2020, 1:15 am
BOH

Programs: IC Hotels Spire, BA Gold
Just got 1 night accommodation and 15 days parking from 27th July at HIX T5 for an amazing £84. I would have needed the hotel night anyway for an 07:15 departure and this was £57 so the parking works out at £1.80 per day. Better than T5 current rates in short-term only!!
Old Jul 13, 2020, 2:15 am

Programs: Amex Platinum, LH SEN (Gold), BA Bronze
Hounslow West is the best option but if staying for a while then park on the street for free in Egham and it’s a 10 min/10 GBP Uber to T5 from there. It’s a reasonably safe area and unless you leave valuables in plain sight or have a Ferrari (they actually have a Ferrari dealer there so if you need a service just leave it there for free!) your car will be fine.
Old Jul 13, 2020, 2:28 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Wonder what the residents of Hounslow think of people using their area as free car park for LHR.
Old Jul 13, 2020, 2:38 am
BOH

Originally Posted by KARFA
Wonder what the residents of Hounslow think of people using their area as free car park for LHR.
Not sure that matters one bit? If it is a public road and a vehicle is correctly taxed then it is 100% legal and not really anything to do with the residents (notwithstanding they may well have a view though). If it causes them a problem then the course of action is to lobby their council to change to residents permit only.
ahmetdouas likes this.
Old Jul 13, 2020, 2:46 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by BOH
Not sure that matters one bit? If it is a public road and a vehicle is correctly taxed then it is 100% legal and not really anything to do with the residents (notwithstanding they may well have a view though). If it causes them a problem then the course of action is to lobby their council to change to residents permit only.
I am sure you would say the same if you found your road full of cars left there by people going to the local airport. It’s about not being selfish and considering others - although some will always prioritise saving a few pounds over that.

And yes residents have been doing that already around LHR.
aidy likes this.
Old Jul 13, 2020, 2:59 am
BOH

Originally Posted by KARFA
I am sure you would say the same if you found your road full of cars left there by people going to the local airport. It’s about not being selfish and considering others - although some will always prioritise saving a few pounds over that.

And yes residents have been doing that already around LHR.
I don't disagree and my road is often full of cars parked that are not residents although not for airport parking, more for parking for work because town centre parking prices are very high. However I do recognise it is a public road and there are no parking restrictions therefore they are 100% entitled to be there whether I like it or not. I'm quite laid back about it TBH because no one is breaking the law.
ahmetdouas likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.