FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Current parking costs at Heathrow T5!
View Single Post
Old Jul 3, 2020, 6:20 am
Haagen Daz
Suspended

Originally Posted by Robert279
In passing, I mentioned this a few days back, on the 'BA to close at Gatwick' thread.

''One knock-on effect of all of this is the price of on-airport parking at LHR. It's gone through the roof! Last night, for two weeks in August, LS T5 was on offer for around £150, today it is no longer available. With the POD sold out, only SS T5 is available, at around £220.''

Long stay was on offer until 30th June, and since then only SS has been available (still £219.10 for two weeks). Clearly LHR are following the old adage, 'never let a crisis go to waste'.

Regarding hotel parking, I noticed that the new Holiday Inn on the Bath Road (only around 400 yards from the Perimeter Road entrance), is offering a night's accommodation and two weeks parking for around £150 with a Hopper transfer to T5 for £5pp or TFL service to T5 (free).
Thank you for the suggestion.

The Holiday Inn is closed at present as it isn't possible to book a room for tonight, but it does appear to be opening tomorrow, given that I can make a dummy booking on the hotel's website.

£119 for a Saturday night stay and 4 days' parking is far better value than T5's short-stay parking - plus I get an extra 90 minutes' kip!

I will check back next week, to ensure that the hotel is open and functioning.

Thanks again.