Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

FAQ : BAEC : status extensions & Tier Point (re)qualification thresholds reduced

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ : BAEC : status extensions & Tier Point (re)qualification thresholds reduced

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2022, 1:58 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by zen100
That's not right then. It shoud show the reduced thresholds in the app for your year end Oct 2022.

After that, it should then show the full target for year end Oct 2023, but the reduced thresholds will still apply until the end of December 2022.

Mmm. So what's going on?
If what has been said is correct ,they have made silver, then what would be shown is what is needed to get to gold. Maybe some timing issue having met thevreduced silver threshold but not the regular threshold before going for gold.A renewal number for silver till october, when silver has already bedn achieved, is meaningless. Just ignore it
zen100 likes this.
Old Aug 3, 2022, 2:56 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Mine expires 8th October - so I guess I miss out by a week or so. Hmmm
No-where near close to getting gold renewal.
Might email them nearer the time asking if any leeway
I do want to travel and miss travelling!
While some areas of travel such as USA have returned healthy, 80% of my travel was going east, and a good chunk of Asia is still a mess really.
The bulk of my corporate travel is still on hold (which was a nice earner to pay for holiday travel from overtime working away).... that's not really BA's fault, but I can't imagine I am alone here in seeing a huge drop in work travel.
Old Aug 3, 2022, 3:26 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by FlyingNowhere
Mine expires 8th October - so I guess I miss out by a week or so. Hmmm
No-where near close to getting gold renewal.
Might email them nearer the time asking if any leeway
I do want to travel and miss travelling!
While some areas of travel such as USA have returned healthy, 80% of my travel was going east, and a good chunk of Asia is still a mess really.
The bulk of my corporate travel is still on hold (which was a nice earner to pay for holiday travel from overtime working away).... that's not really BA's fault, but I can't imagine I am alone here in seeing a huge drop in work travel.
you are not, that is why BA have been offering double points on BA holodaya bookings

If you were close i could see some leeway being offered, if you had a load of cancelled flights too. You said yourself you are miles off so I do not see it happening.

If they did extend you would you suddenly start travelling? I see the bulk of ygat on hold for a while. Finance people will not want to see travel expense costs increasec1000s of percent. There will be a slow climb back to corporate travel levels. Even mor

Seems any leeway would just be delaying the inevitable based on your mid term travel profile. Silver isnt so bad
JP Flyer likes this.
Old Aug 3, 2022, 4:12 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL
Like scottishpoet says, Silver isn’t so bad and at least when/if business travel resumes you would get the remainder of that year plus the next year at Gold.
Old Aug 3, 2022, 4:39 pm
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
I may be wrong but I have a sneaking suspicion that the 31st December date may well be put back to next year, With all this nonsense this summer and the very real prospect of people boycotting Heathrow in future for connections (and who could blame them?) they will need to do something to make them want to stay. As I entertain a niggling feeling that BA is going to have a clear out of Elites by raising the Goalposts as it is clear that these so-called First Lounges at LHR are constantly packed. It must cost a fortune to keep these running.

That however is for another time. At the moment the very people who travel at short notice are being denied that possibility because of Heathrow's incompetence. Whoever heard of an airline prohibited from selling tickets to its customers. This is now extended to 15th August - it simply cannot go rolling on.
Old Aug 3, 2022, 5:05 pm

Programs: BA Gold/Marriott Gold/HH Diamond/IC Plat Amba
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
I may be wrong but I have a sneaking suspicion that the 31st December date may well be put back to next year, With all this nonsense this summer and the very real prospect of people boycotting Heathrow in future for connections (and who could blame them?) they will need to do something to make them want to stay. As I entertain a niggling feeling that BA is going to have a clear out of Elites by raising the Goalposts as it is clear that these so-called First Lounges at LHR are constantly packed. It must cost a fortune to keep these running.

That however is for another time. At the moment the very people who travel at short notice are being denied that possibility because of Heathrow's incompetence. Whoever heard of an airline prohibited from selling tickets to its customers. This is now extended to 15th August - it simply cannot go rolling on.
One of the reasons I no longer care if they finally drop me to Silver. Travelling is difficult enough these days that if I'm stumping up for the prices BA want I'll take airlines that have a better product and some certainty of actually flying and avoiding LHR. YYZ-LHR is just asking for trouble with airport/government incompetence on both ends
nivsy likes this.
Old Aug 3, 2022, 11:41 pm

I may be wrong but I have a sneaking suspicion that the 31st December date may well be put back to next year,...
this would be extending the reduced tp threshold?

i do not see it myself, there are many ways to get the tp without flying ba
Old Aug 4, 2022, 12:19 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by scottishpoet
this would be extending the reduced tp threshold?

i do not see it myself, there are many ways to get the tp without flying ba
Enlighten me please.
Old Aug 4, 2022, 12:23 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Enlighten me please.
what do you want enlightened about? There have been many months of lots of flights to book, and there are many months more this year with flights to book. And this doesn’t even account for all the non BA flights where you can earn. And of course you don’t even need normal levels of TPs until the end of the year with the 25% reduced thresholds.

Tbh it seems with any disruption now there are always a few who start the demand for extensions. It can come across as entitled. It seems some are unable to move past the BA social security they have been receiving for a few years.
ExAbz likes this.
Old Aug 4, 2022, 1:34 am

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci
Originally Posted by scottishpoet
As per the FAQ posted on the BaEC site and referred to several times in this thread, if your TP end date is beyond the end of 2022 then you will be shown the regular TP threshold to retain status.
This is true, and when you login to your Executive Club account on desktop, there is a huge great big message explaining exactly what is happening regarding the 31 December 2022 reduction, like so.

I don't see why people are confused by this still, when it's written right in front of your face on the website when you login to your account.

Maybe it's not on mobile, or maybe people just don't read. I don't know, but it seems pretty straightforward to me.
Old Aug 4, 2022, 2:43 am

Programs: BA Bronze
Originally Posted by FlightDetective
This is true, and when you login to your Executive Club account on desktop, there is a huge great big message explaining exactly what is happening regarding the 31 December 2022 reduction, like so.

I don't see why people are confused by this still, when it's written right in front of your face on the website when you login to your account.

Maybe it's not on mobile, or maybe people just don't read. I don't know, but it seems pretty straightforward to me.
Above message somehow not showing for me! I'll give it a few days and then ring Exec club and double check.
FlightDetective likes this.
Old Aug 4, 2022, 2:46 am

Different accounts are not displaying the same. My partner's one shows the above message with incorrect progress bar target (non-reduced TPs), my account shows the correct target in the progress bar and doesn't have the extra written message.
m8_rotate likes this.
Old Aug 4, 2022, 3:15 am

Originally Posted by danmushman
Different accounts are not displaying the same. My partner's one shows the above message with incorrect progress bar target (non-reduced TPs), my account shows the correct target in the progress bar and doesn't have the extra written message.
Your partner's one is like mine, which is correct. It says in the message text,

"From 1 January 2023, the normal Tier Point thresholds, as you can see in your progress tracker, will then apply."

I imagine the difference between your two accounts is down to renewal dates. Have you already passed your 2022 date yet? Mine was June and all of this appeared immediately after.
Old Aug 4, 2022, 3:28 am

Your partner's one is like mine, which is correct. It says in the message text,

"From 1 January 2023, the normal Tier Point thresholds, as you can see in your progress tracker, will then apply."

I imagine the difference between your two accounts is down to renewal dates. Have you already passed your 2022 date yet? Mine was June and all of this appeared immediately after.
I agree that the requirements pre and post 31 Dec 22 are clear, it's just BA's IT not doing the best job. I suspect it is related to year end dates. Will pass my renewal in 4 days, but I reached gold last month (BA IT suggests I've 'retained gold') so the progress bar has switched to Gold Upgrade Voucher target.
Old Aug 4, 2022, 4:21 am

Originally Posted by danmushman
I agree that the requirements pre and post 31 Dec 22 are clear, it's just BA's IT not doing the best job. I suspect it is related to year end dates. Will pass my renewal in 4 days, but I reached gold last month (BA IT suggests I've 'retained gold') so the progress bar has switched to Gold Upgrade Voucher target.
Congrats on hitting Gold, it's a fun place to be!

Yeah it will be the year end date then as I suspected. Yours will change over then to look like mine, with a 1,500 target and the message about the reduction through to 31 December.
danmushman likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.