Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

FAQ : BAEC : status extensions & Tier Point (re)qualification thresholds reduced

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ : BAEC : status extensions & Tier Point (re)qualification thresholds reduced

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2022, 3:50 pm

Programs: BA GfL/GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by HighwayToHEL
I'm really hoping that you mean September 2023? I currently have ~£9,000 worth of FTV. So does this mean I have to book the travel by Sep '22, and then actually travel by Sep '23?

I also came across this, which I hadn't previously seen. https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...oucher-refunds
Yes, you can spend your vouchers for travel up until September 2023, but possibility to request the FTV will end in September 2022.
Old Apr 20, 2022, 4:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
I’m encouraged to know that the emails are still being churned out, as I’m feeling like the only kid in town without the party invite
no, no, you're not the only one hmmm...
Old Apr 20, 2022, 4:13 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, BA GGL
I’m encouraged to know that the emails are still being churned out, as I’m feeling like the only kid in town without the party invite
I thought it was just me missing mine 🤣
Old Apr 20, 2022, 4:21 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by bermudasun
I thought it was just me missing mine 🤣
Nothing here, but more chance of a £1000000000000 win on tonight's Euromillions draw and becoming Emperor of the Known Universe before that happens.
Old Apr 20, 2022, 4:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by wheremattgoes
My post was primarily to highlight that BA is inaccurately stating that everyone has had a 2 year extension (in fact only members who failed to qualify after March 2020 got two years) ...
Would you be happier if BA had said that everyone has had their status protected for at least two years, regardless of how much travel they managed to do during the height of the pandemic? And would you have been happy with the fairness and logic of such an approach? In the end, that is broadly how it's worked out, isn't it?
Originally Posted by wheremattgoes
... and then to bemoan the decision to have lower thresholds until the end of December - I know that a line has to be drawn somewhere, and it's a commercial decision, but it seems arbitrary and illogical given that it's only now with Spring that there's been a significant relaxation in restrictions, and 9 months doesn't cover a full year's travel.
However, even on this view you will still have had nine months in which to earn 75% of the normal number of TPs. That has a certain symmetry and logic to it.

It just so happens that, for whatever reason, you have a particular personal pattern of annual TP earning that depends heavily on a period that falls outside that nine months. But that effect on you personally is no more arbitrary or illogical than the effect of these decisions on (say) someone whose main travel destination is Hong Kong.

If it really mattered to either you or the hypothetical comparator, then even on this view there were nine months in which to choose to pay BA some money to fly at different times and/or to different places from usual, in order to retain status. Instead, both you and the hypothetical comparator have chosen to hang on to your money despite the fact that there are now plenty of places to fly to with reasonable ease.
Old Apr 20, 2022, 10:51 pm

Programs: BA GGL (for now) and Lifetime Gold, Marriott fan thanks to Bonvoy Moments
Yes. And (slight) Agh. Nice to get an extension, but had booked travel already which gets me to 2,000 TPs with 3 trips (2 done already) so renewing GGL was easily doable and was looking at GUF1 at 2,500.

Does avoid messing around with timing of BA Holidays double TPs posting though. And I don’t have to worry as much about cash vs. Avios bookings for any weekends away (£££ vs hassle if I need to do a TP run late in the year etc.)

2023 is going to be a crazy burn year now!

I wonder how much of this is a reaction to their operational meltdowns recently.
Old Apr 20, 2022, 10:58 pm

Programs: Was BA GGL but no longer travelling
Still no email for me, however my card expiry now shows Sep ‘23.

Aaaand relax………
Old Apr 21, 2022, 12:20 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Sorry if this has been asked somewhere upthread, did a quick search but did not see it. Is it true that to achieve GGL (independent on when your TP collection year ends) only 2250 TP is needed this year instead of the 25% reduction (3750TP)?
Read this here

Cheers!
Old Apr 21, 2022, 12:27 am

Programs: BA, Hilton
Originally Posted by nldogbert
Sorry if this has been asked somewhere upthread, did a quick search but did not see it. Is it true that to achieve GGL (independent on when your TP collection year ends) only 2250 TP is needed this year instead of the 25% reduction (3750TP)?
Read this here

Cheers!
2250 to retain GGL if earned before Dec 31st, and currently GGL

3750 to attain GGL, if earned before Dec 31st and not currently GGL.
nldogbert and VSLover like this.
Old Apr 21, 2022, 12:36 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold

Aaaand relax………
me too.. still no email but new card expiry date 👍😅
Old Apr 21, 2022, 1:09 am

Programs: BAEC Gold / Marriott Platinum
Same here..no email but card extended to 23.
​​​​
Old Apr 21, 2022, 1:19 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
I seem to have lucked out, somehow been gold for the last 3 years and will be until October 2023 having flown 2 BA shorthaul flights in Y with a longhual W return booked for next Month, since July 2019. Great to have it, but I can see how people are saying this is unfair to those travelling, in no way have I deserved these extensions. However on the flip side, if I am not flying much with them anyway, it makes no difference what level member I am really.
Old Apr 21, 2022, 1:56 am

Programs: BAEC Gold / Marriott Platinum

Aaaand relax………
This makes me happy. I've been following your story for a while and could feel your pain
Old Apr 21, 2022, 1:56 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by TTmex
Same here..no email but card extended to 23.
​​​​
I now have had the email and the 2023 extension showing on my account. Excellent.
TTmex likes this.
Old Apr 21, 2022, 2:22 am

Programs: BA Gold
Another data point. I’m an August year end and have just under 2,000 TPs, I’m likely to end the year on somewhere around 2,900 and have been contemplating my first ever tier points run to get to GGL. Yesterday the App was showing a card expiry date of Sep 2022, today it’s changed to Sep 2023, no email from BA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.