Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

FAQ : BAEC : status extensions & Tier Point (re)qualification thresholds reduced

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ : BAEC : status extensions & Tier Point (re)qualification thresholds reduced

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2022, 1:20 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by air_boi
My tier point collection year ends 8 July 2022 and card expires 31 Aug 2022. I have just reached 450 tier points and have 5 qualifying flights. As I have requalified under the reduced thresholds, when will this show in the app or online? Currently the app is showing what I need to get to gold and still has 31 Aug 2022 expiry.
When requalifying the expiry date doesn't update like it does when moving up a tier. I think its after the current collection year end date passes.
KARFA likes this.
Old Apr 18, 2022, 2:40 am

Originally Posted by aks120
So I am envious just because I think people should be rewarded for what they pay for, not what they THINK they are entitled to?
People who pay for their own flights should get double the tier points than those whose company pays for them. I like this
endoman, skiaplg, JTXC and 3 others like this.
Old Apr 18, 2022, 5:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by aks120

Oh wait you are serious …… I think! So I am envious just because I think people should be rewarded for what they pay for, not what they THINK they are entitled to?

aks120
The point I was trying to make is that you were rewarded. BA provided the frills your status attracted. BAEC renewed that status for a further year, based on your activity and the T&C of the programme.

It's unclear what further reward could be expected. It's unlikely your activity was born of some altruistic wish to support the airline and its workers, but rather because you were required to travel to places, and those places allowed you to enter.

There's a large constituency of status holders that were not so fortunate. They were unable to travel for a number of reasons: closed borders, cancelled flights and the pruning of contact networks amongst businesses. They gained zero benefit from their BAEC status during their membership year. BAEC simply nudged them forward into the next collection cycle where those passengers can begin to enjoy the privileges and comforts they's earned but been unable to realise in the lost year, while boosting BA revenue and earning TPs and avios.

It's an entirely logical and, importantly, cost-free move by the airline. Any special reward to satisfy those disgruntled by the move, because they sailed into a new membership cycle without assistance, has little to recommend it to BA, or to logic. Presumably your cycle of renewal will continue unassisted, so any additional reward would carry a quantifiable cost to the airline for little discernible benefit.
Grace B likes this.
Old Apr 18, 2022, 6:07 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by adrianlondon
People who pay for their own flights should get double the tier points than those whose company pays for them. I like this
People that pay for their own flight should get half tier points, they’re clearly rich, and quarter tier points if they can afford electricity too 😉
adrianlondon and G4K like this.
Old Apr 18, 2022, 7:45 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by adrianlondon
Perhaps us leisure travellers could consider adopting a business traveller during these tough times for them?

(this is a joke btw in case anyone is in doubt )
Old Apr 19, 2022, 1:32 pm

Programs: GGL
GGL renewal threshold

I am 8 April member and after reset it shows I need 3000 for GGL renewal. It must be somewhere in this thread but is it indeed 2250 if achieved by 31/12? Many thanks.
Old Apr 19, 2022, 1:36 pm

Programs: oneworld, * Alliance, Marriott Bonvoy, HHonors, WoH
Originally Posted by jplondon
I am 8 April member and after reset it shows I need 3000 for GGL renewal. It must be somewhere in this thread but is it indeed 2250 if achieved by 31/12? Many thanks.
Yes, renewal is 2250TP, currently until 31/12.
jplondon and m8_rotate like this.
Old Apr 19, 2022, 2:18 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
I am confused. I am an August 8th renewal. The chart in the top of the thread suggests that the reduced renewal threshold will end on the 30th of June this year, but I see references to it ending on 31/12. Will I need to hit the reduced threshold by the 30th of June/full threshold by the 8th of August? Or just the reduced threshold by the 8th of August?
Old Apr 19, 2022, 2:21 pm

Programs: BA, Hilton
Originally Posted by elwe
I am confused. I am an August 8th renewal. The chart in the top of the thread suggests that the reduced renewal threshold will end on the 30th of June this year, but I see references to it ending on 31/12. Will I need to hit the reduced threshold by the 30th of June/full threshold by the 8th of August? Or just the reduced threshold by the 8th of August?
Just the reduced threshold. For Gold you need 1125 by Aug 8th.

30th June was the original date, I guess the chart hasn't been updated since the most recent round of status protection, which protected Apr/May/Jun members and extended the timescale for the reduced targets.

The reduced targets are in place until 31st Dec 2022 for everyone.

Details on Ba.com here: https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...efits#vouchers
Old Apr 19, 2022, 2:26 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Thank you for the clarification!
m8_rotate likes this.
Old Apr 19, 2022, 2:30 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by elwe
the chart is perhaps a little out of date

You have until august 8th to hit the reduced threshold for this years status. You then havd from August 9th till Dec 31 to reach the reduced threshold for next year. If you have not met the reduced threshold by Dec 31 you will then have till Aug 8th 23 to reach the normal threshold
BertieBadger and m8_rotate like this.
Old Apr 20, 2022, 3:47 am

Programs: BA GFL GGL/CCR, VS Lifetime Gold
https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...PvPcr6U6Dw_wcB

Some further extensions. but more complex!
orbitmic and drwook like this.
Old Apr 20, 2022, 3:52 am

Programs: BA GFL GGL/CCR, VS Lifetime Gold
  • Gold Guest List with renewal dates July-December 2022 will be extended for a further 12 months
  • Gold members with renewal dates July-September 2022 will be extended for a further 12 months
  • Silver and bronze do not get any further renewal
  • However, Silver members with renewal dates July-September 2022 will given a 50% reduction in the amount of tier points needed (From 600 to 300 TPs)
  • Everyone else still gets the 25% reduction in tier points until 31 December. This also applies if you want to qualify for a higher status level.
Old Apr 20, 2022, 3:58 am

Originally Posted by chspw1
  • Gold Guest List with renewal dates July-December 2022 will be extended for a further 12 months
  • Gold members with renewal dates July-September 2022 will be extended for a further 12 months
  • Silver and bronze do not get any further renewal
  • However, Silver members with renewal dates July-September 2022 will given a 50% reduction in the amount of tier points needed (From 600 to 300 TPs)
  • Everyone else still gets the 25% reduction in tier points until 31 December. This also applies if you want to qualify for a higher status level.
Unexpected - but i think nicely played BA... will help weed out non travellers and not annoy goldies... currently my family BA birthdates are Jul, Aug and September, with 1 x gold and 2 x silvers... the 2 x silvers currently have 200TPs - so mini TP run it is!
drwook likes this.
Old Apr 20, 2022, 4:06 am

Programs: BA Silver
This is interesting - I wonder how it will affect me. I have a TP collection end date in August, I am officially silver now, but should be gold by now as I am missing TPs from a double tier-point holiday in March. Hmmmm...

EDIT: posted too quickly to think things through that I'm already going to be requalified for next year

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.