Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 29, 2020, 4:12 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Genius1
WHAT'S OPEN IN T5?

Current to 14 January 2022. Changes from previous update in red where applicable.

Landside - Departures
Boots
Caffè Nero
Excess Baggage (both units in Zones B and F)
Excess Baggage Wrap
Kanishka Kitchen
Travelex
WHSmith (both units in Zones C and H) - including Post Office in WHSmith Zone H

Landside - Arrivals
Boots
Bradley Smith Hair Express Bar
Caffè Nero (both units North and South)
Costa Coffee
Excess Baggage
Hotel Reservations / Sim Local
Marks and Spencer
Travelex
WHSmith

Airside - T5A Upper Level
Accessorize
Boots
Dixons Travel
Giraffe
Glorious Britain
Gordon Ramsay Plane Food
Harrods
The Harry Potter Shop
The Macallan Boutique
Travelex
Wagamama
WHSmith
World Duty Free Tobacco

Airside - T5A Gate Level
Be Relax
Boots
Bottega Venetta
Bulgari
Burberry
Cartier
Case
Caviar House & Prunier Seafood Bar
Chanel
Dior
Dixons Travel
Fortnum & Mason
Gucci
Hermès
Hugo Boss
InMotion
Itsu
Kurt Geiger
Louis Vuitton
Orlebar Brown
Paul Smith
Pilots Bar & Kitchen
Prada
Pret a Manger (both Main and Express units)
Ray-Ban
Reiss
Rituals
Rolex
Smythson
Starbucks
Sunglass Hut
Ted Baker
The Crown Rivers (JD Wetherspoon)
Tiffany & Co.
Travelex
Watches of Switzerland
WHSmith (both North and South units)
WHSmith Bookshop
World of Whiskies
World Duty Free (all units - Collection, Main, North, Perfumerie)

Airside - T5B
Boots
Dixons Travel
Sim Local
Starbucks
Sunglass Hut
WHSmith
World Duty Free

Airside - T5C
Boots
Starbucks
WHSmith
World Duty Free

Airside - Arrivals
World Duty Free (both North and South units)

Print Wikipost

COVID-19 and BA: Using Heathrow T5

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2020, 10:07 am

Programs: BAEC
Got a BA flight booked on an EI codeshare this weekend - departing from Terminal 2.

Has anyone passed through lately? If so - don't suppose you could share which T2 restaurants/cafes are open?

Wondering how I'm going to kill three hours without grabbing breakfast!
Old Jul 14, 2020, 10:53 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by londonba2014
Got a BA flight booked on an EI codeshare this weekend - departing from Terminal 2.

Has anyone passed through lately? If so - don't suppose you could share which T2 restaurants/cafes are open?

This seems to show what is open https://www.heathrow.com/at-the-airp...terminalArea=2
Old Jul 14, 2020, 11:05 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by londonba2014
Three hours would be overkill, though plenty of people are turning up very early for flights, for some reason. Not appearing on the HAL list, but certainly open, is Léon, on the lower level, doing their All Day menu only, open from 07:00 hrs to 19:00 hrs. But as with T5 it's easier to get diamonds than coffee there.
londonba2014 likes this.
Old Jul 14, 2020, 11:18 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
But as with T5 it's easier to get diamonds than coffee there.
I cannot afford, drink or want diamonds! Coffee, however, is a different kettle of fish!

rb211.
EDIwanderer likes this.
Old Jul 14, 2020, 11:44 am

Programs: Sir Ratechaser Seigneur de la Patience d'un Saint (Mucci), BA Silver, Starbucks Gold
I just stumbled upon this thread. If there is a lack of restaurants still in T5, then that is more than a bit irritating, especially if it persists into August when we're due to go on a longish band 4 in ET with just the complimentary crisps and biscuits onboard. Was hoping we could stock up with a hearty breakfast beforehand.

either that or we'll be taking it in turns to visit GC...
Old Jul 14, 2020, 11:54 am

Pret (main one near A9) and F&M are already open in T5. I would be surprised if more didn't open in the next few weeks.
Old Jul 14, 2020, 1:34 pm
Ambassador: Oneworld Alliance

Programs: BA Gold (GGL), Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, Marriott Gold
Any info on T5 Pod parking? I checked with Heathrow twitter a week ago and was told it was open. Arrived to find it closed at 6.15 am, so had no choice but to use short term (£££££). They could have place a sign near the main roundabout with info.
Old Jul 14, 2020, 1:53 pm

Programs: BA Gold, *A Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by squeeler
Any info on T5 Pod parking? I checked with Heathrow twitter a week ago and was told it was open. Arrived to find it closed at 6.15 am, so had no choice but to use short term (£££££). They could have place a sign near the main roundabout with info.
I saw something mentioned that both the pods and T5 long stay wouldn’t be opening until September.

Theres a separate thread dedicated to T5 parking, although no real concrete info.
squeeler likes this.
Old Jul 14, 2020, 3:48 pm

Programs: BA Gold , Mucci recipient. Coffee Drinker, Blue Sky Thinker
Originally Posted by jwhite9185
Theres a separate thread dedicated to T5 parking, although no real concrete info.
Think its Tarmac actually.
Genius1, wrp96, ENTP and 3 others like this.
Old Jul 14, 2020, 4:03 pm

Originally Posted by adrianlondon
Is BA still allowing everyone (busy flight or not) to check in compliant hand luggage at LHR? Thanks in advance.
Hi Adrian, I can answer this! Yes, the facility is still available.
Old Jul 15, 2020, 5:09 am

Originally Posted by KARFA
Pret (main one near A9) and F&M are already open in T5. I would be surprised if more didn't open in the next few weeks.
The prophecy has been fulfilled! Plane Food opens from today.

Old Jul 15, 2020, 6:57 am

Programs: BA Silver; IHG Spire; Avis P+; Global Entry
Originally Posted by jwhite9185
I saw something mentioned that both the pods and T5 long stay wouldn’t be opening until September.

Yes i added the comment on the parking thread. I have noticed that they are taking T5 long term and POD parking bookings from the 1st September.
Old Jul 16, 2020, 12:38 pm
BOH

Programs: IC Hotels Spire, BA Gold
Some observations arriving at T5 today. It is very, very quiet everywhere....until you get to the Immigration area and then it becomes a combination of farce and chaos. For some reason, the e-gates are not generally in use, no doubt because of the need to check by an officer that the on-line trace form has been correctly filled out. But as I think someone else pointed out, once the queue reaches a certain length...they just open the e-gates and the only checking of the trace form is HAL employee asking people, "have you filled the form in" (not actually checking) and if the person answers with a "yes" they are just let through. Seems a bizarre way to control the virus with the government having mentioned that track and trace is a cornerstone of control.

Having been in Italy for 2 weeks it is very different there in so many ways, nobody needs to be told to wear a mask, everyone just does it and if you forget, a member of the public will quickly remind you to put one on. The authorities are also very vigilant, in PSA airport today I had a croissant and coffee and forgot to put mine back on immediately afterwards and within 2 minutes an airport staff member was over to tell me.
Old Jul 16, 2020, 2:35 pm

Programs: KLM Plat for Life , BA Gold, HH Silver, (Other half Diamond), IHG Gold
A similar story returning from Bologna today at 1310. It took 48 minutes in the EU/ UK queue to get to border control .
It was badly organised and a complete embarrassment in its failure to provide a safe and efficient service . People were getting hot and bothered and there was some shouting and ineffectual crowd management by border control.

What concerned me was that the system does not comply with government guidelines in respect of social distancing , it is impossible as you are constantly passing people well within 1 meter on either side . Through out my entire trip this was probably the riskiest bit of the journey . I had a delightful border agent who agreed and said she was terrified as they are not allowed to wear masks .
Old Jul 16, 2020, 3:29 pm

UKBF should be wearing masks along with every other staff member in the terminal, did she really day they aren't allowed?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.