Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 29, 2020, 4:12 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Genius1
WHAT'S OPEN IN T5?

Current to 14 January 2022. Changes from previous update in red where applicable.

Landside - Departures
Boots
Caffè Nero
Excess Baggage (both units in Zones B and F)
Excess Baggage Wrap
Kanishka Kitchen
Travelex
WHSmith (both units in Zones C and H) - including Post Office in WHSmith Zone H

Landside - Arrivals
Boots
Bradley Smith Hair Express Bar
Caffè Nero (both units North and South)
Costa Coffee
Excess Baggage
Hotel Reservations / Sim Local
Marks and Spencer
Travelex
WHSmith

Airside - T5A Upper Level
Accessorize
Boots
Dixons Travel
Giraffe
Glorious Britain
Gordon Ramsay Plane Food
Harrods
The Harry Potter Shop
The Macallan Boutique
Travelex
Wagamama
WHSmith
World Duty Free Tobacco

Airside - T5A Gate Level
Be Relax
Boots
Bottega Venetta
Bulgari
Burberry
Cartier
Case
Caviar House & Prunier Seafood Bar
Chanel
Dior
Dixons Travel
Fortnum & Mason
Gucci
Hermès
Hugo Boss
InMotion
Itsu
Kurt Geiger
Louis Vuitton
Orlebar Brown
Paul Smith
Pilots Bar & Kitchen
Prada
Pret a Manger (both Main and Express units)
Ray-Ban
Reiss
Rituals
Rolex
Smythson
Starbucks
Sunglass Hut
Ted Baker
The Crown Rivers (JD Wetherspoon)
Tiffany & Co.
Travelex
Watches of Switzerland
WHSmith (both North and South units)
WHSmith Bookshop
World of Whiskies
World Duty Free (all units - Collection, Main, North, Perfumerie)

Airside - T5B
Boots
Dixons Travel
Sim Local
Starbucks
Sunglass Hut
WHSmith
World Duty Free

Airside - T5C
Boots
Starbucks
WHSmith
World Duty Free

Airside - Arrivals
World Duty Free (both North and South units)

Print Wikipost

COVID-19 and BA: Using Heathrow T5

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2020, 3:26 pm

Programs: BA Gold , Mucci recipient. Coffee Drinker, Blue Sky Thinker
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
The move from T4 at zero notice caused a lot of problems for TfL Rail.
Does anyone know how to get to the T4 Hilton and PI hotels from an inbound T5 flight? Does the usual 428/490 stop in front of the T4 terminal allowing for access to the bridge thing or do you have to get in via the back door ?
Old Jul 4, 2020, 3:30 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by sunshinebob
Does anyone know how to get to the T4 Hilton and PI hotels from an inbound T5 flight? Does the usual 428/490 stop in front of the T4 terminal allowing for access to the bridge thing or do you have to get in via the back door ?
The bridge is closed, so you best go to Starlight Way bus stop and get in that way. If you book with Hilton you will get an email saying the following
Please be aware that the Heathrow Terminal 4 remains closed until further notice. Due to this fact transportation around Terminal 4 is limited. The Hotel Hoppa Shuttle Bus is not available at this time. If you wish to travel, Uber is active around Heathrow and public transportation remains available, with buses leaving the bus stop adjacent to the Hilton Heathrow Terminal 4 towards Heathrow Terminal 5 and Hatton Cross, where it is possible to take a connecting bus towards Terminal 2 and 3.
sunshinebob likes this.
Old Jul 5, 2020, 1:05 am

Hey all! Just a random question, does anyone know the best route to go to Ibis styles from T5? Any buses from the T5 terminal or do I have to go to central Heathrow terminal buses?
I have an early flight in the morning and decided to get a hotel, so I guess that’d be the same to go back to T5?

and I’ve just been demoted to bronze.. so I’m using a dragon pass, does anyone know if any lounges are open in T5? (Apart from the BA club and F)

thank you!!
Old Jul 5, 2020, 1:18 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
You best take the tube to T2 and the public buses from there. Or 423 direct from T5 though that's on a 20 to 30 minute service frequency . The buses are running near normal.

No other lounges working so the next alternative is to park yourself at the F&M bar.
Old Jul 5, 2020, 1:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by krispy84
The F&M bar was circa Half Full when I went past at 0745 this morning. Plenty of pax with champagne glasses

EDIT: None spotted with coffee.
The bar being half full is likely to mean it was actually full given social distancing?
Old Jul 5, 2020, 1:33 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
You best take the tube to T2 and the public buses from there. Or 423 direct from T5 though that's on a 20 to 30 minute service frequency . The buses are running near normal.

No other lounges working so the next alternative is to park yourself at the F&M bar.
thank you for your advice! I’ll definitely need a second coffee so .. back to Pret and Starbucks !

oh my, I kinda wish I’ve put more effort in reneweing silver again lol
Old Jul 5, 2020, 2:53 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Genius1
The bar being half full is likely to mean it was actually full given social distancing?
F&M have blocked off alternate bar stools, with signs which can be moved if a household bubble turns up.
Old Jul 5, 2020, 3:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by xmrbrightside89
thank you for your advice! I’ll definitely need a second coffee so .. back to Pret and Starbucks !
Starbucks is currently closed, but Pret is open! Starbucks will likely be reopening soon, so it may be open by the time you travel.
Old Jul 5, 2020, 4:11 am

Programs: BA Exec Club (Silver)
Does anyone have any inside info on when the Hilton at T5 may reopen? I notice the wiki stated possibly 1st, 4th or 7th July but I was wondering if anyone has anything more concrete?

I’ve had a look around online and can’t find anything. It’s currently unavailable to book online directly with Hilton and doesn’t show on BA.com.
Old Jul 5, 2020, 12:20 pm

Programs: BA Gold , Mucci recipient. Coffee Drinker, Blue Sky Thinker
Re: Hilton T5 .... If I search on google on my mobile its offering prices as from the 10th of July. That of course means something , just not sure what...

GlasgowBlue likes this.
Old Jul 5, 2020, 1:41 pm

Programs: BA Exec Club (Silver)
Thank you sunshinebob. Nothing was showing for myself earlier this weekend so I’ll take another look.

Some info others may find useful. Sofitel T5 is showing as being available to book online from 3rd August onwards, online directly with Accor.
alex67500 likes this.
Old Jul 9, 2020, 1:18 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Surprised there was lots of phone and passport handling by the gate agents during a recent boarding. I can understand the former a bit more because they need to check documents, but all that handling of items from different pax can't be good. The plastic screens around the gate podiums help but they're a not ideal when the gate agent needs to move around it to check your face matches the passport!

I had hoped/assumed there would be an element of "scan yourself" like at the lounge entrances for boarding too.

Definitely worth bringing a pack of wipes to clean things as you go.
ringingup likes this.
Old Jul 9, 2020, 3:31 pm

Twilight Bag Drop

Anybody know if it’s possible to use Twilight bag drop with BA at T5 currently?
Old Jul 11, 2020, 12:42 am

Quick question for those in the know: is it possible to go to T5B and back, without having to clear security again, with the walkway?
Old Jul 11, 2020, 2:10 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/GFl, HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Virgin Voyages Deep Blue Extra, Blue Peter Badge Holder
So, easy and straight through F wing this morning, no queues at all. Note there is a dedicated AA flagship F desk within the F check-ins. Combined lounge in situ with the Concorde terrace (given they have gone to the effort of opaque glass signage on the doors- I suspect this is going to be the medium term solution). The entrance has a BA member on to check access now (I note earlier reports that this wasn’t the case), the only have an iPad (which she didn’t have put) and no physical list in you forget your CCR card.
crazyarmadillo likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.