Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 29, 2020, 4:12 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Genius1
WHAT'S OPEN IN T5?

Current to 14 January 2022. Changes from previous update in red where applicable.

Landside - Departures
Boots
Caffè Nero
Excess Baggage (both units in Zones B and F)
Excess Baggage Wrap
Kanishka Kitchen
Travelex
WHSmith (both units in Zones C and H) - including Post Office in WHSmith Zone H

Landside - Arrivals
Boots
Bradley Smith Hair Express Bar
Caffè Nero (both units North and South)
Costa Coffee
Excess Baggage
Hotel Reservations / Sim Local
Marks and Spencer
Travelex
WHSmith

Airside - T5A Upper Level
Accessorize
Boots
Dixons Travel
Giraffe
Glorious Britain
Gordon Ramsay Plane Food
Harrods
The Harry Potter Shop
The Macallan Boutique
Travelex
Wagamama
WHSmith
World Duty Free Tobacco

Airside - T5A Gate Level
Be Relax
Boots
Bottega Venetta
Bulgari
Burberry
Cartier
Case
Caviar House & Prunier Seafood Bar
Chanel
Dior
Dixons Travel
Fortnum & Mason
Gucci
Hermès
Hugo Boss
InMotion
Itsu
Kurt Geiger
Louis Vuitton
Orlebar Brown
Paul Smith
Pilots Bar & Kitchen
Prada
Pret a Manger (both Main and Express units)
Ray-Ban
Reiss
Rituals
Rolex
Smythson
Starbucks
Sunglass Hut
Ted Baker
The Crown Rivers (JD Wetherspoon)
Tiffany & Co.
Travelex
Watches of Switzerland
WHSmith (both North and South units)
WHSmith Bookshop
World of Whiskies
World Duty Free (all units - Collection, Main, North, Perfumerie)

Airside - T5B
Boots
Dixons Travel
Sim Local
Starbucks
Sunglass Hut
WHSmith
World Duty Free

Airside - T5C
Boots
Starbucks
WHSmith
World Duty Free

Airside - Arrivals
World Duty Free (both North and South units)

Print Wikipost

COVID-19 and BA: Using Heathrow T5

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2020, 12:59 pm

Programs: BAEC Bronze
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Ah, that's a different question! From next week onwards I'd be hoping that a few more venues will be opening up. I am expecting at least the smaller WDF shop to open up very soon, the one in T2 is open.
WDF, Harrods and a few other places in T5 have opened as of today.
Old Jul 1, 2020, 4:47 pm
K&C

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Speedbird Julie
I thought that one of the fashion boutiques had opened, may have been Gucci?

As traffic picks up hopefully we'll see more and more of T5 open up.
Yes it is Gucci.

Also received an email tonight from the Aerotel at T3 that they are staying closed until Monday 31 August and will refund my booking.
Speedbird Julie likes this.
Old Jul 1, 2020, 11:46 pm

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
This morning's list of open retail at T5 A:

The Macallan
WDF
Prêt
Boots
WH Smith
Glorious Britain
Collection
Gucci
World of Whiskies
Kurt Geiger (they have a sign that says they're open but they were closed at 6.45 am today!)
Harrods appeared to be firmly closed but it might be the early hour.

Sadly, despite my tightly crossed fingers, no lounges, just some scruffy A4 and A3 signs taped to the wall, saying they're closed.
Old Jul 1, 2020, 11:50 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA CCR GGL, Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by ThatT1Feeling

Sadly, despite my tightly crossed fingers, no lounges, just some scruffy A4 and A3 signs taped to the wall, saying they're closed.
Was the F-Wing open? Hearing it is.
Old Jul 1, 2020, 11:54 pm

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by oneworldrtw
Was the F-Wing open? Hearing it is.
Hmmm I assumed not so didn't head towards it at all - I went through North Security. But as the lounge is closed, I guess only the check-in desks could be open and there were no queues at the normal desks at all. It's a bit busier here than I expected (maybe 10%+ of normal) but there actually isn't any need for any premium services in truth.

Also, despite all the signs saying you must wear a mask, there seems to be no monitoring and enforcement, including of Heathrow's own staff. Yes I know some people have medical exemptions and masks can be removed for eating but I'd estimate that 10 - 15% are walking around with no face covering at all and another 10% are wearing it around their neck.

oh, and just noticed - there are no group boarding signs anywhere at the gate. I guess that’s logical as I understand it’s boarding rear seats first, but it does seem strange without any of the signs.

Last edited by ThatT1Feeling; Jul 2, 2020 at 12:15 am
Old Jul 2, 2020, 1:08 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Also, despite all the signs saying you must wear a mask, there seems to be no monitoring and enforcement, including of Heathrow's own staff. Yes I know some people have medical exemptions and masks can be removed for eating but I'd estimate that 10 - 15% are walking around with no face covering at all and another 10% are wearing it around their neck.
That's in line with my experiences. Enforcement is tricky since the DfT guidelines are for while travelling, not at stations or airports, where is it more about encouragement. Working staff don't have to wear masks either, in terms of the relevant SI. I suspect you will find people masked up at boarding time, maybe a few slip down mid flight while eating and not speedily replaced, but compliance overall is fairly good, and that perhaps should be highlighted over the exceptions.
Speedbird Julie likes this.
Old Jul 2, 2020, 1:55 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
That's in line with my experiences. Enforcement is tricky since the DfT guidelines are for while travelling, not at stations or airports, where is it more about encouragement. Working staff don't have to wear masks either, in terms of the relevant SI. I suspect you will find people masked up at boarding time, maybe a few slip down mid flight while eating and not speedily replaced, but compliance overall is fairly good, and that perhaps should be highlighted over the exceptions.
yes, you’re right, corporate-wage-slave .. onboard it appears to be full compliance and maybe I should have pointed out that the vast majority of pax at the airport were wearing masks. It’s interesting your point about staff though - if there are signs throughout the airport saying “you must wear a face covering”, then surely the airport’s own staff should be seen to be doing so to avoid mixed messaging?
Old Jul 2, 2020, 4:25 am

Programs: BA Silver, VS, Costa Coffee, My Waitrose
Originally Posted by Saint4805
Does anyone know if BA are allowing PAX to check in hand luggage free of charge in order to create space in the overhead bins and reduce COVID risk or is this only being done on selected flights like before? I seem to recall BA sending emails within a day or two of departure.
I am travelling to Malaga tomorrow on the BA2717, which was moved from Gatwick. Booked a HBO fare, and have just received email from BA as follows : -

Dear XXXXXXXXXThank you for choosing to fly with British Airways.

Your flight tomorrow is busy, and we'd like to invite you to check in your hand baggage free of charge. You can do this at any available desk. Please be aware that items such as Powerbanks, spare batteries, lighters/matches and e-cigarettes cannot be carried in checked baggage.

Thank you and we look forward to seeing you on board.

Warm regards,

British Airways Customer Service

I think i will check my bag now.
Old Jul 2, 2020, 4:45 am

Programs: Mucci de Guardian des Celliers des Grands Crus 1e Classé, plus BAEC.
Originally Posted by Lgwfan
I am travelling to Malaga tomorrow on the BA2717, which was moved from Gatwick. Booked a HBO fare, and have just received email from BA as follows : -

Dear XXXXXXXXXThank you for choosing to fly with British Airways.

Your flight tomorrow is busy, and we'd like to invite you to check in your hand baggage free of charge. You can do this at any available desk. Please be aware that items such as Powerbanks, spare batteries, lighters/matches and e-cigarettes cannot be carried in checked baggage.

Thank you and we look forward to seeing you on board.

Warm regards,

British Airways Customer Service

I think i will check my bag now.
I think this is the standard email sent to HBO pax on busy flights ex-LHR?

Others will be able to advise better than me, but I think the key point is that your checked baggage must still conform to HBO sizing (more or less).
Old Jul 2, 2020, 4:54 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by krispy84
I think this is the standard email sent to HBO pax on busy flights ex-LHR?

Others will be able to advise better than me, but I think the key point is that your checked baggage must still conform to HBO sizing (more or less).
Yes, that is standard procedure for busy flights, and as indicated on the July thread, AGP services are running full, with BA seemingly not willing / able to run extra services. If it is the afternoon flight there are almost no seats left and a one way to AGP is £547 in EuroTraveller (not a Basic fare though!).

And indeed you can't use this facility to add to your Basic allowance, merely to check it in if you wish.
Old Jul 2, 2020, 5:04 am

Programs: BA/VS Gold
yes, you’re right, corporate-wage-slave .. onboard it appears to be full compliance and maybe I should have pointed out that the vast majority of pax at the airport were wearing masks. It’s interesting your point about staff though - if there are signs throughout the airport saying “you must wear a face covering”, then surely the airport’s own staff should be seen to be doing so to avoid mixed messaging?
Ironically, you're probably more likely to transmit in the airport than onboard thanks to the HEPA filters on aircraft!
Old Jul 2, 2020, 5:15 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
This morning's list of open retail at T5 A:

The Macallan
WDF
Prêt
Boots
WH Smith
Glorious Britain
Collection
Gucci
World of Whiskies
Kurt Geiger (they have a sign that says they're open but they were closed at 6.45 am today!)
Harrods appeared to be firmly closed but it might be the early hour.

Thanks for the list! Do you know if the tobacco part of WDF was open? Nasty habit I know, but doing BSL soon...
Old Jul 2, 2020, 6:33 am

Originally Posted by alex67500
Thanks for the list! Do you know if the tobacco part of WDF was open? Nasty habit I know, but doing BSL soon...
sorry Alex, didn’t notice... but nothing in that area appeared to be closed!
alex67500 likes this.
Old Jul 2, 2020, 8:17 am

Flying out of LHR T5 at 0720 next Thursday to MAD. Struggling to book parking....as the thread earlier said (and I was hoping it had changed), the only non meet and greet carpark for T5 is the short stay at nearly £200 for 8 days. Does anyone have any better ideas on parking? I did read about parking at T2 and taking the HEX but that's not really ideal at 5am...
Also, (and I know no-one has a crystal ball), wondering if the BA lounges will be open by then? Just trying to plan my coffee drinking before the early flight!
Old Jul 2, 2020, 9:11 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by IKDR
Flying out of LHR T5 at 0720 next Thursday to MAD. Struggling to book parking....as the thread earlier said (and I was hoping it had changed), the only non meet and greet carpark for T5 is the short stay at nearly £200 for 8 days. Does anyone have any better ideas on parking? I did read about parking at T2 and taking the HEX but that's not really ideal at 5am...
Also, (and I know no-one has a crystal ball), wondering if the BA lounges will be open by then? Just trying to plan my coffee drinking before the early flight!
Are you aware of the new Spanish Travel Health program - https://www.spth.gob.es

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.