Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 29, 2020, 4:12 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Genius1
WHAT'S OPEN IN T5?

Current to 14 January 2022. Changes from previous update in red where applicable.

Landside - Departures
Boots
Caffè Nero
Excess Baggage (both units in Zones B and F)
Excess Baggage Wrap
Kanishka Kitchen
Travelex
WHSmith (both units in Zones C and H) - including Post Office in WHSmith Zone H

Landside - Arrivals
Boots
Bradley Smith Hair Express Bar
Caffè Nero (both units North and South)
Costa Coffee
Excess Baggage
Hotel Reservations / Sim Local
Marks and Spencer
Travelex
WHSmith

Airside - T5A Upper Level
Accessorize
Boots
Dixons Travel
Giraffe
Glorious Britain
Gordon Ramsay Plane Food
Harrods
The Harry Potter Shop
The Macallan Boutique
Travelex
Wagamama
WHSmith
World Duty Free Tobacco

Airside - T5A Gate Level
Be Relax
Boots
Bottega Venetta
Bulgari
Burberry
Cartier
Case
Caviar House & Prunier Seafood Bar
Chanel
Dior
Dixons Travel
Fortnum & Mason
Gucci
Hermès
Hugo Boss
InMotion
Itsu
Kurt Geiger
Louis Vuitton
Orlebar Brown
Paul Smith
Pilots Bar & Kitchen
Prada
Pret a Manger (both Main and Express units)
Ray-Ban
Reiss
Rituals
Rolex
Smythson
Starbucks
Sunglass Hut
Ted Baker
The Crown Rivers (JD Wetherspoon)
Tiffany & Co.
Travelex
Watches of Switzerland
WHSmith (both North and South units)
WHSmith Bookshop
World of Whiskies
World Duty Free (all units - Collection, Main, North, Perfumerie)

Airside - T5B
Boots
Dixons Travel
Sim Local
Starbucks
Sunglass Hut
WHSmith
World Duty Free

Airside - T5C
Boots
Starbucks
WHSmith
World Duty Free

Airside - Arrivals
World Duty Free (both North and South units)

Print Wikipost

COVID-19 and BA: Using Heathrow T5

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2020, 4:14 pm

I took the liberty of creating a WikiPost from the post by Genius1 (with contributions from others like c-w-s) for what's open. Hopefully this can be kept up to date - and maybe add other info.

If I have crossed some line or broken some rule - just shoot me now!

rb211.
Genius1 and alex67500 like this.
Old Jul 30, 2020, 4:44 am

Programs: BA Silver VA Red SAS Gold
Going through security

Hello, is it still possible for J passengers and above or Silver & above Ex Club members to clear security well above the minimum 2 hours for short haul flights? It was possible in the past but not sure if now with The Covid situation, they are enforcing the two hours minimum ! Thanks
Old Jul 30, 2020, 4:55 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by abfab80
Hello, is it still possible for J passengers and above or Silver & above Ex Club members to clear security well above the minimum 2 hours for short haul flights? It was possible in the past but not sure if now with The Covid situation, they are enforcing the two hours minimum ! Thanks
Yes that's fine. I am not aware of any restrictions of you going through security based on time before your flight is due to depart.
Old Jul 30, 2020, 5:09 am

There was a 2 hour max limit for bag drop last week, which was weird since I don't think the early bag store(s) downstairs are anywhere near capacity.
Old Jul 30, 2020, 5:21 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
The problem HAL is having is the opposite: people are turning up way too early for flights, thinking the situation demands extra time, and that means staffing levels get screwed up. This was also made worse by BA scheduling a silly number of services between 08:00 and 09:30. In reality, turning up 65 minutes before longhaul services is not just sufficient, it's overkill. So it's best not to turn up too early, and in T2 they have had to develop a strange queuing system to keep people out of the building, luckily T5 has been spared that so far. Either way, it is not a 2 hour minimum check-in, it's a 2 hour maximum. The mixed messaging comes from Social Media teams playing safe to avoid someone complaining afterwards.

If you have lounge access you can still go in early (I really wouldn't advise it). You can also twilight check-in the night before.
adrianlondon likes this.

Last edited by corporate-wage-slave; Jul 30, 2020 at 5:59 am
Old Jul 30, 2020, 5:38 am

They really want you at the airport early. I don't undewrstand why.

From https://www.heathrow.com/departures/checking-in

Old Jul 30, 2020, 11:25 pm
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
Morning Folks.

Quick question. My company have booked me into the Thistle hotel overnight next weekend. Are the Pods running yet? If not, what's the best way to get to the hotel from T5?

Many thanks.
Old Jul 31, 2020, 2:18 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Saltire74
Morning Folks.

Quick question. My company have booked me into the Thistle hotel overnight next weekend. Are the Pods running yet? If not, what's the best way to get to the hotel from T5?

Many thanks.
As of last week the Pod wasn't working.

The 423 bus is running on the normal timetable, and the bus stop is just outside the hotel. That's free and you can use the TfL website to see how far off the next bus is. The Hoppas are also running on an hourly basis but I'm never going to recommend them. If it's a nice day you could walk, it is almost exactly 1 mile (though there is a short bridge that pedestrians aren't supposed to use).
Old Jul 31, 2020, 6:41 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Silver
Does anyone know if OLCI is available for Greece at the moment? Not sure and wondered if the requirement to have filled out a PLF before travel and show QR codes means we would need to check in at airport. Trying to decide whether to plan to check bags or take hand baggage only and also how much time to allow for check in and security. Our flight is next Friday lunchtime.
Old Jul 31, 2020, 9:13 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by GinSling76
Does anyone know if OLCI is available for Greece at the moment? Not sure and wondered if the requirement to have filled out a PLF before travel and show QR codes means we would need to check in at airport. Trying to decide whether to plan to check bags or take hand baggage only and also how much time to allow for check in and security. Our flight is next Friday lunchtime.
OLCI is not supposed to be available for Greek destinations to ensure QR codes are checked. If you are not travelling on a Friday or Saturday morning you should be OK to arrive 90 minutes to departure.
Old Jul 31, 2020, 9:33 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
OLCI is not supposed to be available for Greek destinations to ensure QR codes are checked. If you are not travelling on a Friday or Saturday morning you should be OK to arrive 90 minutes to departure.
It's not, I learnt the hard way this morning with the family. Only applied for our QR code last night and only had the option of stating arrival date as 1st Aug, not thinking it would be an issue based on the instant delivery of the QR code when travelling to Spain last week - Refused travel with a heavily pregnant other half and six year old and no Avios availability on the flights to Chania tomorrow.

Now travelling via Athens tomorrow + £300 in the hole for the connections. Not ideal!

I've submitted another PLF form now as we're coming in on different flights, assume this won't cause another issue as the website does say to only submit one per family but doesn't give the option to amend travel plans should they change?
Old Jul 31, 2020, 9:48 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Silver
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Thanks cws - I suspected that might be the case but couldn’t find confirmation anywhere. We are in 12.15 flight so we’re planning to arrive about 10.15 which should hopefully be enough time even though still Friday morning then!
Old Jul 31, 2020, 10:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
This week's update added to the wiki - Crown Rivers back in operation.
Old Jul 31, 2020, 11:09 am
Original Poster

Eat Out to Help Out scheme
(and I did not invent this title, it really is something that originated from HMG)

The following restaurants in T5 have registered to offer half price food and non alcoholic drinks for seated service, to a maximum of £10 discount per person on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays in August:

- Crown Rivers (Wetherspoon)
- Plane Food
- Giraffe (not currently open)
- Pilots (not currently open)
- Caviar House
- Fortnum & Mason Bar

A few others of use to BA passengers
- Holiday Inn Express T5
- Heathrow Tandoori, High Street Harlington (nearish Harlington Corner bus stop and hotels around there)
- Mercure Heathrow
- Novotel Heathrow Cherry Lane
- Doubletree Bath Road
- HGI Hatton Cross
- Hyatt Place

[Thinking aloud, should I do a separate thread on this????]
Genius1 and alex67500 like this.
Old Jul 31, 2020, 11:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Pret, Caffè Nero and Starbucks have also registered with the Eat Out to Help Out scheme (for eat-in customers).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.