Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA Covid-19 news, views, speculations, general questions, rants & more

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA Covid-19 news, views, speculations, general questions, rants & more

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2020, 6:48 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by ExpatSomchai

Workaround found! How to trigger an online Avios flight refund using Google Chrome

Down, boy! Already being discussed in the main Covid-19 advice thread.
Old Mar 19, 2020, 6:51 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by southlondonphil
Why are you trying to fly in April? Most of Europe won't even hit the peak of infections rate until April. The current emergency is not likely to be over for a number of months. Attempting to book anything this side of June (and more likely July/August) seems like a triumph of optimism over realism.
I am aware of that, but then again, I need to go, and end of April is in the future, and the future s unknown. Worst case I will have to roll it forward at a later point, if the world is lucky, not. So yes, optimism, and also limited downside. If I rebooted for July/August I very much doubt that BA would allow a change to an earlier date if all got sorted one way or another?
Old Mar 19, 2020, 7:07 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Bonvoy Gold
Just landed at LHR. Not sure if posted elsewhere but the Concorde Room is closed until further notice. EDIT it has in the lounge closure thread.

For those mid trip keep a close eye on things. Our Avios booking HYD-LHR on Sat cancelled so moved to Friday's service

On checking last night today's LHR-HYD is cancelled, but the return leg which we were rebooked on is still scheduled. Now I know they may position in an aircraft from elsewhere but it doesn't seem likely.

Rang to get onto today's service instead, had to pay change fee and rely on Avios availability, so long layover for NCL connection but happy to pay £35 and wait a bit rather than risk the cancellation situation getting worse.
Old Mar 19, 2020, 8:51 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Accor Live Limitless Gold, Hilton Honours Gold, Avis Preferred Plus
Originally Posted by southlondonphil
FCO stands for Foreign & Commonwealth Office - it by definition concerns itself with overseas rather than domestic matters as they affect the UK , and thus will have nothing specific to say on the subject of flights to Edinburgh (until such time as Scotland becomes independent )

Other branches of the government have cautioned against public assembly and unnecessary travel (work from home, etc.).

Just because you can do something, doesn't mean you should. If, in the next few days London is locked down and goes into some kind of curfew/martial law situation (it could happen!), then that quick blast up to EDI to do nothing in particular looks a bit foolish
Exactly what I was trying to imply
Old Mar 19, 2020, 2:47 pm

Help

Really Hope u can give advise as I’m stuck

Booked a non refundable flight through an online travel agency

BA have cancelled my flight which is fine from reading online I see I’m entitled to a full refund back onto my original payment method , online agent have cancelled my booking however will refund me in full minus an in-house admin fee.

They advised I have to wait 12 weeks for them to process the refund , no cancellation invoice has been sent to me , however received email to say will be refunded minus admin fee

Sorry I don’t understand the airline jargon however i called BA they advised that the agency have already refunded the tickets through the GDS already.

Can the agent not refund me straight away , they say it takes 12 weeks for the airline to respond to the refund however BA say it’s already been done

Any advise u could give would be appreciated

Concerned I’m being fobbed off and will never get my money which is £2k read online that this company often doesn’t refund pax

Thanks

B
Old Mar 19, 2020, 3:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by Bcortex
Really Hope u can give advise as I’m stuck

Booked a non refundable flight through an online travel agency

BA have cancelled my flight which is fine from reading online I see I’m entitled to a full refund back onto my original payment method , online agent have cancelled my booking however will refund me in full minus an in-house admin fee.

They advised I have to wait 12 weeks for them to process the refund , no cancellation invoice has been sent to me , however received email to say will be refunded minus admin fee

Sorry I don’t understand the airline jargon however i called BA they advised that the agency have already refunded the tickets through the GDS already.

Can the agent not refund me straight away , they say it takes 12 weeks for the airline to respond to the refund however BA say it’s already been done

Any advise u could give would be appreciated

Concerned I’m being fobbed off and will never get my money which is £2k read online that this company often doesn’t refund pax

Thanks

B
With limited information, I doubt that most of us here in FT, would not be able to help further.

As I assume, you bought a ticket from an unreputable travel agent and due to the COVID-19 situation going on, you asked for a refund. As BA has canceled the ticket, it's the agency's responsibility to refund you back the money and their policy would apply. It may take time for BA to refund the money back to the TA and it may take time for the TA to refund you back the money to you. In addition, BA waiving change/cancellation fees on some tickets does not mean that the agency would waive their own service fees and their own policy may apply.

Unfortunately, the only thing you could do is wait until your money gets back and if not, pursue your legal rights.
Old Mar 19, 2020, 6:11 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by ExpatSomchai
Doesn't work. For me, it gets a form with "I am on this booking"/"I am not on this booking" radio box and no way to move further. There's a "Return to Manage my Booking" button that does what it says, but no joy.
I've used the form that CWS posted to submit for a refund. Waiting on some indication that took. (MMB shows two canceled flights, but still an active booking. No e-mail to say anything is happening.)
Old Mar 19, 2020, 6:13 pm

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
Originally Posted by gormless
Doesn't work. For me, it gets a form with "I am on this booking"/"I am not on this booking" radio box and no way to move further. There's a "Return to Manage my Booking" button that does what it says, but no joy.
I've used the form that CWS posted to submit for a refund. Waiting on some indication that took. (MMB shows two canceled flights, but still an active booking. No e-mail to say anything is happening.)
Maybe check www.headforpoints.com for further info
Old Mar 19, 2020, 6:19 pm

Programs: AB BA Waterloo Mama Mia
Advice requested....reading the thread and following events it appears that BA is working its way down the line in terms of cancellations. The website allows me to book April 22 May 24 trip TLV LHR YVR. I realize I receive a refund if BA cancels or a voucher if I do. YVR is one of 4 airports designated to receive flights. Conjecture...odds of having flight cancelled significant? alternatively the risk of getting stuck...although Vancouver in April May is quite lovely.
Old Mar 19, 2020, 6:34 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by testycal
Advice requested....reading the thread and following events it appears that BA is working its way down the line in terms of cancellations. The website allows me to book April 22 May 24 trip TLV LHR YVR. I realize I receive a refund if BA cancels or a voucher if I do. YVR is one of 4 airports designated to receive flights. Conjecture...odds of having flight cancelled significant? alternatively the risk of getting stuck...although Vancouver in April May is quite lovely.
odds are 50/50 it either will get cancelled or won't that's about as much help thus far out anyone can be
Tobias-UK and rockflyertalk like this.
Old Mar 20, 2020, 7:32 am

Programs: BA Exec, LH M&M
Two of my BA flights got cancelled today. European one (Easter holiday) and US one (end of April). Seems they're cancelling a lot of flights now
Old Mar 20, 2020, 8:51 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Hawk777
odds are 50/50 it either will get cancelled or won't that's about as much help thus far out anyone can be
Originally Posted by Above
Two of my BA flights got cancelled today. European one (Easter holiday) and US one (end of April). Seems they're cancelling a lot of flights now
I can only imagine the time of the task and size of the task to rewrite the entire airlines fleet schedule is a matter of weeks working within normal office hours. So I would set expectations that more changes and cancellations are being pushed out hourly/daily and weekly. I would not like to be the team that has to do this. Albeit it is keeping people in work at least.

I doubt in the history of IAG have they had such a mammoth project of completely tearing up their fleet plans and pretty much starting from scratch. I doubt 9/11 compares to this.
Old Mar 20, 2020, 9:22 am

Programs: BA Silver, for now at least...
So my RAK flights (booked on Avios) next weekend finally showed up as cancelled -trying to call BA to get refunded (No, BA, I dont want a god-damned voucher!), and cant get through on the phones.

Any tips for a lowly Bronze member to get this resolved?

I get that BA are in a pickle with this, but this stupid voucher policy is making things 100x worse...
Old Mar 20, 2020, 10:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by Professor Yaffle
So my RAK flights (booked on Avios) next weekend finally showed up as cancelled -trying to call BA to get refunded (No, BA, I dont want a god-damned voucher!), and cant get through on the phones.

Any tips for a lowly Bronze member to get this resolved?

I get that BA are in a pickle with this, but this stupid voucher policy is making things 100x worse...
The only other possibility to avoid calling and obtain a refund is a workaround detailed in this post in the immediate help thread:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/32209950-post666.html
Old Mar 20, 2020, 11:15 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Posted without comment

BA shorthaul A319 CE seat, today

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.