Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA Covid-19 news, views, speculations, general questions, rants & more

BA Covid-19 news, views, speculations, general questions, rants & more

Old Mar 18, 2020, 1:03 pm

Would someone mind PMing me the BA Holidays number please? My MMB just redirects me to the generic list of telephone numbers page (my booking has a car rental so that is a BA Holiday, right?)
Old Mar 18, 2020, 1:25 pm

Programs: Mucci Chevalier des Internautes Amables; BAEC
Might already be known on here, but BA is now looking at closing T5C to become a parking area, and grounding all LH Fleet save for the 350 and 787, cancelling 75% of schedule.
email2markt likes this.
Old Mar 18, 2020, 1:32 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by chistery
If I accepted a voucher for my BA1 flight which has just been cancelled at the last minute, can I change my mind and get a refund instead?
I would call today and see if you can jump ahead of the eVoucher process.
Old Mar 18, 2020, 1:33 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Agneisse
Would someone mind PMing me the BA Holidays number please? My MMB just redirects me to the generic list of telephone numbers page (my booking has a car rental so that is a BA Holiday, right?)
There is a BAH option in the main IVR for BA.
Old Mar 18, 2020, 2:25 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
Just spent a couple of hours trying to organise flights for my wife and friend who have just had their EasyJet flight from Faro to Glasgow cancelled (scheduled to depart tomorrow) I’ve now booked BA on Friday night to LGW (overnight hotel in Gatwick ) followed by a domestic up to Glasgow on the Saturday morning. My only concern is that a similar position occurs between now and Friday - Million dollar question, do you think this route will be ok over the next 2/3 days ? She only has 5 extra days meds for a heart condition and is very concerned at the moment. Thanks
Old Mar 18, 2020, 2:37 pm

Programs: BA GGL & CCR, GFL
It seems the BA11 service to SIN (and its return as BA12) is zeroed out every day from April 1st until May 1st.
Old Mar 18, 2020, 2:51 pm

Originally Posted by mike&co
Just spent a couple of hours trying to organise flights for my wife and friend who have just had their EasyJet flight from Faro to Glasgow cancelled (scheduled to depart tomorrow) I’ve now booked BA on Friday night to LGW (overnight hotel in Gatwick ) followed by a domestic up to Glasgow on the Saturday morning. My only concern is that a similar position occurs between now and Friday - Million dollar question, do you think this route will be ok over the next 2/3 days ? She only has 5 extra days meds for a heart condition and is very concerned at the moment. Thanks
For the meds, that's actually the priority, so you may want to use some local contact to help with that urgently. If you have travel insurance then their medical contact point will give you help on this, e.g. contact details of a local doctor, even if you don't actually make a claim. I seem to recall there was a UK GP who lives and works in Oporto but I don't know anything more than that. If all else fails, go to a pharmacy in OPO, the educational requirements on pharmacists is such that they will probably speak English and will perhaps steer you in the right direction. I would suggest that is the main priority over the flight. As I understand it Faro will continue to LGW, and LGW's service level is currently the strongest of all the 3 hubs, thanks to not being reliant on business bookings. Crystal ball stuff, but I think it will work on Friday, the GLA will surely work too.
Old Mar 18, 2020, 2:57 pm

Programs: AS; BA Silver; UA; HH Diamond; Sprngli Connaisseur
BA just canceled my LHR-SJC at the beginning of April. Since it was in F, best to call YouFirst for the refund then?

Last edited by greg5; Mar 18, 2020 at 3:04 pm Reason: Accidentally typed ZRH instead
Old Mar 18, 2020, 3:01 pm

Originally Posted by greg5
BA just canceled my LHR-ZRH at the beginning of April. Since it was in F, best to call YouFirst for the refund then?
No, because there is no First on European routes. You usual contact line should now be fairly clear at the moment.
jerry a. laska likes this.
Old Mar 18, 2020, 3:04 pm

Programs: AS; BA Silver; UA; HH Diamond; Sprngli Connaisseur
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
No, because there is no First on European routes. You usual contact line should now be fairly clear at the moment.
Sorry, about the wrong code. Should have been SJC.
Old Mar 18, 2020, 3:05 pm

Originally Posted by greg5
Sorry, about the wrong code. Should have been SJC.
Indeed a bit different. You should get through to YouFirst in under 10 minutes.
hedur and greg5 like this.
Old Mar 18, 2020, 4:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by chistery
If I accepted a voucher for my BA1 flight which has just been cancelled at the last minute, can I change my mind and get a refund instead?
I would call today and see if you can jump ahead of the eVoucher process.
In particular, see this just posted: Covid-19 BA Rebooking/Cancellation/Refund HELP & ADVICE *No Speculation etc*
chistery likes this.
Old Mar 18, 2020, 4:20 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
For the meds, that's actually the priority, so you may want to use some local contact to help with that urgently. If you have travel insurance then their medical contact point will give you help on this, e.g. contact details of a local doctor, even if you don't actually make a claim. I seem to recall there was a UK GP who lives and works in Oporto but I don't know anything more than that. If all else fails, go to a pharmacy in OPO, the educational requirements on pharmacists is such that they will probably speak English and will perhaps steer you in the right direction. I would suggest that is the main priority over the flight. As I understand it Faro will continue to LGW, and LGW's service level is currently the strongest of all the 3 hubs, thanks to not being reliant on business bookings. Crystal ball stuff, but I think it will work on Friday, the GLA will surely work too.
Thanks CWS appreciated as always. Happy ending as Jet2 have have just put on an emergency flight tomorrow. Shes now booked on it.
Old Mar 18, 2020, 4:50 pm

Programs: MyWaitrose, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond & BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Globaliser
Thanks. I called and was told it was processed two days ago, so too late. This corresponds to the flight disappearing from MMB but only got the email today saying it was in progress.
Old Mar 18, 2020, 5:06 pm

So is BA automatically cancelling the flights for us? My early April flights are booked through Am Ex Platinum and I would hate to have to sit there and call them and take up space in the queue if they are just going to refund everyone automatically? My fight is SAN to LHR and back April 4-15th in first class x 2. I also have a stand alone business class tix for my son that I had to book thru BA directly because he is 15 only and flying back alone on the 12th so that would be something hopefully BA is cancelling on its own....

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.