Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA Covid-19 news, views, speculations, general questions, rants & more

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA Covid-19 news, views, speculations, general questions, rants & more

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2021, 10:49 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Up In The Air
A friend is travelling from JFK-LHR to join us here in the UK fro Christmas. She is a US citizen.

Her passport is in her married name, but her US vaccine records are in her maiden name. She's concerned that this will cause her problems, and that she might be sent back to the US from LHR.

Ive suggested that BA wouldn't let her check in at JFK without her Passenger Locator Form being in order, so any name conflict issues would be resolved one way or another prior to check in.

Any advice or relevant information from fellow Flyertalkers would be greatly appreciated.
As SonTech said - this is going to be resolved at JFK. It is unlikely anyone will check anything at LHR. Just a passport scan at the electronic gates.
Old Jan 29, 2022, 6:47 am

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, FB Platinum, MB Titanium, Hilton Diamond
I was chatting to a crew member on a recent flight and was surprised to find out that BA crew do not need to be vaccinated or have a negative Covid test result in order to fly!

It left me speechless and quite miffed…
Keystone and nk15 like this.
Old Jan 29, 2022, 8:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Originally Posted by MaxFlyer
I was chatting to a crew member on a recent flight and was surprised to find out that BA crew do not need to be vaccinated or have a negative Covid test result in order to fly!

Just wait when they start dropping their cloth masks soon, this is going to get even better...every man, woman, and child for themselves, and whoever makes it, makes it....will be the new policy.
useless likes this.
Old Jan 29, 2022, 5:42 pm

I overheard a senior cabin crew member on my flight today telling a family that they didn’t believe in the vaccine and would not get it.

I appreciate that people have their own views and beliefs but in a role where you are travelling in a metal tube from country to country with hundreds of other people surely IMHO being vaccinated and testing negative is a must.
SxMan likes this.
Old Jan 29, 2022, 6:29 pm

Programs: BA Gold , Mucci recipient. Coffee Drinker, Blue Sky Thinker

Depends where the flight is going of course , in many instances they will need to covid test to fly so thats not the whole truth.. [my bolding]

A quick trip to the Sofitel at LHR and you will see plenty of evidence of Crew getting tested..
SxMan likes this.
Old Jan 30, 2022, 4:34 am

Originally Posted by sunshinebob
Depends where the flight is going of course , in many instances they will need to covid test to fly so thats not the whole truth.. [my bolding]

A quick trip to the Sofitel at LHR and you will see plenty of evidence of Crew getting tested..
This was on a flight to the US.
Old Jan 31, 2022, 3:24 am

Programs: SAS Eurobonus Gold Card
I have a quick question! I will be traveling to UK this week. I have had three vaccines but the booster shot was only last week. Am I still classified as fully vaccinated for UK travel? The reason I ask is because the gov.uk site says "You must have had your final dose of the vaccine at least 14 days before you arrive in England."

I had the first two vaccine doses by August last year and traveled to the UK since but now my vaccine passport says dose three was last week.
Old Jan 31, 2022, 3:27 am

Programs: BA; IHG; LHW; Hilton
Choice

but, of course, they may if they wish. Personal choice has so much merit.
Old Jan 31, 2022, 4:13 am

Programs: Aadvantage platinum; IHG Spire
Originally Posted by citiflyerUK
I have a quick question! I will be traveling to UK this week. I have had three vaccines but the booster shot was only last week. Am I still classified as fully vaccinated for UK travel? The reason I ask is because the gov.uk site says "You must have had your final dose of the vaccine at least 14 days before you arrive in England."

I had the first two vaccine doses by August last year and traveled to the UK since but now my vaccine passport says dose three was last week.
you’ll be fine, pretty sure it’s referring to the first two. I travelled in December before I was eligible for the booster and had no problems
citiflyerUK and LCSinTexas like this.
Old Jan 31, 2022, 4:48 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by citiflyerUK

As an NHS clinical immuniser, I can confirm you would be fully vaccinated under the UK's regulations. At this stage the booster and Third Primary Doses do not count towards full vaccination status, merely two doses and two weeks, or one dose and two weeks in the case of the Janssen vaccine.
citiflyerUK likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.