Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA Covid-19 news, views, speculations, general questions, rants & more

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA Covid-19 news, views, speculations, general questions, rants & more

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2021, 4:42 am

England domestic travel on BA, are there any covid requirements

I have been unable to find any covid requirements for a domestic flight with BA in England so thought I would ask here, is there anything I need to do other than book and fly? I assume not as it's domestic but can't I find any confirmation of this on the BA app or website. Thanks.
Old Nov 23, 2021, 4:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by richlondon
I have been unable to find any covid requirements for a domestic flight with BA in England so thought I would ask here, is there anything I need to do other than book and fly? I assume not as it's domestic but can't I find any confirmation of this on the BA app or website. Thanks.
Hi

Just book and fly ( and wear a mask on board unless exempt)

Regards

Tbs
Old Nov 23, 2021, 4:47 am

Originally Posted by KARFA
Did you try using verifly?
That's the part I missed, thanks!

Somehow the ability to select your seat during OLCI disappeared - after completing VeriFLY and trying to check in again, I immediately got a boarding pass with an effing middle seat, although the email prompting me to OLCI promised I would be able to select my seat. And unlike the Ryanair app, the BA app doesn't allow changing seats after checking in. Can check in agents at the airport change the seat for me?

Edit: Missing seat selection was a user error.

Last edited by cockpitvisit; Nov 23, 2021 at 4:54 am
Old Nov 23, 2021, 4:47 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by richlondon
you will still get the pop ups on mmb and the pre travel emails to check requirements, but just ignore them.
Old Nov 23, 2021, 5:10 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by cockpitvisit
And unlike the Ryanair app, the BA app doesn't allow changing seats after checking in. Can check in agents at the airport change the seat for me?
Well, that hasni't changed in the last 6 years, but yes you can change seat after OLCI, so long as you don't download your boarding pass / email it / print it / fax it. So if you aren't entirely happy with your seat at OLCI, just complete OLCI but don't do the boarding pass options. Yes, check-in can change it, though strictly speaking if it's a Basic ticket then you may have to pay for another seat - something they may or may not raise with you.
Old Nov 23, 2021, 5:17 am

Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi

Just book and fly ( and wear a mask on board unless exempt)

Regards

Tbs
Thanks Tbs
Old Nov 23, 2021, 5:23 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Well, that hasni't changed in the last 6 years, but yes you can change seat after OLCI, so long as you don't download your boarding pass / email it / print it / fax it.
Is there an option in the app to NOT download a boarding pass? I just clicked "Agree and check in" (obviously missed the small button about changing seats) and here it was, the boarding pass, right on the next screen.

Will try my luck at a counter. It's a BAEC redemption in shorthaul C (it has middle seats in C because the plane is an A380 used for training).
Old Nov 23, 2021, 5:46 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by cockpitvisit
Is there an option in the app to NOT download a boarding pass? I just clicked "Agree and check in" (obviously missed the small button about changing seats) and here it was, the boarding pass, right on the next scre

Will try my luck at a counter. It's a BAEC redemption in shorthaul C (it has middle seats in C because the plane is an A380 used for training).
I don't you will suffer much, assuming the partitions can be raised, it's not a long flight either. But yes, that's the fast OLCI screen, there is indeed a button for changing seats, and labelled accordingly.
Old Nov 23, 2021, 9:51 am

Has anyone been able to do an online check in to Germany on BA?

VeriFLY doesn't support flights to Germany on BA. On ba.com, I am asked to fill out a form (name, address, phone, vaccination status etc.).

After I fill in the form and click Continue, the following appears:

If I click on "Add Extra documents", nothing happens and the link simply disappears.

Clicking "Submit" brings me to some employee login page (digitalboarding.force.com/...):

What am I doing wrong? Or does the warning about needing to upload Covid-19 docs before being able to check in appear independently of an actual need to upload any docs?

Paid seat reservation for the return leg doesn't work either (I am getting an error message). Very disappointing BA
Old Dec 8, 2021, 9:50 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Rewards, BAPP
Latest covid test rules regarding a USA-LHR-GLA-LHR

Just after a bit of speculation really!

Just after Christmas I'm scheduled to fly back to the UK from the USA. The flights are JFK-LHR-GLA on one ticket followed by a b2b to LHR.

Obviously I'd have the PCR/LFT before leaving JFK but what do you think would happen on arriving at LHR? Am I considered to be in transit at LHR and self isolate in GLA, or as I'm not leaving the GLA gate area could I return to LHR before self isolating at home. Or even, will I be told to self isolate on the first LHR arrival?

When/where would you recommend taking the UK PCR test as well?

As I said, purely speculation for now, they'll probably pull my outbound trip anyway!

Regards

AQ
Old Dec 8, 2021, 10:04 am

Originally Posted by alwaysquestions
Obviously I'd have the PCR/LFT before leaving JFK but what do you think would happen on arriving at LHR? Am I considered to be in transit at LHR and self isolate in GLA, or as I'm not leaving the GLA gate area could I return to LHR before self isolating at home. Or even, will I be told to self isolate on the first LHR arrival?

When/where would you recommend taking the UK PCR test as well?
You would be able to do the UK PCR at any point from arrival in LHR first time around, the next day, or the day after. So I would wait until travel back to LHR is complete, you are allowed to keep travelling. Then it's down to your own sense of cost and convenience which day2 test to take. A lot depends on your immediate plans after travel, if you are going to be at home anyway then you can just do whatever day2 test is cheapest for your timeline.
LCSinTexas likes this.
Old Dec 11, 2021, 2:14 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Rewards, BAPP
Thanks C-W-S, I'm not in any rush after the flights so I'll just find a test that's a reasonable price.

ps Sorry for the delayed reply, I lost where I'd posted!

AQ
Old Dec 11, 2021, 3:13 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Sat in the lounge now at TIA.

stressful check in. I have done everything and got a verifly pass but TIA isn’t online so no OLCI. Firstly she insisted the pre departure test needs to be a pcr, then she claimed it wasn’t within 2 days despite it being dated 9 Dec. She seemed to be convinced it was the 13 Dec today. Is it any wonder people are put off travelling? I appreciate I have taken a very conservative line and generally stuck to UK only travel over the last 18 months, but experiences like this doesn’t make me want to travel abroad more.
The _Banking_Scot likes this.

Last edited by KARFA; Dec 11, 2021 at 9:47 am
Old Dec 11, 2021, 5:41 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold
A friend is travelling from JFK-LHR to join us here in the UK fro Christmas. She is a US citizen.

Her passport is in her married name, but her US vaccine records are in her maiden name. She's concerned that this will cause her problems, and that she might be sent back to the US from LHR.

Ive suggested that BA wouldn't let her check in at JFK without her Passenger Locator Form being in order, so any name conflict issues would be resolved one way or another prior to check in.

Any advice or relevant information from fellow Flyertalkers would be greatly appreciated.
Old Dec 11, 2021, 9:42 am

Programs: Gold, Some red card and some hotel cards.
Originally Posted by Up In The Air
A friend is travelling from JFK-LHR to join us here in the UK fro Christmas. She is a US citizen.

Her passport is in her married name, but her US vaccine records are in her maiden name. She's concerned that this will cause her problems, and that she might be sent back to the US from LHR.

Ive suggested that BA wouldn't let her check in at JFK without her Passenger Locator Form being in order, so any name conflict issues would be resolved one way or another prior to check in.

Any advice or relevant information from fellow Flyertalkers would be greatly appreciated.
I would recommend that she takes her marriage certificate with her when she travels.
LCSinTexas and argonath like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.