Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DYKWIA | 2020/21 edition

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2021, 5:21 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by krispy84
A top quality DYKWIA post!!

Complete with its own DYKWIA moments 😁😁😁
That's the law. It's the same as the self defence law.

When faced with DYKWIA behaviour directed at you, you are entitled to retaliate with your own DYKWIA retort without fear of repurcussions.
Old Jun 28, 2021, 5:31 am

Programs: Seniors Bus Pass
Originally Posted by PGberkshire
Whats HVC?
High Value Criminal in some circles ... but in this forum is probably High Value Customer by BA reckoning
Oxnardjan and PGberkshire like this.
Old Jun 28, 2021, 5:33 am

Programs: Seniors Bus Pass
Originally Posted by Wozza2404
That's the law. It's the same as the self defence law.

When faced with DYKWIA behaviour directed at you, you are entitled to retaliate with your own DYKWIA retort without fear of repurcussions.
... I would not be so sure of that round these parts!

Wait until Mr 1D comes and posts his side of the story
Old Jun 28, 2021, 6:13 am

Me trying to organise the multiple DYKWIA in post #477

wrp96, krispy84, Crismyth and 6 others like this.
Old Jun 28, 2021, 6:13 am

Programs: BAEC Gold / Marriott Platinum
Sounds like a real life version of top trumps. My CIV score beats yours! Top quality DYKWIA. Thanks for sharing
Old Jun 28, 2021, 10:25 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
That’s totally the kind of DYKWIA we would all secretly like to have, I think, where a DYKWIA is put down by the crew and made to realise where they sit in the pecking order 😊
Old Jun 28, 2021, 12:15 pm

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
Originally Posted by msm2000uk
Flew back from Portugal last week, and clearly certain passengers had forgotten how travel works!

Passenger in 1D - could you move your items out from my locker.
Me - Not really, no. There are items above my seat already.
1D - But the sticker says its my locker and I fly regularly enough to know where my things belong.

NOW AT THIS POINT I SHOULD HAVE JUST KEPT QUIET...but its me, so...

Me - Where does it state it is your locker?
1D - There.
Me - No, that's where your seat is.
1D - I fly more than you. I am a Gold card holder with British Airways
Me - Really?

AGAIN, I SHOULD HAVE KEPT QUIET...

Me - I'm GGL, CCR, an HVC, and Gold for Life. (At this point my wife s......ed and realised this was the best part of the trip).
1D - I'm going to ask the crew (one of whom happened to be one of the loveliest IFMs I've ever encountered)

Crew member - Lord msm2000uk (thank you BA App) is correct, but I can move your bags to above Row 3 if you would like?

1D pipes down momentarily.

Crew member comes back about 5mins later - Lord msm2000uk, I've never known such a young Silver cardholder (points at my toddler). Most of our passengers take many more years to achieve Silver (crewmember winks, speaking loudly, to ensure 1F (who is evidently Silver and with 1D) overhears)

1D then ignores me the whole flight which is perfectly fine. We land at Satelite B and 1D has to go and get his bags from above Row 3. This means we're off before him.

However, walking up the jetty I hear someone moaning, huffing, and grunting behind me as I wheel our bags and have a toddler sitting on my head.

My wife, pushing the other little one though, moves over - 1D opted not to say excuse me or thank you.

He took the empty lift of course, and made the first transit train - every other pax we saw took the escalators except those with kids...and en route back from Portugal there were a few of us!

However, when we eventually made it to immigration (I'd say a good 8 mins after 1D), our buggy meant we were taken to the front of the queue...and as luck would have it, 1D saw us being moved.

Again, I should have done nothing, but instead I waved in a manner that one specific FTer & TPG writer would appreciate. I then smiled at him too, while he no doubt huffed about being stuck in the tensa maze!

It's an airplane. It's a form of public transport. If you can't share a locker, fly privately!
top marks! ;-)
Old Jun 28, 2021, 2:23 pm

Programs: BA GGL & GfL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
am i the only one if ever stuck in row 2, do everything to avoid putting my stuff over row 1 because i know what its like to board and have the bin space above already rammed?

and by "everything to avoid" i mean i'm fine putting it in the most forward bits of row 3 and then thats it, i mean im not going to throw my back out reaching back more than half a row once we land.
gcuk, wrp96, Tobias-UK and 1 others like this.
Old Jun 28, 2021, 2:59 pm
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by chris1979
top marks! ;-)
I like to think I did your signature wave proud!

M
Old Jun 28, 2021, 6:42 pm

Programs: Mucci de Guardian des Celliers des Grands Crus 1e Classé, plus BAEC.
Originally Posted by VSLover
am i the only one if ever stuck in row 2, do everything to avoid putting my stuff over row 1 because i know what its like to board and have the bin space above already rammed?

and by "everything to avoid" i mean i'm fine putting it in the most forward bits of row 3 and then thats it, i mean im not going to throw my back out reaching back more than half a row once we land.
Row 1 often has rubbish storage anyway, after crew equipment etc there’s rarely room for much. I have reluctantly steeled myself to placing my bag above row 2! And having a jolly old discussion with row 2 pax if they mention something! 😁😁😁
VSLover likes this.
Old Jun 28, 2021, 7:10 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
Jesus, imagine being a crew member and having to police this?

No wonder the crew instagram accounts are what they are.
Old Jun 28, 2021, 11:20 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Only on FlyerTalk would you find such a delicious irony of a fake “lord” calling out the DYKWIA behaviour of a mere commoner!
Old Jun 29, 2021, 5:18 am

Programs: BA GGL & GfL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
i always appreciated that on the AA321 transcon 3-class planes they have large stickers that say "THIS STORAGE FOR FLAGSHIP FIRST ONLY" or "FLAGSHIP BUSINESS"

i wish there were some evidence, but anecdotally based on hundreds of flights on that plane, the bins over my business or first seat have always been near if not completely empty.

granted that economy on that plane is also relatively small...but i would think that part of the psychology puts off pax walking by thinking to stash theirs as if someone were watching.
Old Jun 29, 2021, 2:23 pm

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
Only on FlyerTalk would you find such a delicious irony of a fake “lord” calling out the DYKWIA behaviour of a mere commoner!
The Lord title was the funniest part of it I think. The whole story is excellent and parts read as something that could have been written by the Monty Python gang.
Old Jun 29, 2021, 2:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
An artful bit of title dropping, of a sort normally limited to academic titles or the occasional military rank. We are left wondering if our lofty friend is promoting himself as a shop-bought lord of the manor, or a fully fledged peer below the rank of duke. My money's on a lord spiritual

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.