Old May 19, 2021, 2:06 pm

Originally Posted by HWGeeks
Not really a DYKWIA but close

1863 yesterday NRSA boards
What does 1863 and NRSA mean?
Old May 19, 2021, 2:06 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
I think I need some decoding to enjoy this one! What's 1863, I presume a flight number? AA?

What's a NRSA?
1Aturnleft and wilsnunn like this.
Old May 19, 2021, 2:17 pm

Programs: Delta Plat
My mistake, I thought this was the Delta form just searched for DYKWIA.

1863 is a Delta flight number
NRSA is a non-rev flyer on a US flight

sorry I confused the forum.
Old May 19, 2021, 2:30 pm

Programs: BAEC
I think it was me the other day. I was waiting to board a shuttle from EDI-LHR and after people with children/mobility issues had boarded the first group was called.
I must admit to not really listening because I was in the 2nd last row (24) and behind a good dozen or so already heading up so joined the queue thinking I must be in the first load.
I was rebuffed sternly because my seat was row 24 and the GA had asked for rows 30-25. I don't think they had registered that the aircraft had been changed from an A320 to an A319 and rows 26-30 don't exist. I guess the lady thought I was at it.
I've no idea how those others were able to board when row 25 only has a few seats but I was sent sheepishly out the tensa barriers to the back of the line.
​​​​​​I'd wanted to board sharpish because I had a window seat and didn't want to squeeze by B and C in these times but that backfired so I ended up offering them the window to minimise fuss and took the aisle and had folk stood next to me most of the flight waiting to use the toilet.
That's what I get for not paying attention properly.
To my amusement my boarding pass said group one on it but that's presumably a Gold status thing that hasn't been updated.
EDIwanderer and TTmex like this.
Old May 20, 2021, 1:42 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, BA Gold, Bonvoy Ambassador, HH Gold
NRSA = Non-Revenue Space Available, I believe
VSLover likes this.
Old Jun 19, 2021, 10:30 am

Programs: BA Gold
Good one at IAD last evening: before entering the tensa barriers there was a BA agent checking the covid travel documents - for all classes of pax. Clearly, there was a bit of crowd with people getting their documents ready for inspection. From the back this guy starts pushing through the mass waving his lit-up mobile phone in the air shouting something along the lines of "I'm all set - I did it all on line" - thankfully the BA agent ignored him and kept checking those who were waiting.
ENTP likes this.

Last edited by CKBA; Jun 19, 2021 at 1:10 pm
Old Jun 22, 2021, 7:16 am

Programs: BA GGL, LH FTL
Guy on LIS-LHR today: Big LV bag with dangling gold card and an assortment of apple gadgets distributed around him. Mask worn, but only covering the mouth. Started a call with someone to confirm he'd be coming into the office in the afternoon as the plane was speeding down the runway. On approach to LHR the cabin crew asked him to put his MacBook away for landing. He insisted on holding it, and when told that this wasn't acceptable kicked off a rant about how this had never been a problem before in all his flights. Must have been a gold partner card...
Old Jun 22, 2021, 7:42 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, HH Diamond
Is he quarantining in his office I wonder
Old Jun 22, 2021, 1:53 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL, HHonors Diamond, IHG Uninspired, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, UK AMEX Plat
Originally Posted by ENTP
Is he quarantining in his office I wonder
Without meaning to out-DYKWIA you, they may be allowed to go to work anyway. I am! The list of jobs with full or partial exemptions from self-isolation on arrival from Amber list countries (and the associated restrictions) is listed at https://www.gov.uk/government/public...k-border-rules
ENTP likes this.
Old Jun 22, 2021, 2:21 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
Originally Posted by Gagravarr
Without meaning to out-DYKWIA you, they may be allowed to go to work anyway. I am! The list of jobs with full or partial exemptions from self-isolation on arrival from Amber list countries (and the associated restrictions) is listed at https://www.gov.uk/government/public...k-border-rules
So a postman is fine because he might deliver a letter from abroad, but a journalist working abroad isn't if they return to the UK.
efincomputer likes this.
Old Jun 22, 2021, 2:40 pm

"... and having been that kindly uncle etc it is nice when they get the surprise of travelling at the front."

Took my mom on a hard-earned vacation a few years back, CW out and First back. She really enjoyed it. She'd never flown even international business before. When we were in the Concorde Room having dinner on the way back, she looked at the menu and whispered to me, "...do we pay?"
Old Jun 28, 2021, 4:01 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Flew back from Portugal last week, and clearly certain passengers had forgotten how travel works!

Passenger in 1D - could you move your items out from my locker.
Me - Not really, no. There are items above my seat already.
1D - But the sticker says its my locker and I fly regularly enough to know where my things belong.

NOW AT THIS POINT I SHOULD HAVE JUST KEPT QUIET...but its me, so...

Me - Where does it state it is your locker?
1D - There.
Me - No, that's where your seat is.
1D - I fly more than you. I am a Gold card holder with British Airways
Me - Really?

AGAIN, I SHOULD HAVE KEPT QUIET...

Me - I'm GGL, CCR, an HVC, and Gold for Life. (At this point my wife s......ed and realised this was the best part of the trip).
1D - I'm going to ask the crew (one of whom happened to be one of the loveliest IFMs I've ever encountered)

Crew member - Lord msm2000uk (thank you BA App) is correct, but I can move your bags to above Row 3 if you would like?

1D pipes down momentarily.

Crew member comes back about 5mins later - Lord msm2000uk, I've never known such a young Silver cardholder (points at my toddler). Most of our passengers take many more years to achieve Silver (crewmember winks, speaking loudly, to ensure 1F (who is evidently Silver and with 1D) overhears)

1D then ignores me the whole flight which is perfectly fine. We land at Satelite B and 1D has to go and get his bags from above Row 3. This means we're off before him.

However, walking up the jetty I hear someone moaning, huffing, and grunting behind me as I wheel our bags and have a toddler sitting on my head.

My wife, pushing the other little one though, moves over - 1D opted not to say excuse me or thank you.

He took the empty lift of course, and made the first transit train - every other pax we saw took the escalators except those with kids...and en route back from Portugal there were a few of us!

However, when we eventually made it to immigration (I'd say a good 8 mins after 1D), our buggy meant we were taken to the front of the queue...and as luck would have it, 1D saw us being moved.

Again, I should have done nothing, but instead I waved in a manner that one specific FTer & TPG writer would appreciate. I then smiled at him too, while he no doubt huffed about being stuck in the tensa maze!

It's an airplane. It's a form of public transport. If you can't share a locker, fly privately!
Old Jun 28, 2021, 5:05 am

Programs: British Airways GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond & Marriott Gold
Whats HVC?
Old Jun 28, 2021, 5:08 am

Programs: Sir Ratechaser Seigneur de la Patience d'un Saint (Mucci), BA Silver, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by PGberkshire
Whats HVC?
Please, no... there is only so much ego this thread can take
IAN-UK, renila, NoY and 6 others like this.
Old Jun 28, 2021, 5:08 am

Programs: Mucci de Guardian des Celliers des Grands Crus 1e Classé, plus BAEC.
Originally Posted by msm2000uk
Flew back from Portugal last week, and clearly certain passengers had forgotten how travel works!

Passenger in 1D - could you move your items out from my locker.
Me - Not really, no. There are items above my seat already.
1D - But the sticker says its my locker and I fly regularly enough to know where my things belong.

NOW AT THIS POINT I SHOULD HAVE JUST KEPT QUIET...but its me, so...

Me - Where does it state it is your locker?
1D - There.
Me - No, that's where your seat is.
1D - I fly more than you. I am a Gold card holder with British Airways
Me - Really?

AGAIN, I SHOULD HAVE KEPT QUIET...

Me - I'm GGL, CCR, an HVC, and Gold for Life. (At this point my wife s......ed and realised this was the best part of the trip).
1D - I'm going to ask the crew (one of whom happened to be one of the loveliest IFMs I've ever encountered)

Crew member - Lord msm2000uk (thank you BA App) is correct, but I can move your bags to above Row 3 if you would like?

1D pipes down momentarily.

Crew member comes back about 5mins later - Lord msm2000uk, I've never known such a young Silver cardholder (points at my toddler). Most of our passengers take many more years to achieve Silver (crewmember winks, speaking loudly, to ensure 1F (who is evidently Silver and with 1D) overhears)

1D then ignores me the whole flight which is perfectly fine. We land at Satelite B and 1D has to go and get his bags from above Row 3. This means we're off before him.

However, walking up the jetty I hear someone moaning, huffing, and grunting behind me as I wheel our bags and have a toddler sitting on my head.

My wife, pushing the other little one though, moves over - 1D opted not to say excuse me or thank you.

He took the empty lift of course, and made the first transit train - every other pax we saw took the escalators except those with kids...and en route back from Portugal there were a few of us!

However, when we eventually made it to immigration (I'd say a good 8 mins after 1D), our buggy meant we were taken to the front of the queue...and as luck would have it, 1D saw us being moved.

Again, I should have done nothing, but instead I waved in a manner that one specific FTer & TPG writer would appreciate. I then smiled at him too, while he no doubt huffed about being stuck in the tensa maze!

It's an airplane. It's a form of public transport. If you can't share a locker, fly privately!
A top quality DYKWIA post!!

Complete with its own DYKWIA moments 😁😁😁

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.