Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Improvements to Gold Upgrade Voucher bookings

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Improvements to Gold Upgrade Voucher bookings

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2020, 12:03 pm

Originally Posted by pbd456
The earning is based on the paid class or new upgrade class? Only 4 sectors per PNR is straightly enforced if booked with ba direct?
Paid class. Not sure on the other, have had more than 4 but was a TA booking.
Old Feb 2, 2020, 1:39 pm

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
Originally Posted by flashware
Paid class. Not sure on the other, have had more than 4 but was a TA booking.
my parents booking was in I class and paid T class via propeller
Old Feb 3, 2020, 3:17 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
my parents booking was in I class and paid T class via propeller
It used to be the case that TA bookings with a GUF would regularly earn at the upgraded rate - this was very much a error in your favour and not an entitlement. However, since last year BA has started to correct TA bookings so you should expect to earn at the un-upgraded rate

Changes to Avios / TP credit for Gold Upgrades via travel agents
Old Feb 5, 2020, 3:22 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
The earning is based on the paid class or new upgrade class? Only 4 sectors per PNR is straightly enforced if booked with ba direct?
I've used GUF vouchers on flights with more than 4 sectors (for example on an OSL-LHR-SIN-SYD-PER return) but the flights only had 4 sectors eligible for upgrade (the long haul BA metal ones in that example). I've heard people say they've got more than 4 sectors upgraded on one voucher but I've never tried it.
Old Feb 5, 2020, 4:44 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
Originally Posted by Wozza2404
I've used GUF vouchers on flights with more than 4 sectors (for example on an OSL-LHR-SIN-SYD-PER return) but the flights only had 4 sectors eligible for upgrade (the long haul BA metal ones in that example). I've heard people say they've got more than 4 sectors upgraded on one voucher but I've never tried it.
The conditions of use on the website seem to say 6 sectors:

4. It’s possible to upgrade a maximum of 6 sectors per booking; Travel may not originate from or transit though the same city more than once in each direction.
Old Feb 17, 2020, 4:15 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL & CCR / QF LTG
Question HH account and Amex 2-4-1 for a different person

I've read conflicting advice on this, so asking for experience on the following scenario and the new rules from last year. Within the HH account a person is Gold and has an Amex 2-4-1 voucher. I am GGL and have a GUF2 (plus a Joker). Looking at LHR - XXX - LHR and there is I Class availability. There is no Avios availability in either P or U for the dates we want. The two of us want to travel, so I have the following questions:
  1. Is it as straightforward as using the GUF2 to open up I Class to use the Amex 2-4-1?
  2. Does it require a Joker to be used for the Amex 2-4-1 to open up P class. Then the GUF2 is applied to upgrade to I class?
  3. Is this even possible, although I cannot see anything in BA's T&Cs that contradict what we'd like to do?
Old Mar 5, 2020, 5:11 am

Programs: Meh
My voucher expires April 1st - most of my travel is Asia and I want to use the voucher for these. Do you think BA would extend my date given current situation?
Old Mar 5, 2020, 5:20 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by stevie
My voucher expires April 1st - most of my travel is Asia and I want to use the voucher for these. Do you think BA would extend my date given current situation?
Have you already extended it? If not they will extend it for you without any extenuating circumstances.
Old Mar 5, 2020, 5:42 am

Programs: Meh
Originally Posted by golfmad
Have you already extended it? If not they will extend it for you without any extenuating circumstances.
No I have not, that is good news thanks.
Old Mar 5, 2020, 6:27 am

No I have not, that is good news thanks.
At least one 6 month extension is readily available for GUFs on request. Also you don’t have to take any flights by the expiration date, just have used the voucher for a booking. The flights themselves can all be well beyond the expiration date. M
Markie likes this.
Old Mar 6, 2020, 2:14 pm

Programs: BAEC and Hilton mostly
Just to add a data point, I asked to extend a GUF2 expiring on 8 March on Tuesday - all done with no problems at all and the update shown on the account yesterday.
Old Mar 6, 2020, 7:36 pm

Programs: BA GGL; SK EBG; QF LTG; Hilton Diamond, A-Club Platinum, Marriott Platinum
In my experience asking for a GUF to be extended by 6 months is simple, and no questions on then using it for travel after expiry.

they did say that it needs to be within a month of expiry to be extended. I was trying to be a little too proactive.
KARFA likes this.
Old Mar 6, 2020, 7:46 pm

Yes just to emphasise, regardless of the current situation a GUF can be extended for six months on request. It seems that the best time to do this is within the two week period before the expiry date and you can do the extension by calling BAEC
Old Apr 19, 2020, 8:48 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by Jase76
I've read conflicting advice on this, so asking for experience on the following scenario and the new rules from last year. Within the HH account a person is Gold and has an Amex 2-4-1 voucher. I am GGL and have a GUF2 (plus a Joker). Looking at LHR - XXX - LHR and there is I Class availability. There is no Avios availability in either P or U for the dates we want. The two of us want to travel, so I have the following questions:
  1. Is it as straightforward as using the GUF2 to open up I Class to use the Amex 2-4-1?
  2. Does it require a Joker to be used for the Amex 2-4-1 to open up P class. Then the GUF2 is applied to upgrade to I class?
  3. Is this even possible, although I cannot see anything in BA's T&Cs that contradict what we'd like to do?
Jase76 Did you get clarity on this, i.e. did you have to use a Joker? From what I can see you would have needed to open up the underlying fare class first but if not I'd love to hear it.
Old Apr 19, 2020, 9:00 am

Originally Posted by Traveller 935
Jase76 Did you get clarity on this, i.e. did you have to use a Joker? From what I can see you would have needed to open up the underlying fare class first but if not I'd love to hear it.
Originally Posted by Jase76
I can help on this. If you want to book say LHR-JFK-LHR in club, and you have a 2-4-1 + GUF2, then you just need I class in club. No need to worry about reward availability in WTP or CW. You would pay the avios rate for WTP for one person, and the taxes/fees/charges for 2 people in club.

Once you throw in the GUF then you can take advantage of the relatively new provisions which allow booking of GUFs based on revenue selling classes, reward availability isn't needed.
Traveller 935 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.