Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Find me a good British Airways fare - ticket clinic [Beta / draft: BA FARES ONLY]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 29, 2019, 7:12 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: corporate-wage-slave
Welcome to the Find me a good BA fare ticket clinic.
This is essentially for BA / BA codeshares and partner only. If your booking is essentially on Qatar, Qantas, AA or anyone else, please go to those forums and pursue the matter there. These forums have good subject matter experts to hand.
- Please avoid very vague questions. Specific questions get specific answers. Give exact dates, start point, end point, what flexibility you have.
- As a courtesy to the other forum members, please at least read some of the advice in the posts above, and find one fare as a start point. It's a lot easier to provide constructive feedback that way.
Print Wikipost

Find me a good British Airways fare - ticket clinic [Beta / draft: BA FARES ONLY]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2019, 10:52 am

Where are you finding those prices?
Old Oct 1, 2019, 12:02 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Accor Live Limitless Gold, Hilton Honours Gold, Avis Preferred Plus
Originally Posted by Alun
Where are you finding those prices?
Saw them on Google Flights, I must admit that in my rush, I did not click all the way through to ensure that the price didn't change though.
Old Oct 1, 2019, 1:36 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Hi there,

I'm looking for a good deal (that could also maximise TP earning) to SE Asia. I can leave on or after the evening of Thursday 28th November, and I want to be in Bangkok by lunchtime on Saturday 30th. I need to be back in London by the morning of Monday 9th December, and generally I prefer an overnight flight back. Ideally, I'd like to route via Hong Kong for a few hours one way to catch up with a friend (and preferably before 23.00 when the airport shops close so I can buy a new phone tax-free!).

So far in J, I've found the QR deals out of ARN/OSL for around £1350/£1450, but once I add in positioning flights and hotels they aren't sufficiently cheaper than the £1900-ish fare on Finnair to make the extra TPs worth the extra connections.

I've found a great WT+ LHR-HKG fare for £800-ish on BA, but standalone HKG-BKK is pricey and I'm wary of the BKK-HKG flight not properly connecting with the HKG-LHR one.

I've also found WT+ LHR-HKG/BKK-LHR for around £1100 on BA, but that automatically puts me on the daytime BA flight back from BKK. It's not giving me any connecting options.

CX is giving me good flight times LON-HKG/HKG-BKK/BKK-HKG-LHR for around £1300 in PE, upgradeable for £500 each way to J.

Cost-wise, I'd like to be around £1100 or less for WT+, but could push a bit if J could be had for not much more.

Any thoughts appreciated!
Old Oct 1, 2019, 2:02 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Accor Live Limitless Gold, Hilton Honours Gold, Avis Preferred Plus
Originally Posted by The_Editor
Hi there,

I'm looking for a good deal (that could also maximise TP earning) to SE Asia. I can leave on or after the evening of Thursday 28th November, and I want to be in Bangkok by lunchtime on Saturday 30th. I need to be back in London by the morning of Monday 9th December, and generally I prefer an overnight flight back. Ideally, I'd like to route via Hong Kong for a few hours one way to catch up with a friend (and preferably before 23.00 when the airport shops close so I can buy a new phone tax-free!).

So far in J, I've found the QR deals out of ARN/OSL for around £1350/£1450, but once I add in positioning flights and hotels they aren't sufficiently cheaper than the £1900-ish fare on Finnair to make the extra TPs worth the extra connections.

I've found a great WT+ LHR-HKG fare for £800-ish on BA, but standalone HKG-BKK is pricey and I'm wary of the BKK-HKG flight not properly connecting with the HKG-LHR one.

I've also found WT+ LHR-HKG/BKK-LHR for around £1100 on BA, but that automatically puts me on the daytime BA flight back from BKK. It's not giving me any connecting options.

CX is giving me good flight times LON-HKG/HKG-BKK/BKK-HKG-LHR for around £1300 in PE, upgradeable for £500 each way to J.

Cost-wise, I'd like to be around £1100 or less for WT+, but could push a bit if J could be had for not much more.

Any thoughts appreciated!
If you were happy to adjust your timing parameters slightly; arrive in BKK on morning of 31 Nov then you can do MAD-HKG-BKK-HKG-MAD for £850 and gives 250 TPs (and has a 4hr layover in HKG on the way back to see your friend). https://flights.app.goo.gl/M8s72

If you wanted to do something a bit different for a little bit more ££ and more TPs, you could do:

Ticket A: https://flights.app.goo.gl/1R1N4
MAD-BKK, CGK-BCN
which is 315TPs for £874

Ticket B:
https://flights.app.goo.gl/YdG7G
BKK-CGK
which is 80TPs for £330 (or you could book in Y to save some costs but get fewer [or indeed 0] TPs)

But you still only get to BKK on Sunday lunchtime instead of Saturday.
The_Editor likes this.
Old Oct 1, 2019, 3:16 pm

Originally Posted by wilsnunn
Saw them on Google Flights, I must admit that in my rush, I did not click all the way through to ensure that the price didn't change though.
It does jump dramatically on clicking through unfortunately but booked a bit later in the month than I'd like from ARN with more manageable layover on DOH.
Old Oct 3, 2019, 6:32 am

GIG July 2020

I’m looking for a ticket to Rio to fly in Club around 27th July 2020 for one week.

the best I’ve found so far is around £2,000 from Milan. I’m open to start the flight in anywhere in Europe and can make multiple stops in USA etc. Would even be willing to fly to GRU for a good enough fare.

Is anyone aware of anything around at the moment?
Old Oct 4, 2019, 3:40 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Accor Plat, Pucci Fan Club
Looking for a J class fare to JNB on or around the 13th February 2020. From London but happy to start ex-EU.

Best I can find is the usual AMS-LHR-JNB but the price is around £1600, not the recent £1250 unfortunately. Still a good fare though.
Old Oct 5, 2019, 9:22 am

Originally Posted by xxxxx
I’m looking for a ticket to Rio to fly in Club around 27th July 2020 for one week.

the best I’ve found so far is around £2,000 from Milan. I’m open to start the flight in anywhere in Europe and can make multiple stops in USA etc. Would even be willing to fly to GRU for a good enough fare.

Is anyone aware of anything around at the moment?
Nothing drastically lower than what you have but note that LHR-GIG direct is only about £2250 so ex-EU might not be worth it once you include positioning and maybe a hotel. But:

GIG from ALG for £1700 (which has the added benefit of being able to drop the final LON-ALG leg because of the change of airport)
GIG from BRU (via MAD or LON) for £1800
GIG from CDG for £2000
GIG from DUS (via MAD) for £1900
GIG from FCO for £1900
GIG from FRA for £1990
GIG from HAM (via MAD) for £1940
GIG from HAM (via LON) for £1970
GIG from LIN for £1900
GIG from LIS (via MAD) for £1700
GIG from MRS (via MAD) for £1920
GIG from MRS (via LON) for £2000
GIG from MXP for £1900
GIG from NCE (via MAD) for £1920
GIG from RTM for £1990
GIG from TLS (via MAD) for £1920
GIG from TLS (via LON) for £1995
GIG from VCE for £1900
GIG from TXL (via MAD) for £1935
GIG from ZRH (via MAD) for £1985

GRU from LIS (via MAD and GIG) for £1630
GRU from OPO (via MAD and GIG) for £1800

Departing on 28th July:
GRU from HEL for £1810
GIG from NCE (via MAD) for £1710

The following are available for travel on 29th with a short layover in LON or on 28th but with an overnight in LON:
Spoiler

Old Oct 5, 2019, 9:38 am

Originally Posted by oxtailsoup
Looking for a J class fare to JNB on or around the 13th February 2020. From London but happy to start ex-EU.

Best I can find is the usual AMS-LHR-JNB but the price is around £1600, not the recent £1250 unfortunately. Still a good fare though.
Without knowing how long you want to stay there I found the following:

Cheaper:
ARN-JNB on QR for £1490
MAD-JNB on QR for £1510
SOF-JNB on QR for £1455
ZAG-JNB on QR for £1575

On BA:
TRN-JNB on BA (including change from LGW to LHR) for £1735
VCE-JNB on BA for £1710

Same or a bit more:
AMS-JNB on QR for £1590
FCO-JBN on QR for £1635
GOT-JNB on QR for £1645

There were a few other options around the £1500 mark but these were all on QR with the EU-DOH leg only earning 40TPs so I excluded them.
oxtailsoup and MM00LL2 like this.
Old Oct 11, 2019, 3:09 am

So can anyone advise what a typical price would have been, outside of a sale, for a return LHR to JNB, during peak summer holidays?
Roughly.

Thanks.
Old Oct 11, 2019, 4:09 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Accor Plat, Pucci Fan Club
Originally Posted by Aston100
So can anyone advise what a typical price would have been, outside of a sale, for a return LHR to JNB, during peak summer holidays?
Roughly.

Thanks.
Prices don’t tend to increase for UK school holidays on this route because the normal price is high enough anyway. £3000-3500.

A trick is to price the same flights starting from Amsterdam (AMS to LHR to JNB)... usually around £1500... sometimes as low as £1250.
Old Oct 11, 2019, 4:21 am

Originally Posted by oxtailsoup
Prices don’t tend to increase for UK school holidays on this route because the normal price is high enough anyway. £3000-3500.

A trick is to price the same flights starting from Amsterdam (AMS to LHR to JNB)... usually around £1500... sometimes as low as £1250.
Thank you.
Was looking for a benchmark to compare sale prices against.
I see the price is currently just over £1800 pp for the dates we've looked at. I understand this is of course a good price for direct flights, but I wanted to check just how good a price that is, and obviously need to factor the price of other airlines (obviously with a stop somewhere) with better business class products.

So if as you say the normal price for summer is over £3k pp, then I guess the current sale price is genuinely good.

Thanks.
Old Oct 13, 2019, 6:15 am

Hello

Im looking for business class to AKL 18/19th Jul - 11/12th August. I'm happy to start the journey in ARN/CPH/OSL. Any help appreciated.

Kind regards this Sunday.

Lisa
Old Oct 13, 2019, 6:29 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by TAT708
Hello

Im looking for business class to AKL 18/19th Jul - 11/12th August. I'm happy to start the journey in ARN/CPH/OSL. Any help appreciated.

Kind regards this Sunday.

Lisa
£3,700 on MH with some pretty bad timings out of London. Good product though.

£2,500 out of Oslo on BA.

£2,100 out of Stockholm but Singapore Airlines and nowhere close, price-wise. Or £2,600 out of London on China Airlines if you're happy to go Star Alliance.
Old Oct 13, 2019, 6:48 am

Hello

Thank you for quick replies. I'm trying to stay with Oneworld to get my TP's. Just thinking i may look at Qatar too.

Does anyone know about Jetabroad (Ticket broker as they are coming up reasonable with QR) ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.