Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Find me a good British Airways fare - ticket clinic [Beta / draft: BA FARES ONLY]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 29, 2019, 7:12 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: corporate-wage-slave
Welcome to the Find me a good BA fare ticket clinic.
This is essentially for BA / BA codeshares and partner only. If your booking is essentially on Qatar, Qantas, AA or anyone else, please go to those forums and pursue the matter there. These forums have good subject matter experts to hand.
- Please avoid very vague questions. Specific questions get specific answers. Give exact dates, start point, end point, what flexibility you have.
- As a courtesy to the other forum members, please at least read some of the advice in the posts above, and find one fare as a start point. It's a lot easier to provide constructive feedback that way.
Print Wikipost

Find me a good British Airways fare - ticket clinic [Beta / draft: BA FARES ONLY]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2019, 4:59 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Wozza2404
If you're not fixed on OneWorld then EY has CDG-AUH-NRT for £1500 in Feb.
As this is the "Find me a good British Airways fare" thread, I think it should be assumed that contributors are not only fixed on OneWorld but on British Airways.
Great_circle, wilsnunn and Nephoi like this.
Old Jul 23, 2019, 2:27 pm

LHR-DXB 14th/15th Nov- 18th/19th Nov

Found WTP for £660 and CW for £2100. WTP price seems good very, but if I wait for the next sale, am I fairly likely to see a better CW price than that? Can I book the WTP fare now, and then upgrade if a sale fare comes along? Have also found ex-AMS CW for €1650, but saving isn’t quite good enough for me to want the hassle and stress of that, how much cheaper could ex-AMS get?
Old Jul 23, 2019, 4:15 pm

Programs: Starbucks Gold
Is there another sale due soon?
Old Jul 23, 2019, 4:18 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by jock
Is there another sale due soon?
This is the thread for you:

When is the next BA sale?
Old Jul 25, 2019, 10:19 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR; TK Elite; ITA Executive; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
Hello guys,

was looking at a last minute flight to JFK leaving Sat 27th and back Monday 29th July.
Found an ex-DUB at EUR1,600 - is this the best I can get i.e. are there any other spacial fares available?
Old Jul 25, 2019, 11:08 am

Programs: AC Ennui 50K · BA Gold · EIL Carte Blanche
Originally Posted by 81romeo
Hello guys,

was looking at a last minute flight to JFK leaving Sat 27th and back Monday 29th July.
Found an ex-DUB at EUR1,600 - is this the best I can get i.e. are there any other spacial fares available?
ORK, on the same faring presumably. I can see ex-MXP for £300 more.

Circa £1400 in Club two days out, I'd grab it asap. It will go. Save all else, at least check if you can hold your itinerary - if eligible and not too close to the flight.

BA Holidays possibly excellent if you are yet to arrange accomodation. Otherwise, just add a hire car. You might just keep your costs at a reasonable altitude.
Old Jul 25, 2019, 11:14 am

Programs: AC Ennui 50K · BA Gold · EIL Carte Blanche
I forgot flight hold ceases to exist 21 days ahead. If you can, and if you would like it - book it.

BA177 at 1310 from LHR has 62A open on the upper deck of the 744...
Old Jul 26, 2019, 1:45 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR; TK Elite; ITA Executive; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by Boreas
ORK, on the same faring presumably. I can see ex-MXP for £300 more.

Circa £1400 in Club two days out, I'd grab it asap. It will go. Save all else, at least check if you can hold your itinerary - if eligible and not too close to the flight.

BA Holidays possibly excellent if you are yet to arrange accomodation. Otherwise, just add a hire car. You might just keep your costs at a reasonable altitude.
Thank you very much!

I booked the ex-Dublin and today...the fare is gone! You were absolutely right!
Old Jul 28, 2019, 4:50 am

Programs: BA Gold
Good morning all.

Looking to fly to New York and back towards the end of November/early December ideally in CW.

Am I right in thinking in the past that BA usually do an end of summer sale next month to cover this period?
Old Jul 31, 2019, 6:16 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
BA2 doubles the price

I'm looking for a week-long trip to NYC end of October, and would really like to fly the babybus both ways before it's enhanced away. I've found and ex-DUB for 2k EUR which works well for BA1, but if I force BA2 on the way back, the price jumps to over 4k. Are there any tips/tricks to this? Is BA2 usually very full on a Sunday evening? Otherwise I might just book via LHR on the way back and see if I can UuA to F, and cross fingers BA2 is still available next time I go stateside.

Is there any chance that prices would go down at the August Bank Holiday sale? (so many questions...)
Old Jul 31, 2019, 7:17 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by alex67500
I'm looking for a week-long trip to NYC end of October, and would really like to fly the babybus both ways....Is BA2 usually very full on a Sunday evening?...
My guess is there’s two demand factors here, end of school half term holiday and peak business demand, I doubt BA need to lower the price at all.
Old Jul 31, 2019, 8:14 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
Originally Posted by richardwft

My guess is there’s two demand factors here, end of school half term holiday and peak business demand, I doubt BA need to lower the price at all.
Ah yes, half term, I'd forgotten about that, what with not having kids and all. Thanks!

(Side question and off topic, is there a flag on ITA where I can say operated and marketed by BA? I've tried "O:BA", to avoid Aer Lingus in Y on the last leg to Dublin, but it puts me on an AA flight code then -- not that it matters much but it's easier if I get it all on BA in that case)
Old Jul 31, 2019, 8:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
Originally Posted by alex67500
Ah yes, half term, I'd forgotten about that, what with not having kids and all. Thanks!

(Side question and off topic, is there a flag on ITA where I can say operated and marketed by BA? I've tried "O:BA", to avoid Aer Lingus in Y on the last leg to Dublin, but it puts me on an AA flight code then -- not that it matters much but it's easier if I get it all on BA in that case)
Not familiar with the "O:" code, doesn´t "Alliance oneworld" work? Aer Lingus not repatriated in the OW family, only IAG
alex67500 likes this.
Old Jul 31, 2019, 8:28 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by onobond
Not familiar with the "O:" code, doesn´t "Alliance oneworld" work? Aer Lingus not repatriated in the OW family, only IAG
You put O:BA into the standard parameter and then add AIRLINES BA in the advanced code.
alex67500 likes this.
Old Jul 31, 2019, 1:09 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Accor Gold
Currently looking at Manila (or Cebu) in November for a few weeks.

Can see QR from ARN at a shade over 1400 quid, just want to make sure I'm not missing anything else and I've checked all the other usual Ex-EU suspects.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.