Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Find me a good British Airways fare - ticket clinic [Beta / draft: BA FARES ONLY]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 29, 2019, 7:12 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: corporate-wage-slave
Welcome to the Find me a good BA fare ticket clinic.
This is essentially for BA / BA codeshares and partner only. If your booking is essentially on Qatar, Qantas, AA or anyone else, please go to those forums and pursue the matter there. These forums have good subject matter experts to hand.
- Please avoid very vague questions. Specific questions get specific answers. Give exact dates, start point, end point, what flexibility you have.
- As a courtesy to the other forum members, please at least read some of the advice in the posts above, and find one fare as a start point. It's a lot easier to provide constructive feedback that way.
Print Wikipost

Find me a good British Airways fare - ticket clinic [Beta / draft: BA FARES ONLY]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2019, 12:04 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Accor Live Limitless Gold, Hilton Honours Gold, Avis Preferred Plus
Originally Posted by Nephoi
i'm looking for a good EX-EU, best would be ex Germany - deal to Hawaii for spring 2020. I dont care if Y or Y+ or C.
travel dates possible:
EITHER 4th - 20th april
OR 3rd - 19th April.
both includes a departure on the evening before if positioning is needed
2 pax
OW only if possible
Given the flexibility here of Y, W or J, do you have a budget in mind or any prices that you have found that you wish to improve upon?
Old Jul 15, 2019, 12:07 pm

Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by wilsnunn
Given the flexibility here of Y, W or J, do you have a budget in mind or any prices that you have found that you wish to improve upon?
i got a Y option in the 900+ EUR range out of ARN.
i got the actual CDG-LAX/SFO deal for 1.6k + a Y fare AA ticket to HNL.
i havent found anything useful in W.

regular J ticket ex ARN would be 2217. which isnt THAT bad at all (for ARN-LHR-JFK-LAX-HNL-LAX-JFK-LHR-ARN)
Old Jul 15, 2019, 12:24 pm

Programs: GGL/CCR
Wait for the next deal - 1.6k is fairly normal in J
Nephoi likes this.
Old Jul 16, 2019, 5:02 am

Programs: BAEC OW Gold/Emerald
Stick or twist?
Due to AA cancelling a flight, I have the option to cancel a BA holiday itinerary (Avis) for a full refund of £1081 travelling in WTP. Just did a quick search and I could go DUB-BWI in CW for £1880 which does NOT include the positioning flights from London or car hire in USA. Just wondered if anyone can find a better prices to get to BWI (preferred) or IAD, out on Oct 8 or 9 and return on Oct 17?
Old Jul 16, 2019, 8:06 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Accor Live Limitless Gold, Hilton Honours Gold, Avis Preferred Plus
Originally Posted by IntVic
Stick or twist?
Due to AA cancelling a flight, I have the option to cancel a BA holiday itinerary (Avis) for a full refund of £1081 travelling in WTP. Just did a quick search and I could go DUB-BWI in CW for £1880 which does NOT include the positioning flights from London or car hire in USA. Just wondered if anyone can find a better prices to get to BWI (preferred) or IAD, out on Oct 8 or 9 and return on Oct 17?
If you wanted to go all out, you can do ex-CAI to IAD for £1399 which would get you many more TPs!

Otherwise you can do MAN-BWI on either BA or AA for approx £1700.
Old Jul 16, 2019, 8:14 am

Programs: BAEC OW Gold/Emerald
Originally Posted by wilsnunn
If you wanted to go all out, you can do ex-CAI to IAD for £1399 which would get you many more TPs!

Otherwise you can do MAN-BWI on either BA or AA for approx £1700.
Thanks wilsnunn, I will look into this. Never thought of departing MAN
wilsnunn likes this.
Old Jul 17, 2019, 6:56 am

Programs: BA Exec Club, SPG, Golden Circle
Looking to go to Orlando, 12th to 25th November, looking for flights in Business.

Thanks in advance!
Old Jul 17, 2019, 7:11 am

Originally Posted by ScottAbbott
Looking to go to Orlando, 12th to 25th November, looking for flights in Business.

Thanks in advance!
ex-DUB on AA is £1950
Old Jul 17, 2019, 8:12 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis PC
Looking for New York over Valentine's weekend in February 2020. Ideally about £1.1k per person and optimised for TPs if possible (travel in J as a minimum).

Any advice as to how likely that fare would be, which ex-EU departure point etc.?

thanks!
Old Jul 17, 2019, 8:18 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Originally Posted by thomasd21
Looking for New York over Valentine's weekend in February 2020. Ideally about £1.1k per person and optimised for TPs if possible (travel in J as a minimum).

Any advice as to how likely that fare would be, which ex-EU departure point etc.?

thanks!
Have you found anything yourself so far? As per the Wiki, it's best to put at least one fare you might have found.

Always happy to help but it's good practice to see what you may have found yourself first so folks who have experience in this can try and better any prices you may have found whether that's ex INV, DUB, AMS, ARN as starting points perhaps?
Old Jul 17, 2019, 8:33 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis PC
Originally Posted by PETER01
Have you found anything yourself so far? As per the Wiki, it's best to put at least one fare you might have found.

Always happy to help but it's good practice to see what you may have found yourself first so folks who have experience in this can try and better any prices you may have found whether that's ex INV, DUB, AMS, ARN as starting points perhaps?
Fair challenge, I've managed to find this https://www.google.com/flights#flt=D...3*2.GBP.178513,

which is 440 TPs, but only as low as £1.7k.

Or this: https://www.google.com/flights#flt=I...0*2.GBP.145280

Struggled to find anything with a HEL added. ARN I couldn't get to work either.
INV was £5k+ and AMS didn't seem to work at all (probably my skills!)

Thanks!

Last edited by thomasd21; Jul 17, 2019 at 8:39 am
Old Jul 17, 2019, 8:38 am

Programs: BA GGL, IB, LH, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by thomasd21

thanks!
For that price, the currently available best deal is ex-ALG available on BA/AA/IB. The IB version is the most interesting from TP accumulation perspective, as it can be extended to 720 TPs by routing through LAX both ways.

these two threads should prove useful:
AA/BA/IB ALG-LAX rt Business $1500-1900
Algiers Airport Transit
Old Jul 17, 2019, 8:45 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Sounds more like a TP run your looking for then?

Ex-INV all BA from Wednesday 13th to the Monday 17th for 2 in J to New York is £2,666 (gaining 360 TP's)

Thursday or Friday to Sunday is far more expensive.
thomasd21 likes this.
Old Jul 18, 2019, 3:41 am

Cheap ex EU flights to HKG

Hi guys, I am about to book an Emirates flight from GLA to HKG due to how cheap it is @ £1900 return in J. I have posted in the CX forum to pick the brains of other forum members and the cheapest exEU flight that was found is OSL to HKG @ £1900. The only thing is that it is a bit awkward for me to fly from GLA - LHR - OSL then from OSL back to LHR and then HKG lol. Just wondering if you guys have any suggestions from GLA to HKG with a cheapish ex EU flight. I probably don't mind paying upto £2500 all in with 2 flight connections. If not, I will probably just book Emirates. Cheers!
Old Jul 18, 2019, 3:44 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
exGER was always a reasonable starting point for fares to HKG. May be worth looking at.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.