Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Find me a good British Airways fare - ticket clinic [Beta / draft: BA FARES ONLY]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 29, 2019, 7:12 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: corporate-wage-slave
Welcome to the Find me a good BA fare ticket clinic.
This is essentially for BA / BA codeshares and partner only. If your booking is essentially on Qatar, Qantas, AA or anyone else, please go to those forums and pursue the matter there. These forums have good subject matter experts to hand.
- Please avoid very vague questions. Specific questions get specific answers. Give exact dates, start point, end point, what flexibility you have.
- As a courtesy to the other forum members, please at least read some of the advice in the posts above, and find one fare as a start point. It's a lot easier to provide constructive feedback that way.
Print Wikipost

Find me a good British Airways fare - ticket clinic [Beta / draft: BA FARES ONLY]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2019, 12:07 pm

Programs: BAEC
Does anyone have any suggestions for cheap BA day trips around mid to late December?

Anhthing under £70pp return would be good
Old Aug 15, 2019, 2:39 pm

Programs: BA Gold
I need to head from the UK (happy to do ex-EU) to either SFO or SJC, no flexibility on departure date of 1st December but can return on any day week commencing 16th December. Done the usual suspects but can’t find anything decent yet. Happy with either CW or WTP.
Old Aug 16, 2019, 8:56 am

Programs: A3*G,BA Silver
Hello. Trying to find a good J fare between Europe and SSA for either 20th or 21st November and coming back on 28th November. Many thanks!
Old Aug 16, 2019, 9:19 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by ermis177
Hello. Trying to find a good J fare between Europe and SSA for either 20th or 21st November and coming back on 28th November. Many thanks!
SSA: Airport code or Sub-Saharan Africa or perhaps RSA or USA?
bmiStar likes this.
Old Aug 16, 2019, 9:42 am

Programs: A3*G,BA Silver
SSA = Airport code for Salvador, Brazil.
Old Aug 17, 2019, 1:04 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
I'm trying to find a RTW fare starting in SYD. I've managed to get a really good price on ITA Matrix but it's with Star Alliance. I would much prefer BA/OW so hoping that someone can take a look to see if I'm going wrong somewhere.

Here is the ITA screenshot:

If I force the OW alliance it pushes the cost above £7k. If I add an internal flights (GLA-LHR, YYZ-DFW or DFW-SFO) it puts it up to £11k. I don't know if there is a way to use stopovers to reduce this?

My frustration is that I know OW flies all of these routes direct. I may have just struck lucky and the Star Alliance option is a great fare.

Any suggestions would be really helpful. For ref, here is where I need to be:
  • SIN - 2-10 April 2020
  • UK (both LHR & GLA at some point between 11 April & 25 April
  • YYZ - late April/Early May
  • DFW - Mid May
  • SYD - end May
Old Aug 17, 2019, 2:24 am

Programs: BA Gold
Although I fly BA I notice that star alliance is often much cheaper
Old Aug 18, 2019, 1:19 am

Is there any way to get to go to the Caucasus (Tbilisi, Yerevan) on oneworld, or that can credit Avios to BA? At the moment I can only find routings with QR - which is an airline I tend to avoid if I can...
Old Aug 20, 2019, 3:34 am

Programs: BA GGL, IB, LH, IHG Gold
With flights between Russia and Georgia having been suspended for a long time now, only QR flies to TBS within oneworld.
S7 flies to EVN (and GYD), from where it is easy to reach Georgia. Although it does not fly to the UK, there is a codeshare agreement with BA.
Old Aug 20, 2019, 8:24 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, ITA Volare Executive
Is Air Baltic any good? Getting to Riga via Finnair.
Old Aug 20, 2019, 9:32 am

S7 do fly to DUB, albeit with not great timings
Old Aug 20, 2019, 11:00 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH SEN , A3*G & others less exciting that don't fit in my wallet
Am I missing anything obvious for South Africa in Business right after Xmas ( CPT ideally, JNB or anywhere else would do too ) .. ex AMS on BA seems pretty decent to BCN ... Qatar has some fares that are okay from not too exotic start points .. as always the hassle vs. saving tradeoff but anything fairly direct is very pricey .. busy time to a popular destination so not surprising I know .. just looking for inspiration if anyone else has any ideas for roughly 27/12 - 06/01 time frame that I'm missing
Old Aug 20, 2019, 1:34 pm

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
Originally Posted by EvilDoctorK
Am I missing anything obvious for South Africa in Business right after Xmas ( CPT ideally, JNB or anywhere else would do too ) .. ex AMS on BA seems pretty decent to BCN ... Qatar has some fares that are okay from not too exotic start points .. as always the hassle vs. saving tradeoff but anything fairly direct is very pricey .. busy time to a popular destination so not surprising I know .. just looking for inspiration if anyone else has any ideas for roughly 27/12 - 06/01 time frame that I'm missing
It's summer in the summer hemisphere, and around Xmas /nye, probably not. Do you have any prices to share?
Old Aug 21, 2019, 12:32 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH SEN , A3*G & others less exciting that don't fit in my wallet
Originally Posted by alex67500
It's summer in the summer hemisphere, and around Xmas /nye, probably not. Do you have any prices to share?
ex AMS on BA runs to just over 2000EUR to JNB ( Cape Town forget about it ) .. Qatar can be had for slightly less from other departure points but it's more hassle with longer positioning and poor flight times ( 2 medium length flights rather than one long one and bad layovers in Doha etc.)
Old Aug 21, 2019, 2:43 am

Originally Posted by ubiest
With flights between Russia and Georgia having been suspended for a long time now, only QR flies to TBS within oneworld.
S7 flies to EVN (and GYD), from where it is easy to reach Georgia. Although it does not fly to the UK, there is a codeshare agreement with BA.
Funnily enough I cannot seem to be able to find an ex-London fare on S7 to Yerevan or Baku. The other way round is doable, on S7’s website, but not the outbound. And the fact that BA has moved the “midday” flight to SVO has seriously elongated the transfer times.

Thanks for the tip though!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.