Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Find me a good British Airways fare - ticket clinic [Beta / draft: BA FARES ONLY]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 29, 2019, 7:12 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: corporate-wage-slave
Welcome to the Find me a good BA fare ticket clinic.
This is essentially for BA / BA codeshares and partner only. If your booking is essentially on Qatar, Qantas, AA or anyone else, please go to those forums and pursue the matter there. These forums have good subject matter experts to hand.
- Please avoid very vague questions. Specific questions get specific answers. Give exact dates, start point, end point, what flexibility you have.
- As a courtesy to the other forum members, please at least read some of the advice in the posts above, and find one fare as a start point. It's a lot easier to provide constructive feedback that way.
Print Wikipost

Find me a good British Airways fare - ticket clinic [Beta / draft: BA FARES ONLY]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2019, 8:47 am
PxC

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Gold, Caesars Diamond
For 10 months away, don’t you have plenty of time to wait for a decent (2k ish) sale with QR/CX?
mikeyfly likes this.
Old Oct 13, 2019, 9:15 am

Hi there, need to get to SE Asia - (BKK,Sin,HKG all fine) for Easter next year.

Ideally in J as I’m taking the family - happy to consider ex-eu.

any tips welcomed
Old Oct 13, 2019, 9:33 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
Originally Posted by lizban

any tips welcomed
Since this thread is about BA: ARN/OSL-SIN and FRA/AMS-HKG at this moment are around 1850 eur

Otherwise AY and QR have interesting prices to BKK and HKG from Scandinavia. AY out of BRU too.
Old Oct 13, 2019, 4:41 pm
PxC

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Gold, Caesars Diamond
Originally Posted by lizban

any tips welcomed
Wait for a decent QR sale and then use an OTA to book via LHR on the return and skip the final leg...
ie. ARN-DOH-BKK/BKK-DOH-LHR-ARN(+2days)

ARN-HKG was recently £1k I think?

EDIT Forgot this is meant to be for BA, so mods apologies and feel free to delete. But QR >>> BA for these routes...
Old Oct 20, 2019, 3:57 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Accor Live Limitless Gold, Hilton Honours Gold, Avis Preferred Plus
Originally Posted by wilsnunn
Mrs wilsnunn's family have decided to have a big family gathering in Bali in December this year. Whilst I am sure it will be great fun, getting there from the UK looks like it will not be an easy feat (the majority of her family are based in SE Asia so it is very easy for them)!

Dates are currently unknown as Mrs wilsnunn's work is very inflexible and we will not know until much closer to the time when we can travel.

Does anybody have any advice about how to get to DPS or anywhere nearby and then I can use Avios on MH or use LCCs to get to DPS from wherever we arrive.

We would like to spend less than £1000 each and to travel in as high a class as possible!

Obviously QR would probably be an option in Y but that is not particularly exciting and I am sure with the collective wisdom here there must be a better option, and would like to travel as much as possible on BA instead!

I did happen to find this fare: https://www.google.co.uk/flights#flt...90*2.GBP.86490 but it isn't showing on ITA Matrix (so I assume it is something to do with dual inventory fares) and therefore I have no idea if it is going to be around for very long.

That fare would get me 380TPs which would get me within reaching distance of gold.
Now that dates are finalised, it would be great if I could have some assistance from anybody here. We are now looking to depart from UK on 19/20/21/22 December and return on 4/5/6 January. Still looking for sub £1000 if possible but that looks to be difficult even in Y. Still happy to travel from anywhere within Europe if we can get there on Avios but redemptions are looking rather scarse and cost of positioning flights (without using Avios) is rising quickly.

Another option is that we have an Amex 2-4-1 and I would be willing to spend up to 200,000 Avios if this method would be economicaly sensible.

If I can get 340TPs then all the better, that would bring me to Gold!

The fare that I found in the previous post is long since gone, but there are a few similar available on Kayak/Skyscanner but for £1100 ish and on slightly different dates. The best that I can see is MAD-HKG-CGK return in PE on CX for about £850 on Kayak.
Old Oct 20, 2019, 5:33 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Nandos
Hi there

I am looking for a cost effective way to get to New Delhi around 17 Feb 2020, returning 10 days later or so. Any advice appreciated, open to all.
Old Oct 20, 2019, 9:38 pm

Originally Posted by TPRun
Hi there

I am looking for a cost effective way to get to New Delhi around 17 Feb 2020, returning 10 days later or so. Any advice appreciated, open to all.
It's a heavy route for business travel but booking in advance can often provide some decent fares. WTP return is good otherwise WTP out and then CW or F on the return prices up well. Budget? Desired cabin?
Old Oct 21, 2019, 6:39 am

Programs: OWE(BA Gold), *G (TAP), Skyteam Elite+(ITA)
Hi everyone,
I haven't been paying attention as much as I used to and find myself 280 tier points away from gold this year.

I have the following options for flying on a mileage run and hoping you may be able to advise.

November 16th from NYC area airports
November 22-24 from London UK airports
December 21-23 from Bangkok

Any advice would be great.
Old Oct 23, 2019, 3:06 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Nandos
Originally Posted by flashware
It's a heavy route for business travel but booking in advance can often provide some decent fares. WTP return is good otherwise WTP out and then CW or F on the return prices up well. Budget? Desired cabin?
Thanks! I'm happy with Economy (!!) but for anything better, I'd stick under £2k pp returned.
Prefer to fly LHR, and happy to stop once.

I'm seeing £575 with Qatar which doesn't seem too bad (does a BA gold have any lounge access in T4?)

Thanks in advance!
Old Oct 23, 2019, 6:20 am

Programs: BA Silver (temp demotion), *A Silver, HH Gold, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by interleukin
Hi everyone,
I haven't been paying attention as much as I used to and find myself 280 tier points away from gold this year.

I have the following options for flying on a mileage run and hoping you may be able to advise.

November 16th from NYC area airports
November 22-24 from London UK airports
December 21-23 from Bangkok

Any advice would be great.
Ex London you could nest 2 HEL trips for £700 (and 320 TPs) with 2 back to backs so not for the faint-hearted. But also no extra hotel nights.

TRIP 1 LHR HEL Fri 22nd Nov 07.55 (£335)

Trip 2 HEL - LHR Fri 22nd 13.50 (£362)
Trip 2 LHR - HEL Sun 24th 07.55

TRIP 1 HEL LHR Sun 24th Nov13.50 arr 1505.

Other combos are possible, of course
Old Oct 23, 2019, 11:45 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club; Eurobonus
This is from another thread. I'm reasonably new to this sort of thing — I feel like I know some basics but not much more.

We're travelling next August from London to Johannesburg, and back from Victoria Falls. There's two of us. We would like to go Business. Out to JNB on 4th on the later departure from London, back from VFA on 19th on the later arrival into London, are my preferences (the dates are pretty firm but the departures can be shifted if it's required to produces a better deal). I'd previously seen AMS-JNB, VFA-LHR as a decent deal, for about £3500 or thereabouts, via ITA Matrix and Google Flights, and the plan was to make a day of it, a small trip to Amsterdam going out on the evening of the 3rd with the feeder paid for by Avios. However, the outbound fare, INCEU60, has increased in price I think. The fare on the way back was always INNT00Y7; now it's showing as using that fare in both directions. Now the prices on Google Flights are showing as nearly £4000. However on the BA website I can get the same itinerary for €4330.14, which is £3736 right now, so substantially cheaper. I'm not quite sure why this would be (as I said, I'm new to this!).

I believe INNT00Y7 is a fare from the current London sale — is that correct? My question is if it's worth waiting to see if an ex-EU sale comes about (as my friend has suggested, given August is still quite far away), or if I should buy it for the £3736 price while I have the chance. Or if there are any alternatives I've missed.
Old Oct 23, 2019, 12:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
I can't fully debug this at the moment, but there are two things you need to be aware of.

First, ITA quotes include the GDS fee. That's £10.50 per fare component if pricing in GBP, or €12.50 per fare component if pricing in EUR. For a price that combines AMS-LON-AMS fares with LON-JNB-LON fares (etc), four fare components are involved - so ITA's quote will be £42.00 or €50.00 higher than BA's for this reason alone. (See the wikipost at the head of BA (and IB) to impose GDS booking fee from 01 Nov 2017.)

Second, a very quick look on ITA suggests that the cheap itineraries that do combine those fares are only available on those dates if you do AMS-LGW-AMS and change airports for the long-haul flights. Flying AMS-LHR-AMS requires different (and higher) fares. So if you are not strictly comparing like with like on every single flight, that may explain you are getting different prices from ITA and BA.
Old Oct 24, 2019, 8:46 am

Definitely comparing like-with-like on an AMS-LHR flight. BA433+BA57 on outbound, BA6282+BA54 on the return. Going into LHR, and the total cost for two people is coming out as €4330.90; compared to €4646.14 on ITA Matrix. Not complaining but I'd love to know where that figure comes from!
Old Oct 24, 2019, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by Muzer
Definitely comparing like-with-like on an AMS-LHR flight. BA433+BA57 on outbound, BA6282+BA54 on the return. Going into LHR, and the total cost for two people is coming out as €4330.90; compared to €4646.14 on ITA Matrix. Not complaining but I'd love to know where that figure comes from!
It's worth comparing the base fares.
Old Oct 24, 2019, 11:47 am

Originally Posted by Globaliser
It's worth comparing the base fares.
€1622 on the BA website, €1780.04 on ITA Matrix. Not sure if you can drill down into any more detail on the BA site?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.