Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Find me a good British Airways fare - ticket clinic [Beta / draft: BA FARES ONLY]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 29, 2019, 7:12 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: corporate-wage-slave
Welcome to the Find me a good BA fare ticket clinic.
This is essentially for BA / BA codeshares and partner only. If your booking is essentially on Qatar, Qantas, AA or anyone else, please go to those forums and pursue the matter there. These forums have good subject matter experts to hand.
- Please avoid very vague questions. Specific questions get specific answers. Give exact dates, start point, end point, what flexibility you have.
- As a courtesy to the other forum members, please at least read some of the advice in the posts above, and find one fare as a start point. It's a lot easier to provide constructive feedback that way.
Print Wikipost

Find me a good British Airways fare - ticket clinic [Beta / draft: BA FARES ONLY]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2020, 5:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by alex67500
What have you found so far? Google Flights might your best port of call to start looking, you can filter on oneworld.

Try origins such as OSL and ARN, which are the usual suspects for down under. Also, if you don't mind an extra hop, try arriving in Australia and then maybe finish with a separate hop to NZ with a couple of days in SYD, MEL or PER.
Not in the search zone for Google Flights yet... too far off
Old Jan 22, 2020, 5:56 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
Originally Posted by mikeyfly
Not in the search zone for Google Flights yet... too far off
Ah yes, same with Matrix, I forgot they were capped at 330 day searches.

TAT708 sorry you may have to wait a bit...
Old Jan 22, 2020, 6:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by alex67500
Ah yes, same with Matrix, I forgot they were capped at 330 day searches.
It's possible to get prices for TAT708's dates using ITA, using the round-trip search's option to search for a whole month starting on a specified date.
alex67500 likes this.
Old Jan 22, 2020, 9:46 am

Ive looked at ARN/CPH/OSL and they are roughly £2800 I'm guessing this is a good price. BA is looking a lot more expensive.

Just confused!

Easily today :-)
Old Jan 22, 2020, 6:20 pm

Programs: BA Blue, SPG Silver
This is probably a basic question to some of you more frequent fliers here but - I was just wondering if I skip the last leg of a flight - that would be fine right?

There are some good economy fares I found EX-EU to the East Coast of the US - if I skipped the last leg to Europe from LHR after arriving from the US - I would be OK, right?
Old Jan 23, 2020, 1:14 am

Originally Posted by Hawker_Hunter
This is probably a basic question to some of you more frequent fliers here but - I was just wondering if I skip the last leg of a flight - that would be fine right?

There are some good economy fares I found EX-EU to the East Coast of the US - if I skipped the last leg to Europe from LHR after arriving from the US - I would be OK, right?
Assuming you have no checked luggage or you have an airport change, in theory yes but don't make a habit of it. If booking through a TA I'd avoid as they may get hit up with a reprice.
Old Jan 25, 2020, 7:08 am

Programs: BA Executive Club, UA Mileage Plus, bmi Diamond Club
Hi all,

I'm in the process of vaguely planning a trip to Bermuda. Have to be there for 25th October and return after 31st October but have a couple of days flexibility either side (so could do 22nd to the 1st or 23rd-2nd for example).

I've found the direct BA flight is c. £750 in Y.

Other prices I've found (all in Y):
£522 from AMS with AA
£556 from MAD with AA

Annoyingly I've found £453 from BRU but with Air Canada and I don't have any Star Alliance points or status any more so trying to stick to One World.

Any tips for how to do better? Maybe a return to the US adding the Bermuda leg on separately?

We do have a 2 for 1 available and plenty of Avios so we may go down that route, but I wanted to explore the cash options first.

Any help would be appreciated!
Old Jan 25, 2020, 7:37 am
WLX

Originally Posted by saint_em
Hi all,

I'm in the process of vaguely planning a trip to Bermuda. Have to be there for 25th October and return after 31st October but have a couple of days flexibility either side (so could do 22nd to the 1st or 23rd-2nd for example).

I've found the direct BA flight is c. £750 in Y.

Other prices I've found (all in Y):
£522 from AMS with AA
£556 from MAD with AA

Annoyingly I've found £453 from BRU but with Air Canada and I don't have any Star Alliance points or status any more so trying to stick to One World.

Any tips for how to do better? Maybe a return to the US adding the Bermuda leg on separately?

We do have a 2 for 1 available and plenty of Avios so we may go down that route, but I wanted to explore the cash options first.

Any help would be appreciated!
You may or may not think this is worth it. £585 each.

Old Jan 25, 2020, 9:54 am

Programs: BA Executive Club, UA Mileage Plus, bmi Diamond Club
Originally Posted by WLX
You may or may not think this is worth it. £585 each.

Ta! That's essentially the price of the ex-EU but including the positioning flights! We're both BA silver so can get MCE on AA too, which makes flying with them much more appealing in Y!
WLX likes this.
Old Jan 28, 2020, 6:44 pm

Do the rock-bottom BE fares (i.e. ~USD400 ORD-LHR return) ever disappear and reappear? I had looked at this itinerary for travel dates of May 20 to June 4 last month and found the lowest fares, but was dismayed to discover fares were up to ~600 as of earlier this week.
Old Feb 2, 2020, 11:52 am

Hi

I’m looking for the cheapest way to get a family of 4 to west coast USA for two weeks in July. Ex-EU is an option from somewhere not to far DUB/AMS/CDG etc. Happy to part as a BA holiday with hotel and/or car.

Many thanks.
Old Feb 3, 2020, 9:01 am

Originally Posted by Newly Wed
Hi

I’m looking for the cheapest way to get a family of 4 to west coast USA for two weeks in July. Ex-EU is an option from somewhere not to far DUB/AMS/CDG etc. Happy to part as a BA holiday with hotel and/or car.

Many thanks.
I was too impatient to wait for a reply. I feel I got a decent deal with J flights to Portland, one night in a 5* hotel in Portland, 3 nights in a 5* hotel in San Francisco plus 14 days car rental for £8,400. We are doing a short hop from Portland straight into Sonoma (Santa Rosa) airport on Alaska returning from John Wayne in Orange County, avoiding LAX and SFO which will hopefully make it relatively easy to return the rental car etc. Kiddos will hopefully do their GE on arrival interview in Portland just before their 12 months expires (they were not approved in time for last Summer's Hawaii trip). Fancy hotels in Napa and Newport Beach plus a couple of fun looking places in Yosemite and Carmel should make it a fun trip with something for all the family.
Old Feb 6, 2020, 3:44 am

Programs: BAEC, AMEX,
Hi there,
I wondered if I could ask for assistance. I'm trying to get to Orlando mid August and I'm looking for J fares exEU to MIA or TPA (I'm forgetting about MCO as I know it will be difficult if not impossible, school holidays etc). Departure date around 11 August but I can be flexible. Return 30 August but again can be flexible. I have tried to usual suspects DUB, OSL, ARN etc and I'm getting fares ranging from £1300 - £1450. Do you think I can do better? Previously (2016) I managed c£900 pp with BA from DUB but I know that's not going to happen with exchange rates etc. Any thoughts/advice gratefully received.
Old Feb 6, 2020, 4:14 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
From recent experience the absolute best I've seen was ex-DUB for about 1200. I doubt you'll improve much.
Old Feb 9, 2020, 5:27 am

Anyone know of any decent WT+ prices for early May? I’m based in DUB but happy to start journey in London & position myself. Ideally looking at a flight under 8hrs so east coast USA, Middle East etc. And ideally there’d be avios seats so I can upgrade to Club

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.