Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Find me a good British Airways fare - ticket clinic [Beta / draft: BA FARES ONLY]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 29, 2019, 7:12 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: corporate-wage-slave
Welcome to the Find me a good BA fare ticket clinic.
This is essentially for BA / BA codeshares and partner only. If your booking is essentially on Qatar, Qantas, AA or anyone else, please go to those forums and pursue the matter there. These forums have good subject matter experts to hand.
- Please avoid very vague questions. Specific questions get specific answers. Give exact dates, start point, end point, what flexibility you have.
- As a courtesy to the other forum members, please at least read some of the advice in the posts above, and find one fare as a start point. It's a lot easier to provide constructive feedback that way.
Print Wikipost

Find me a good British Airways fare - ticket clinic [Beta / draft: BA FARES ONLY]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2019, 10:20 am

Programs: BA GGL, IB, LH, IHG Gold
A quick search on Matrix turned this combination up on some random dates. No SVO-DME transfer, nor visa required, although one could prove useful to take advantage of those long layovers - enough time to get a drink or a bite at a nice restaurant in the city.
Old Aug 22, 2019, 1:18 am

Programs: BAEC OW Gold/Emerald
Pull the trigger or wait and hope for something cheaper?
Dates are not flexible, and ticket is for OH and she will only do ex-LHR.
JUL 02: LHR- IND (via ORD flights BA1542, BA4849)
JUL 12: BNA- LHR (via DFW flights BA1876 , BA192)
£1773 (flights only in CW) or £1908 as a holiday booking (1 night hotel at BNA)
Old Aug 22, 2019, 1:41 am

Originally Posted by IntVic
Pull the trigger or wait and hope for something cheaper?
Dates are not flexible, and ticket is for OH and she will only do ex-LHR.
JUL 02: LHR- IND (via ORD flights BA1542, BA4849)
JUL 12: BNA- LHR (via DFW flights BA1876 , BA192)
£1773 (flights only in CW) or £1908 as a holiday booking (1 night hotel at BNA)
Looks decent for one passenger and ex-LHR, I'd book it.
Old Aug 22, 2019, 2:46 am

Originally Posted by flashware
What dates?
Old Aug 22, 2019, 3:48 am

Originally Posted by andymcdonnell

What dates?
Jul 02 out and Jul 12 return
Old Aug 22, 2019, 4:14 am

Programs: BAEC Silver (lapsed HNL Gold), Avis Preferred, IHG Diamond Amb, Hilton Plat, Marriot Plat
I've been tracking fares to Japan for next May and have settled on ex-Germany via LHR, using our preferred BA 787 service to NRT, in J. Got it coming in near enough £2k per head.

I know Tokyo is unlikely to be discounted, even if a sale goes live tomorrow, but does anyone expect this to improve any further? 2 of us travelling, leaving Germany last flight on Thurs 7th May for the NRT leg on the 8th, returning 25th May with a reasonable chance of not quite making a connection from LCY to DUS/FRA/MUC.
Old Aug 22, 2019, 4:38 am

Originally Posted by flashware
I pulled the trigger and booked it as a holiday booking.
EDIwanderer likes this.
Old Aug 28, 2019, 11:17 am
PxC

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Gold, Caesars Diamond
Is there anything right now in WT+ or J to Asia? Preference is MNL out, BKK back (obviously BA doesn't fly to MNL so anywhere nearish). This forum has helped me so much, figured its a good idea to see if anyones wisdom can find anything around the £1200 mark on BA (or OW) before I end up on Thai or EY.
Looking to go any time in October, until mid feb. Ex EU is possible. I have a bunch of Avios to upgrade a WT+ fare.

How I miss that £1200 AMS-BKK via HKG fare (could of just done a weeks stopover in HKG for MNL and then carried on to BKK.

So far I've found £1100 on EY J from ARN. (and returning to LHR skipping the last leg) but OWE would be preferred. Although QR is tempting at £1450, Given the positioning to ARN, direct with Thai from London for £550 in Y for 11 hours (and saving £1k for what could just be a day flight) and just getting it over and done with is tempting
Old Aug 29, 2019, 6:34 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Hi All,

Looking to goto the Vietnamese GP in April 2020 in J

I'm willing to fly from any european airport to any airport in the region BKK, KUL, SIN, HKG then get a flight from their to Hanoi separately. I need to be in Hanoi on 2nd April and want to leave on 6th April.

As a result I'd like to arrive in the region by the 1st April and fly back on the 7th April to give me some protections around the non-connected XXX-HAN-XXX

The best I've found so far is ARN-LHR-SIN//SIN-LHR-ARN for £1,651

Hope this makes sense and any suggestions would be great.

Thanks you in advance.
Old Aug 30, 2019, 9:32 am
Suspended

Hello all, I’m fairly new to flying due to commitments previously which kept me closer to home. I’m BA Bronze.

I see there is a BA sale at the moment, and saw some direct economy fares to Buenos Aires for £500. I
don’t mind much where I travel, but would rather somewhere less expensive/ more of an adventure.

I can travel for up to 12 days, between 8-22 April, due to work commitments.

Can anyone recommend some
flights that are good deals?
Old Aug 30, 2019, 1:15 pm

Programs: KLM, BA Silver, Etihad
Looking for four tickets to Istanbul out 29th May back 31st.

Currently LHR-FRA-IST-FRA-LHR at £1337

Looking for insight into whether there are season trends in pricing meaning the earlier isn't always the better?

However to add to the calculation this is the weekend of the Champions League (football) Final.
Old Sep 1, 2019, 8:37 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by watsonville
Hello all, I’m fairly new to flying due to commitments previously which kept me closer to home. I’m BA Bronze.

I see there is a BA sale at the moment, and saw some direct economy fares to Buenos Aires for £500. I
don’t mind much where I travel, but would rather somewhere less expensive/ more of an adventure.

If you can still get direct for £500 that's a great price. I was paying that 20 years ago.
TTmex likes this.
Old Sep 1, 2019, 8:42 am

Programs: BAEC Gold / Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by watsonville

​​​​​​ Id take that. Argentina is cheap due to devalued peso. Head over to Mendoza for mountains, vinyards and steak. Lots of outdoor stuff over there. Sure @HIDDY can offer much more detailed advice
Old Sep 1, 2019, 9:52 am

Programs: KLM Plat for Life , BA Gold, HH Silver, (Other half Diamond), IHG Gold
November 16/23 2019 LHR MLE £1650 on Sri lankan in C

I would have rather gone with Qatar ex Europe for the extra TP, has anyone seen anything recently?

Thanks
Old Sep 2, 2019, 10:47 am

Programs: BA Gold

Looking to book this but wondered if I'd be able to do the LHR>JFK and JFK>LHR segments in WTP+ with BA? I assume this is a case of phoning up BA and asking the question?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.