Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ask the staffer

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2022, 8:32 am

AA0123 DFW HNL has had a time change from 8:30 to 9:50. Was informed last Sunday by BAH my flight BA1972 i.e. operated by AA, AA0123 has now been cancelled. The new AA0123 flight is bookable on BA, no sign of the BA codeshare. I want to keep the BA codeshare to qualify for double tier points.

How long does it take on average for the BA codeshare to appear?
Old Nov 24, 2022, 9:33 am

Programs: BA GGL / GfL
Originally Posted by AmaaiZeg
AA0123 DFW HNL has had a time change from 8:30 to 9:50. Was informed last Sunday by BAH my flight BA1972 i.e. operated by AA, AA0123 has now been cancelled. The new AA0123 flight is bookable on BA, no sign of the BA codeshare. I want to keep the BA codeshare to qualify for double tier points.

How long does it take on average for the BA codeshare to appear?
Usually takes a week or two for BA systems to catch up and apply a BA flight number to the AA prime. If nothing by first weekend of December, give BAH a call.

Pilot37
Old Nov 24, 2022, 10:09 am

Thank you very much Pilot37!
Pilot37 likes this.
Old Nov 25, 2022, 1:52 pm

Do BA employees on FT have access to our personal details?
Old Nov 25, 2022, 2:03 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Gallus1
Do BA employees on FT have access to our personal details?
No. FT internally is careful and mindful about personal details, plus the laws of California and Europe provide a legal framework around this.
Old Nov 25, 2022, 3:21 pm

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
No. FT internally is careful and mindful about personal details, plus the laws of California and Europe provide a legal framework around this.
The new Comarch loyalty system does contain various fields into which social media and forum handles are designed to be entered, though I am reliably informed that BA/AGL have chosen not to use these yet.

Outside of this I’d be amazed if some of the big FT users weren’t known to BA staff in head office departments… but then some posters could very easily be identified from what they post and therefore clearly don’t mind, while others take care to prevent that possibility and would likely be aggrieved if they were tracked.
Old Nov 25, 2022, 7:18 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott GFL
Never mind.

Last edited by LCSinTexas; Nov 25, 2022 at 10:21 pm
Old Nov 28, 2022, 9:06 am
BOH

Programs: IC Hotels Spire, BA Gold
Originally Posted by Confus
The new Comarch loyalty system does contain various fields into which social media and forum handles are designed to be entered, though I am reliably informed that BA/AGL have chosen not to use these yet.

Outside of this I’d be amazed if some of the big FT users weren’t known to BA staff in head office departments… but then some posters could very easily be identified from what they post and therefore clearly don’t mind, while others take care to prevent that possibility and would likely be aggrieved if they were tracked.
What do people think BA would do if they were able to associate an FT user name with a pax EC number?
Old Nov 28, 2022, 10:10 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by BOH
What do people think BA would do if they were able to associate an FT user name with a pax EC number?
They could alert the lounges when they knew "certain people" were coming through
Old Nov 28, 2022, 12:34 pm
BOH

Originally Posted by golfmad
They could alert the lounges when they knew "certain people" were coming through
Very good!!
golfmad and bzado like this.
Old Nov 28, 2022, 12:45 pm
BOH

This is more out of curiosity. Was idly looking out if a window at LCY this afternoon at a deserted apron and noticed the aircraft type markings on the tarmac showed the nosewheel parking position for an A319 and A320 type. But the A319 and A320 are not certified for LCY and not ever likely to be - my understanding is they just cannot operate with any sort of decent payload or range so no airline would even try and get them certified.

So wondering why the apron for each gate has them marked out?
Old Nov 28, 2022, 10:43 pm

Originally Posted by BOH
This is more out of curiosity. Was idly looking out if a window at LCY this afternoon at a deserted apron and noticed the aircraft type markings on the tarmac showed the nosewheel parking position for an A319 and A320 type. But the A319 and A320 are not certified for LCY and not ever likely to be - my understanding is they just cannot operate with any sort of decent payload or range so no airline would even try and get them certified.

Just sheer incompetance.
BA or bust and Sigwx like this.
Old Nov 29, 2022, 2:46 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze, Mucci recipient
Originally Posted by BOH

Wasn't the BA babybus BA1 flight from LCY to JFK that stopped en-route in Shannon an A319?
BA or bust likes this.
Old Nov 29, 2022, 2:48 am

Programs: BA GGL / GfL
Originally Posted by AJA_
Wasn't the BA babybus BA1 flight from LCY to JFK that landed in Shannon an A319?
A318

Pilot37
BA or bust and AJA_ like this.
Old Nov 29, 2022, 2:49 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze, Mucci recipient
Thanks! My mistake.
Pilot37 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.