Wiki Posts
Search

Ask the staffer

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2022, 9:49 pm

Location: Naas at the weekend and FRA during the working week
Programs: EI Aer Club Concierge , BAEC Silver, Tesco clubcard
Which lounge for transit?

Hi there. I am arriving into T5 travelling First and connecting to Club Europe also out of T5 after a 4 hour gap. Can you tell me which lounge I can use on arrival? Many thanks.
Old Dec 11, 2022, 9:58 pm

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
If arriving in F you can access the Concord Room lounge.
Old Dec 11, 2022, 10:03 pm

Location: Naas at the weekend and FRA during the working week
Programs: EI Aer Club Concierge , BAEC Silver, Tesco clubcard
Originally Posted by Lefly
If arriving in F you can access the Concord Room lounge.
Thank You
Old Dec 11, 2022, 10:14 pm

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
PS
I'm not a staffer... I think I replied before really reading the title.
Old Dec 13, 2022, 4:45 am

Programs: BA Blue
Morning all!

A mate of mine is travelling back to Cape Town tonight to see his father after having had a big op. If I find out which of the two flights he's on, might it be possible to have him given a can of Tiger saying it's from me, to help cheer him up a bit?

Thanks!
Old Dec 13, 2022, 4:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
I don’t think that will be possible, he will be able to get free drinks anyway but I’m afraid not a Tiger, maybe send him a nice message?
Old Dec 13, 2022, 4:58 am

Programs: BA Blue
Originally Posted by Can I help you
I don’t think that will be possible, he will be able to get free drinks anyway but I’m afraid not a Tiger, maybe send him a nice message?
Thanks for the message! OK that's a shame. Yes the freebie nature of the booze would have been part of the gag and gesture :-).

Shows you how long since I've been on a flight, thinking Tiger's still part of the offering!

Cheers!
Old Dec 16, 2022, 9:51 am

Programs: BA GGL
T5 Lounge Access Issues

Hi,

I’m 16 and have managed worked my way up to Gold status but because I fly always alone I didn’t get let into the lounges every time at T5 due to the alcohol (no where else in Europe has had issues). One day someone who was quite rude ended up putting a note on the system so I rarely get in and even if I do I’m later asked to leave because I’m told the lounge gets a phone call asking them to do so. Some staff have suggested calling customer service for a manager to put a note on to grant Concorde Room access as it’s the only lounge without self serve alcohol but they never seem to be able to. Does anyone a know how or who I need to speak to in order to be allowed in?

Thanks
Old Dec 16, 2022, 2:29 pm

Programs: Ex-BA/AA/CP/LY staff, BA Executive Club Blue, IHG Diamond, Marriott Silver, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by Luther.e
Some staff have suggested calling customer service for a manager to put a note on to grant Concorde Room access as it’s the only lounge without self serve alcohol but they never seem to be able to. Does anyone a know how or who I need to speak to in order to be allowed in?
If you have access to CCR through class of service or status, that's probably a discussion to have with the manager there and then if they won't let you in.

If you're hoping for CCR access in lieu of the Galleries lounges they won't let you in to, that's probably not going to happen, but can always ask if/when you're turned away from the lounge you would otherwise be entitled to enter if not for your age. I wouldn't get your hopes up though. Sorry you're not getting the full experience yet, well done on making Gold already.
Old Dec 17, 2022, 12:40 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Originally Posted by Luther.e
Hi,

I’m 16 and have managed worked my way up to Gold status but because I fly always alone I didn’t get let into the lounges every time at T5 due to the alcohol (no where else in Europe has had issues). One day someone who was quite rude ended up putting a note on the system so I rarely get in and even if I do I’m later asked to leave because I’m told the lounge gets a phone call asking them to do so. Some staff have suggested calling customer service for a manager to put a note on to grant Concorde Room access as it’s the only lounge without self serve alcohol but they never seem to be able to. Does anyone a know how or who I need to speak to in order to be allowed in?

Thanks
I know this will sounds weird - but could you find an adult and guest them into lounge with you ;-)
Old Dec 19, 2022, 12:44 pm

Programs: BA Gold; Hilton Honors Diamond
For BA at T5 who allocates the stands? Is it BA or is it Heathrow Airport? I have had feedback from BA relating to the use of bus gates and the reply says "I appreciate why you would expect us not to use a bus gate. However, we take instruction from the airport on the stand we arrive into and depart from. I'm afraid we're unable to change this, as this is down to the airport."

Is that correct? I thought that for T5 at least it was BA who handled stand allocations.

Thanks!
Old Dec 19, 2022, 12:51 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
BA allocate their own stands at T5, not HAL.
Old Dec 23, 2022, 10:00 am

Had a missed approach on CityFlyer at Florence today (BA3279) due to low visibility and a diversion to Pisa.

Out of interest what determines whether a second approach is attempted or an immediate decision to divert is made? Is it a view on if the weather is going to improve or are some airports one try and that’s it? Also what’s the decision height? From the view of the airport when we were climbing it felt like it could have between somewhere between 500-1000ft?

Thanks in advance!
Old Dec 23, 2022, 11:00 am

Programs: Mucci. And BA Gold – previous awards - Gold 11, Silver 7, Bronze 4.
Originally Posted by polochick
Had a missed approach on CityFlyer at Florence today (BA3279) due to low visibility and a diversion to Pisa.

Out of interest what determines whether a second approach is attempted or an immediate decision to divert is made? Is it a view on if the weather is going to improve or are some airports one try and that’s it? Also what’s the decision height? From the view of the airport when we were climbing it felt like it could have between somewhere between 500-1000ft?

Thanks in advance!
AFAIK Florence has a Cat 1 ILS, which has a decision height of 200ft. But the decision to go down to that level depends on a number of factors, essentially whether the pilot flying is happy with the prevailing conditions. So for example, there may have been some reported wind shear or a cross wind which would make it tricky to have a stable approach. Pilots will tend to err on the side of caution (very reassuring of course).

Normally if the visibility is ok, but it is a wind problem then they might have two approaches, but as stated above, if it all looks like it will be too hard (and potentially beyond the pilot’s experience/risk appetite), then the right thing to do is go elsewhere.
Old Dec 23, 2022, 4:00 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
I seem to recall from family flight crew, that in terms of go arounds, BA don’t usually do more than three as otherwise the passengers get frightened? No idea if this is true - I’m sure someone will assist on this….

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.