Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ask the staffer

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2023, 9:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Yes please do, the minimum that they will do is give him a card from all the crew.
Old Feb 2, 2023, 9:46 am

Originally Posted by Can I help you
Yes please do, the minimum that they will do is give him a card from all the crew.
Ah that would be so cute!
LCSinTexas likes this.
Old Feb 2, 2023, 10:35 am

Wish I was an engineer . Wheel change video : He seems to attach a hose that increases wheel pressure? I don’t understand, what is it that makes the wheel lift up?
Old Feb 2, 2023, 10:45 am

Programs: Lemonia. Best Greek ever.
I thought the gadget that raised the set of tyres/undercarriage was simply "borrowing" compressed air from the tyre.
Old Feb 2, 2023, 10:49 am

Oh, not just a case of opening a valve like on a bike then?
LCSinTexas likes this.
Old Feb 2, 2023, 2:30 pm

Originally Posted by Flyerandmedic
I'm taking my son to Washington in CW to celebrate him finishing medical school - is it worth telling the cabin crew?

PS - don't expect anything at all but if there is anything the crew would do to make him feel special?

I'm sure this happens often but I would be keen to hear BA staffers thoughts

i took my daughter to Washington on her birthday in First, and on the 380. it was her first time in First and when I mentioned it to the CC she got a birthday card signed by all the crew including the Captain AND a bottle of bubbly. They were fantastic and treated her so well
Can I help you and Jimmie76 like this.
Old Feb 2, 2023, 9:38 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Can I help you
the perfect minimum they could do.... is put on all the leftover PPEs they might have still onboard and serve him in that including mask etc. makes him feel so much more like he is back in school )))
"We hear you are the designated Doctor today on board......"
Flyerandmedic likes this.
Old Feb 2, 2023, 9:40 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Ancient Observer
I thought the gadget that raised the set of tyres/undercarriage was simply "borrowing" compressed air from the tyre.
that gadget seem to me, like totally unsecured against rolling away.... or am I just stupid/blind?
Old Feb 3, 2023, 2:39 am

Programs: BA Gold, several other less interesting cards...
The pressure of the old tyre is used to jack up the wheel hence the hose.
AmaaiZeg likes this.
Old Feb 3, 2023, 2:51 am
BOH

Programs: IC Hotels Spire, BA Gold
Originally Posted by nilsfr69
that gadget seem to me, like totally unsecured against rolling away.... or am I just stupid/blind?
Aircraft stands and Maintenance areas (to the best of my knowledge) are generally very, very flat though
Old Feb 3, 2023, 3:44 am

You are usually told in advance when someone is being deported. If other passengers try to interfere with legal law enforcement and prevent a deportation what is your protocol.
Old Feb 3, 2023, 3:47 am

Originally Posted by BOH
Aircraft stands and Maintenance areas (to the best of my knowledge) are generally very, very flat though
True. But I have witnessed on CCTV a boarding ramp, which was unsecured, travel a considerable distance in a bad winter storm and crash into a parked EZY 737. The aircraft was in hangar for weeks.
Old Feb 3, 2023, 4:06 am

Originally Posted by MattHedges
You are usually told in advance when someone is being deported. If other passengers try to interfere with legal law enforcement and prevent a deportation what is your protocol.
We don’t discuss that sort of thing, sorry
LCSinTexas likes this.
Old Feb 3, 2023, 4:07 am
BOH

Programs: IC Hotels Spire, BA Gold
Originally Posted by MattHedges
True. But I have witnessed on CCTV a boarding ramp, which was unsecured, travel a considerable distance in a bad winter storm and crash into a parked EZY 737. The aircraft was in hangar for weeks.
Yes that's true, winds and mild jet blast of course have to be accounted for too in these areas. Wouldn't want a wheel going astray in those areas and gaining any sort of momentum, good old Force = Mass x Acceleration etc etc
Old Feb 3, 2023, 4:08 am

Can CC amend a passengers meal choice on BA app during a flight.

I had stupidly changed my meal preference on my BA profile to Hindu meal. Never liked it and forgot to correct my error. Next flight a few months later a Hindu meal was given to me and it clicked that I had not amended my meal choice. Polite CC said. Not to worry. Gave me a std meal and said she would change my meal preference on my profile later. Can she?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.