Ask the staffer

Old Feb 3, 2023, 4:09 am

Originally Posted by Waterhorse
We don’t discuss that sort of thing, sorry
No probs.
Old Feb 3, 2023, 4:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Call up and check it’s been done, if it hasn’t get it changed.
Old Feb 3, 2023, 5:07 am

Programs: BA Gold, several other less interesting cards...
The wheel jack only lifts the wheel that needs to be changed and the others will still be on the ground. The aircraft will still have chocks to stop it from moving.
AmaaiZeg and nilsfr69 like this.
Old Feb 3, 2023, 5:24 am

Programs: BA Executive Club Blue
Originally Posted by MattHedges
Can CC amend a passengers meal choice on BA app during a flight.

I had stupidly changed my meal preference on my BA profile to Hindu meal. Never liked it and forgot to correct my error. Next flight a few months later a Hindu meal was given to me and it clicked that I had not amended my meal choice. Polite CC said. Not to worry. Gave me a std meal and said she would change my meal preference on my profile later. Can she?
If your Executive Club number is attached to your booking, crew can fill in a form on their device to request a special meal preference is set on your account. Do note that this form is uploaded when the device gets an internet connection then is manually processed so could take a while or not stick (I've had forms that have taken a week or so to actually be uploaded), so be sure to check your booking before you next travel.
IAMORGAN likes this.
Old Feb 3, 2023, 7:22 am

Originally Posted by srbrenna
The pressure of the old tyre is used to jack up the wheel hence the hose.
That makes sense.
Old Feb 6, 2023, 1:26 pm

I've always wondered how many staff man the biggest jet in fleet the A380. How many crew are in each cabin and how many pilots are on the flight deck?
SW7London likes this.
Old Feb 6, 2023, 1:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

2 pilots plus an extra one or two for longer flights. 22 cabin crew, 3 in First, 10 in CW and 9 in WT.
Old Feb 6, 2023, 2:14 pm

Originally Posted by Can I help you
2 pilots plus an extra one or two for longer flights. 22 cabin crew, 3 in First, 10 in CW and 9 in WT.
Quite a big team then?
Do you get to use the crew rest area on the A380 often? Or it is only for really long flights?
Old Feb 6, 2023, 2:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Flight crew only with 3 or more, cabin crew all flights.
jaro likes this.
Old Feb 20, 2023, 3:52 am

After a long haul flight and when you arexresting during the layover how many rest days do you get before a return flight. For eg LHR to LAX how many nights in hotel?

Also, as most airport hotels are far away from main city attractions, does the crew go sightseeing at all?
Old Feb 20, 2023, 3:58 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
I can only speak on behalf of my wife (CC) but yes, she does go sightseeing. Likes to get out and do things and is one of the reasons she did the job. Especially if I go with her and we’ve used it a lot to see some different places that we’d never normally get to see without incurring significant expense.

But everyone is different and if you’ve been there 100+ times before then I imagine it gets a bit routine.

in terms of the days at a place it seems to vary a lot depending on the time change and the distance. LAX is two days there whereas SEA is only one.

Also depends on how many flights there are too. If there is only one a week (extreme example but Mauritius used to be like that many years ago) then you get seven days there.
alex67500 and MattHedges like this.
Old Feb 20, 2023, 4:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

SEA is about as far as you can go to only get to have 24 hours off, BA crew hotels are mostly in the city centre, only a few are near the airport.
DeathSlam likes this.
Old Feb 23, 2023, 2:41 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
I’m wondering how far in advance aircraft are assigned to specific routes?
I’m specifically looking at BA2167, LGW - TPA for later today on flight radar and I don’t see an aircraft assigned despite flight due to depart in around 3 hours.
Is this likely to be an anomaly on flight radar or is it more likely that BA are short of aircraft and are doing a bit of a juggling act?
Old Feb 23, 2023, 3:04 am

Originally Posted by zanderblue
I’m wondering how far in advance aircraft are assigned to specific routes?
I’m specifically looking at BA2167, LGW - TPA for later today on flight radar and I don’t see an aircraft assigned despite flight due to depart in around 3 hours.
Is this likely to be an anomaly on flight radar or is it more likely that BA are short of aircraft and are doing a bit of a juggling act?
There is an aircraft assigned to this. People place a lot of faith in a hobbyist site, which is very often wrong and inaccurate. I’m not sure where they data scrape from for aircraft registrations but it has been quite humorous over the times I’ve used it.

Typically at 72 hours out an aircraft is already assigned.
PETER01 and zanderblue like this.
Old Mar 9, 2023, 4:39 am

Programs: BA Silver
Ok slightly geeky question coming up....

Currently at LPA on the terrace watching aircraft land and taxi. I note that some aircraft are assigned a follow me vehicle and others aren't.

At airports which operate these, are these at pilots request ? Or is it just down to the airport ops dependent on stand locatiion?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.