Ask the staffer

Old Apr 9, 2024, 12:01 pm

BAEC Flight Credit Rejection

I have applied in all the ways recommended by telephone support to get a flight credit corrected on my account; I do NOT receive confirmation or rejection emails, and the only detail I can find online is that my claim was rejected. My BAEC # was miskeyed (one digit) on one leg of a recent journey. Its the difference between me being silver or not, so Im incented to have it corrected.

two questions - am I supposed to receive an e-mail with more details on the reason for rejection, and is there some other way to address? Ive tried calling, submitting online, and submitting through the extra documentation website. I still have my boarding pass which clearly displays my name and the incorrect (one digit wrong) BAEC number.

thanks. (Flight was IB if that matters).
Old Apr 10, 2024, 12:00 am

Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Diamond
I have never been emailed reasons for rejection.

have you tried reaching out to the social media team on Twitter? Theyve been pretty good for me a couple of times in the past via DM at resolving these issues. They also have an email address for exec club issues.

Ill share it here as it does seem quite publicly available: [email protected]

You can also try sending your query here

edit: noticed you said IB. I did once have to contact the other airline (or IB) to rectify, not BA. Since from BAs side theyre correct - the number they were given is wrong. Have you tried IB?
Old Apr 10, 2024, 12:08 am

Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by The Geek
A question for anyone in the know. Calls to BA Customer Service are recorded I'm advised. Does anyone know how long they are kept for?

TIA
I have received them 6 months after a call. Theyve managed to not record the important calls 100% of the time funnily enough.
Old Apr 10, 2024, 3:05 am

Programs: Mucci. And BA Gold previous awards - Gold 11, Silver 7, Bronze 4.
Originally Posted by Fanofflying24
thanks it’s for cabin crew
Good luck.

PS Since you are already on FT, you will have a pretty good idea on how to handle 'demanding' frequent flyers.
toothy and LCSinTexas like this.
Old Apr 10, 2024, 10:43 am

Originally Posted by HCCCrew
At the moment, scheduled to be G-YMMC - but bear in mind it can still change between now and then.
Many thanks
Old Apr 10, 2024, 10:48 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Welcome to Flyertalk and the BA Forum Sparkle00

I've been fortunate to have been to Mauritius 5 times over the years. One of my favouriteplaces, enjoy!!
Old Apr 20, 2024, 3:49 pm

Programs: British Airways Executive Club - Silver, Nectar, Tesco
I don't often haunt this thread, but after having a few drinks with a friend this evening, they asked me a question that I didn't have an answer to so I figured one of the staffers here might know...

If a plane lands at a location it only serves once a day - Sofia for example - and it goes technical on arrival and the return flight is cancelled until the following day when an engineer can fix it, what happens in terms of catering that delayed return flight? Is it a case of "just email for compensation" or would they authorise a one off payment and get some sort of local catering done?
Old Apr 20, 2024, 3:58 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club Blue
Originally Posted by IJN Harekaze
I don't often haunt this thread, but after having a few drinks with a friend this evening, they asked me a question that I didn't have an answer to so I figured one of the staffers here might know...

If a plane lands at a location it only serves once a day - Sofia for example - and it goes technical on arrival and the return flight is cancelled until the following day when an engineer can fix it, what happens in terms of catering that delayed return flight? Is it a case of "just email for compensation" or would they authorise a one off payment and get some sort of local catering done?
Club passengers would usually be notified in advance and given a refreshment voucher at checkin to use in the airport.
Old Apr 27, 2024, 5:42 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Is there any way to find out my own CRV?

Last edited by izzik; Apr 27, 2024 at 6:32 pm
Old Apr 27, 2024, 10:41 pm
Fairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC electrum
Originally Posted by izzik
Is there any way to find out my own CRV?
Do you mean CIV?
https://www.headforpoints.com/2014/0...ividual-value/
Old Apr 27, 2024, 11:10 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by DeathSlam
That's probably it. No surprise if I misheard. And that answers the question, thanks!
Old Apr 28, 2024, 12:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
Does anyone know why BA213 (which is LHR to BOS) has moved from the mid morning to the afternoon? The new timings are useless for onward flights especially to ACK.
Old Apr 28, 2024, 3:07 pm

Programs: British Airways Executive Club - Silver, Nectar, Tesco
An odd question, but where does BA get its pepper from and what sort is it? I normally don't like it, but their stuff has grown on me so I was just wondering
EDDLEGLL likes this.
Old May 5, 2024, 10:23 pm

Programs: AA EXP and Eurostar Carte Blanche
Originally Posted by Jimmie76
Does anyone know why BA213 (which is LHR to BOS) has moved from the mid morning to the afternoon? The new timings are useless for onward flights especially to ACK.
Is there no longer an early AA flight? It was horrible timing last year though Departing at such an early hour that nobody should be awake
Old May 6, 2024, 8:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
The AA flight is now at 09:35. In the past it was around 07:45 I believe.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.