Community
Wiki Posts
Search

GGL enhancements

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2018, 8:46 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Originally Posted by mcgol
I am intrigued by this CIV talk. While I (think I) understand it is some sort of metric matching a spending figure to a customer, can someone shed more light onto this?

I have not really seen this mentioned/explained in too much detail here on FT yet
To be honest it's been done to death here and as corporate-wage-slave stated it's importance is massively overplayed here on FT.

Here are a few previous threads thrown up by a raw google search so they're quite easy to find and they're not the most exciting of reads.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1764201-weird-civ-related-question-2.html
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1820126-would-ba-reduce-civ-scores-people-who-complain.html

How does one find out your CIV score?
CIV Value and Status
How does one find out your CIV score?
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Wozza2404
They're capped.

So as per Karfa's figures of 52-96 for a Gold, we can expect the Silver posts to be something like 20-51, and Bronze at 10-19 (or whatever it may be.

For example, your Gold spending tens of thousands each year can only ever get to 96. A GGL doing a few £k in TP runs on QR would immediately trump them on 97.
so the full range is:

non-EC known customers - 0-4
blue - 5-11
bronze - 12-25
silver - 26-51
golds - 52-96
ggls - 97-99
gglfl - 100
prem - 105

Programs: BA bronze, Hertz pres circle, Marriott Platinum, hilton diamond
This thread has been a very entertaining testament to the old thought that everyone wants the levels based at a point just under their personal qualification threshold.

50 BA flights a year! Bet those folk live outside London and connect in!

for my part, not that I ever previously harboured any thoughts of getting to ggl I will say this: this year I could fairly easily for the first time make it to 3000 tier points, probably making one or two flights C whereas PE would have worked, and in addition I’d have then wanted to push for the next year 3k too. Now however with the threshold at 5k I won’t even make the slightest effort past renewing gold, and again, that’s a minimum of 2 years of additional lost revenue from me and people like me.

so whilst it may be nice to encourage ba to increase thresholds so we can swagger around in pride, their goal is to make money out of this, and whichever way they move some will win and some will lose, their trick is to see which makes them money.
Old Mar 6, 2018, 8:47 am

Programs: BA GGL for a little while longer
They're capped.

So as per Karfa's figures of 52-96 for a Gold, we can expect the Silver posts to be something like 20-51, and Bronze at 10-19 (or whatever it may be.

For example, your Gold spending tens of thousands each year can only ever get to 96. A GGL doing a few £k in TP runs on QR would immediately trump them on 97.
But I think it is all pretty meaningless for us as passengers anyway: I have really not noticed much difference in how I am treated (on BA) in the last couple of years since being GGL.

Though to be fair I have yet to experience a major IRROPS...
Old Mar 6, 2018, 9:08 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by OverTheHorizon
But I think it is all pretty meaningless for us as passengers anyway: I have really not noticed much difference in how I am treated (on BA) in the last couple of years since being GGL.

Though to be fair I have yet to experience a major IRROPS...
I'd agree. I doubt that on most flights, the CC even look or care about CIVs or even BAEC levels. Certainly not on shorthaul.
My last flight cancellation didn't end up with me being rebooked automatically, in fact I wasn't even informed of the cancellation until I looked on the app.
The BAEC emails aren't very well personalised, so I suspect that their customer segmentation isn't up to much.
So, I would take a wild guess that the whole CIV algorithm was created some time ago based on the promise of a future capability to personalise the service better - and then that part of the project didn't really happen..
Old Mar 6, 2018, 9:58 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by ThatT1Feeling
I'd agree. I doubt that on most flights, the CC even look or care about CIVs or even BAEC levels. Certainly not on shorthaul.
My last flight cancellation didn't end up with me being rebooked automatically, in fact I wasn't even informed of the cancellation until I looked on the app.
The BAEC emails aren't very well personalised, so I suspect that their customer segmentation isn't up to much.
So, I would take a wild guess that the whole CIV algorithm was created some time ago based on the promise of a future capability to personalise the service better - and then that part of the project didn't really happen..
Agreed.

My experience is that WW crews are generally more inclined to take note of CIV scores. Last year I had a MF short haul crew member actually come up to me with the manifest to ask me what "GGL/CCR" meant.

/Quickly closes can of worms.
Old Mar 6, 2018, 10:13 am

Programs: BA
It's rare we use it onboard.
ThatT1Feeling likes this.
Old Mar 6, 2018, 12:20 pm
Suspended

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH DIAMOND, AVIS Presidents Club, Karahi Express
Originally Posted by BABenchley
It's rare we use it onboard.
Interesting ... so many inconsistencies from CC.

I have to admit .... these days so many CC just close the curtains so that they don’t have to deal with passengers.

There .. I said it 😊
Old Mar 6, 2018, 12:24 pm

Programs: BA GGL, UA Plat, DL Plat, Hilton Diamond
LOL, the crew on my recent LHR-MIA in WT+ was waaayy better than the one I had on a recent LHR-JFK in First

When BA can't even ensure consistency in the top cabin on its flagship route, I don't expect it elsewhere
haroon145 likes this.
Old Mar 6, 2018, 12:34 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Fitch
LOL, the crew on my recent LHR-MIA in WT+ was waaayy better than the one I had on a recent LHR-JFK in First

When BA can't even ensure consistency in the top cabin on its flagship route, I don't expect it elsewhere
Every passenger in every cabin should get a good service.

Recently i have been flying TK. Excellent service.
Old Mar 6, 2018, 12:57 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Mucci
They're capped.

Another example. Silvers who fork out more on one flight than some GGLs spend to reach GGL. Grrrrr!
Old Mar 6, 2018, 1:03 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by HilFly
Another example. Silvers who fork out more on one flight than some GGLs spend to reach GGL. Grrrrr!
Most of the GGLs / CCR’s on this forum are funded by their companies. They really need to shut up. There I said it again 😊.

Old Mar 6, 2018, 1:08 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by deboyzoned

Most of the GGLs / CCR’s on this forum are funded by their companies.
Interesting theory. Basis?
Old Mar 6, 2018, 1:08 pm
Suspended

And of course no doubt I will have the forum police on my back on this comment ����
Old Mar 6, 2018, 1:10 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by hugolover
Could you clarify who you define as ‘riff raff’? For example, do you include yourself in that?
Riff-Raff is defined as anyone with at least one less TP in the previous year than you.
nufnuf77 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.