Old Mar 7, 2018, 7:03 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Originally Posted by Filthy Monkey
Let's hope for your sake that they don't reduce I class tier points then
You naughty boy need some spanking!
Old Mar 7, 2018, 11:27 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, UA2MM, QF Platinum, VA Platinum., Volare Executive Club
Sounds like there's going to be a lot of gnashing of teeth when these changes ("enhancements") come in.

It will likely see me hightailing it back to QF and UA Mileage Plus (which is starting to look pretty good in comparison), and curtailing my flirtation with BA.

But who knows (someone must)?

And I'm just a little surprised that there doesn't seem to have been that much interest in this topic. Perhaps a case of grin and ignore it?
oxtailsoup and nufnuf77 like this.
Old Mar 8, 2018, 1:20 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Accor Plat, Pucci Fan Club
Originally Posted by Grace B
Sounds like there's going to be a lot of gnashing of teeth when these changes ("enhancements") come in.

It will likely see me hightailing it back to QF and UA Mileage Plus (which is starting to look pretty good in comparison), and curtailing my flirtation with BA.

And I'm just a little surprised that there doesn't seem to have been that much interest in this topic. Perhaps a case of grin and ignore it?
I’m sure there will be plenty of interest in this topic when the facts are on the table. Until then it’s just a guessing game of what will actually change.
Cymro likes this.
Old Mar 8, 2018, 1:46 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
For what it's worth, I've just been told that there is no longer any way to extend a GUF2 voucher upon expiry.

Not the end of the world, but I was rather hoping for something...
Old Mar 8, 2018, 1:49 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Cymro
For what it's worth, I've just been told that there is no longer any way to extend a GUF2 voucher upon expiry.

was this by ggl team in Manchester?
Old Mar 8, 2018, 2:22 am
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
Originally Posted by Grace B

How can there be an interest for something that is pure speculation based on rumors with no facts whatsoever ? Have you read the topic ?
Sealink, oxtailsoup, Cymro and 1 others like this.
Old Mar 8, 2018, 2:27 am

Originally Posted by nufnuf77

I'm only on 4,800 TP for the year .... not GGL but most with GUFs will be, hence posting here.
Old Mar 8, 2018, 2:46 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

I'm only on 4,800 TP for the year .... not GGL but most with GUFs will be, hence posting here.
that’s why I am asking because I think MaN call centre might have more leeway
Old Mar 8, 2018, 6:32 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR

that’s why I am asking because I think MaN call centre might have more leeway
I'll second that. The Manchester call centre have been fantastic on this with me in the past. Even yesterday they helped me out when my agent messed up and applied a voucher that had plenty of time left over a voucher that was due to expire.

Back to the topic, does anyone have any insight on whether the number of GGLs / Prems is stable, increasing or decreasing annually, say over the last 3-5 years?
Old Mar 8, 2018, 6:37 am

Programs: BA GGL / GfL
Originally Posted by fin_dg
Back to the topic, does anyone have any insight on whether the number of GGLs / Prems is stable, increasing or decreasing annually, say over the last 3-5 years?
While I have no evidence to back this up, over the last year and up to 2020 the numbers will probably increase due to the May Bank Holiday IT disaster last year which saw anybody travelling around that period granted their status until 2019/2020. With reduced numbers dropping out of tiers as others replace them, I can only assume we will see a small bump in numbers across the higher Tiers until that benefit runs out. However if that is what BA are basing their GGL refinement on, I’d be disappointed.

Pilot37
fin_dg likes this.
Old Mar 8, 2018, 7:52 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold

Had you already extended your GUF 2? I know that it was only ever possible to extend by one x 6 month period.
I only ask because I have read your post literally 30 minutes after getting one of mine extended - so there's some inconsistency here..
Old Mar 8, 2018, 7:56 am

Originally Posted by ThatT1Feeling
Had you already extended your GUF 2? I know that it was only ever possible to extend by one x 6 month period.
I only ask because I have read your post literally 30 minutes after getting one of mine extended - so there's some inconsistency here..
No, it hadn't previously been extended and apparently, according to the Gold line there was a big warning not to extend. (I have had other vouchers extended, however, so maybe it's a quota per member!)

Anyway I managed to find a JER-LGW LHR-SIN-LHR in WTP for just over £1,100 with Avios availabiltiy over the August bank holiday on all three legs, which was a bloody miracle in itself, so I'm sorted.
ThatT1Feeling likes this.
Old Mar 8, 2018, 9:33 am

Programs: BA GGL for a little while longer
My personal contribution to the speculation:

(a) Gaining and retaining status
CCR qualification 7500 TPs, no minimum flight criteria
CCR re-qualification 7500 TPs, no minimum flight criteria
GGL qualification 5000 TPs, 8 eligible flights
GGL re-qualification 5000 TPs, 8 eligible flights
Gold qualification 2500 TPs, 6 eligible flights
Gold re-qualification 1500 TPs, 6 eligible flights
Silver qualification 1000 TPs, 4 eligible flights
Silver re-qualification 600 TPs, 4 eligible flights
Bronze qualification 500 TPs, 2 eligible flights
Bronze re-qualification 300 TPs, 2 eligible flights

(b) Selling class earning rates
All BA flights earn at current rates
I and R-class sectors on other OW carriers: earning rate reduced by 25% (from 160 / 140 / 80 / 40 to 120 / 105 / 60 / 30)

(c) Downgrading
No more soft landing from current Tier - your status next year relies on your earnings this year.

(d) Guesting
Numbers of guests unchanged but they must be travelling on an eligible OW flight which departs with 90 minutes of your own

(e) Avios Earning and Burning
Earning rates unchanged but dynamic pricing introduced - peak/off-peak calendar refined (a la AAdvantage) to allow multiple charging levels

I don't know a single soul at BA, so the above is completely out of my head... but it's what I would do if the brief I was given was:

(1) Throttle count of qualifications and re-qualifications into each Tier by x%
(2) Drive customer carrier choice away from other OW and towards BA
(3) Drive customer fare purchasing behaviour up the value chain (e.g. from non-flex to more flex, from Econ -> Prem Econ -> Club -> First)
(4) Drive down the F&B costs in BA-owned lounges by y%
(5) Devalue the un-redeemed Avios liability by z%
Cymro likes this.
Old Mar 8, 2018, 5:21 pm

Originally Posted by fransknorge
Have you read the topic ?
Well yes, and I tend to believe what our learned members are saying. But we'll see...
Old Mar 8, 2018, 5:25 pm

Originally Posted by oxtailsoup

I’m sure there will be plenty of interest in this topic when the facts are on the table. Until then it’s just a guessing game of what will actually change.
You're right, but there doesn't seem to be much doubt that there will be changes, which will likely disadvantage BAEC members.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.