Community
Wiki Posts
Search

GGL enhancements

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2018, 2:22 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by morges1
I think that you need to differentiate between on-board service and terminal services. On the ground, BA has significantly increased its Concorde (premium customer services) team. Mme M1 and I have been met every time we have passed through T5 and transferred by car between T5 terminals.
Indeed, however you are the crème de la crème of GGLs.. I've still not (quite) reached GFL
LTN Phobia likes this.
Old Nov 6, 2018, 1:29 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, UA Premier Gold, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Various Rental Car Statuses
Originally Posted by DFB_london

the extras tend to come out for ggl with civ at 99 or more. Most ggl are 97 or 98s.
But in ET short haul everyone gets the full Ryanair welcome (ie nothing special) inviting you to purchase the M&S leftovers
I realize there is no exact answer but what does it take to get a 99? Presumably revenue is still the primary metric? 100k annually?
Old Nov 6, 2018, 1:51 pm

Programs: BA GGL, CCR - TK G
I think besides measurable benefits like free upgrades, flights, champagne and stuff..
Its about the feeling that you experience..
People do the same things, travel the same places because they feel comfortable with it. It's familiar.
When I started to fly as a kid I dreamed about being part of this family. It wasn't a crazy desire. But It was a fantasy motivated by advertisements about clubs.
And ba is almost completely lacking this feeling.
Of course everyone has a bit of DYKWIA. But it's more about the being home feeling I'm sure.
A friend of mine constantly runs to this chique restaurant altho the food is mostly poor. But it's hard to get a table there and he is always warmly greeted personally. Just giving an example
Its not about yelling for everyone to hear oh I have a ba vip to preboard.
But once I entered a Malaysian business cabin and didn't have my BP ready and just told the lady sorry but I'm on 7a. She promptly smiled and answered, of course Mr Pridat just down this isle.

Give the Club an atmosphere BA

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.