Community
Wiki Posts
Search

GGL enhancements

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2018, 1:04 am

Programs: BA GGL (for now) and Lifetime Gold, Marriott fan thanks to Bonvoy Moments
Originally Posted by nufnuf77

burn now changes to avios coming in a few weeks. Announcement is imminent
Problem is I’m booked up for the rest of this year and will still need cash bookings to hit GfL. But point taken, maybe Mexico next February will be interesting!

Do do you think the change will be immediate or with decent lead time?
Old Mar 7, 2018, 1:27 am

Programs: BA Silver - hard drop from GGL :( SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, AC E50k
Originally Posted by lorcancoyle

Do do you think the change will be immediate or with decent lead time?
Interesting point. I would imagine to shield themselves from lawsuits, there would be some lead time involved, similarly from when 2*3000 Points was removed as GGL qualification etc. Imagine otherwise if you bought 100k Avios a few days/weeks before.

Also, they would likely need time to implement on their side. But again, that is just me speculating...
Old Mar 7, 2018, 4:44 am
Moderator, Hertz; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM, BA GGL, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond and others
Originally Posted by LondonCanuck

Interesting point. I would imagine to shield themselves from lawsuits, there would be some lead time involved, similarly from when 2*3000 Points was removed as GGL qualification etc. Imagine otherwise if you bought 100k Avios a few days/weeks before.

Also, they would likely need time to implement on their side. But again, that is just me speculating...
Isn't there a clause that any changes to the program require 6 months notice?
Old Mar 7, 2018, 4:51 am

Programs: BA Silver - hard drop from GGL :( SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, AC E50k
When they changed the GGL 2*3000 criteria it was 26 Nov 2014, and you had until April 8th 2015 to qualify under old rules, so that means 4 months and change...
Old Mar 7, 2018, 4:57 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by jason8612
No, just "reasonable notice".
nufnuf77 likes this.
Old Mar 7, 2018, 5:01 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Originally Posted by jason8612
The termination of the BAEC is 6 months but not guaranteed.

BAEC Terms and Conditions

British Airways and/or AGL may terminate the Executive Club at any time. Except in the event of insolvency of British Airways or AGL, each of British Airways and AGL will use its reasonable endeavours to give at least six months’ notice to Members prior to termination. In the event of insolvency of British Airways or AGL, or otherwise at the end of the period of notice, each Member acknowledges and agrees that their right to use the Services (including the earning and redemption of Avios points with AGL) will cease with immediate effect.

Changes only require 'reasonable' notice:

British Airways and AGL reserve the right at all times to make any changes to the Terms and Conditions subject to giving Members reasonable notice as appropriate in the circumstances, which may be provided via e-mail to the e-mail address provided by the Member. Members who do not accept the amendments may terminate their Membership as described in Clause 23.
nufnuf77 likes this.
Old Mar 7, 2018, 5:48 am

Programs: BA GGL (for now) and Lifetime Gold, Marriott fan thanks to Bonvoy Moments
Originally Posted by LondonCanuck
When they changed the GGL 2*3000 criteria it was 26 Nov 2014, and you had until April 8th 2015 to qualify under old rules, so that means 4 months and change...
well at least 4 months notice would give me time to renew GGL - should be at 2635 TPs by mid-June. Vanilla ex-EU with one of the positioning flights paid for should do it...
LondonCanuck likes this.
Old Mar 7, 2018, 7:19 am

Programs: BA GGL, Gold for Life, CCR, VS Silver, HHonours Diamond
I am a little worried about the possibility of TP changes. My TP run/mini PHX Do in August gives me renewal of my GGL plus my GFL.

Looks like a slim possibility of both going out of the window.
Old Mar 7, 2018, 11:55 am

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by nufnuf77

again, I am mostly self funded (70/30) I reckon, and I want the thresholds to go up and benefits for riffraff carved.
Let's hope for your sake that they don't reduce I class tier points then
hugolover and nufnuf77 like this.
Old Mar 7, 2018, 1:11 pm

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by IFE Wizard
I am a little worried about the possibility of TP changes. My TP run/mini PHX Do in August gives me renewal of my GGL plus my GFL.

Looks like a slim possibility of both going out of the window.

So.... now.... GGL is all very well but GFL is a fundamentally separate and more important issue.

I'm maybe a year away from GFL and, while I can cope with any GGL changes, any changes to GFL will probably end up with a sit-down protest outside BA towers, as my GFL has been 17 years in the making and, based on so many of my old weekly 80 TP returns to Moscow in CE at £1700 each (yes, before it became Longhaul), it's probably cost the best part of £500k to get to 33500 lifetime TPs...
Old Mar 7, 2018, 1:46 pm

Originally Posted by ThatT1Feeling
So.... now.... GGL is all very well but GFL is a fundamentally separate and more important issue.

I'm maybe a year away from GFL and, while I can cope with any GGL changes, any changes to GFL will probably end up with a sit-down protest outside BA towers, as my GFL has been 17 years in the making and, based on so many of my old weekly 80 TP returns to Moscow in CE at £1700 each (yes, before it became Longhaul), it's probably cost the best part of £500k to get to 33500 lifetime TPs...
trying to get GfL in before a change is probably the only thing that would get me on one of those crazy PTY TP runs!

(anyway, a MEX trip and a JNB/CPT open-jaw booked for now in case of devaluation..)
ThatT1Feeling likes this.
Old Mar 7, 2018, 4:01 pm

Programs: Don't even mention it. Grrrrrrr.
22 days to go. Goodbye cruel world
Old Mar 7, 2018, 4:26 pm

Programs: BA GGL for a little while longer
Originally Posted by Banana4321
22 days to go. Goodbye cruel world
Until what ???
Old Mar 7, 2018, 4:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
Originally Posted by OverTheHorizon
Until what ???
Expiry date of GGL card?
Programs: BA soon ex-GGL previously ex-CCR & ex-Hyatt Diamond
Old Mar 7, 2018, 6:16 pm
Moderator, Hertz; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM, BA GGL, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond and others
Originally Posted by PETER01
The termination of the BAEC is 6 months but not guaranteed.

BAEC Terms and Conditions

British Airways and/or AGL may terminate the Executive Club at any time. Except in the event of insolvency of British Airways or AGL, each of British Airways and AGL will use its reasonable endeavours to give at least six months’ notice to Members prior to termination. In the event of insolvency of British Airways or AGL, or otherwise at the end of the period of notice, each Member acknowledges and agrees that their right to use the Services (including the earning and redemption of Avios points with AGL) will cease with immediate effect.

Changes only require 'reasonable' notice:

British Airways and AGL reserve the right at all times to make any changes to the Terms and Conditions subject to giving Members reasonable notice as appropriate in the circumstances, which may be provided via e-mail to the e-mail address provided by the Member. Members who do not accept the amendments may terminate their Membership as described in Clause 23.
Oh. Well lets hope any announcement they make won't be changed immediately. In the past they gave some leeway (the EU vs UK qualification was a 2 year notice if I remember correctly )

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.