G-NEOZ
Print Wikipost

NEOs and a couple of SH changes

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2017, 2:19 pm
Suspended

Programs: plenty - ggl, ccr, etc, etc.
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK

I see the inability to recline seats in short haul a positive! I hate it when the passenger in front reclines. Whilst the seat pitch is reduced, didn’t our resident experts tell us there would no loss of legroom because of the design of the seat?
clearly you have nt flown in a NEO on any other airline yet!!! But for some BA is always glass half full... or more.

Views on recline will be binary - no recline lovers tend to be those in my experience who prefer the person in front not to recline then recline themselves.

Let's see on that one - but what the OP says leads to the likelihood that the basic product easyJet and Ryanair will now be better - as both can run rings round the BA BOB service. M&S staying seems fitting at least for BA - two confused mid market brands finding solace in their decline, and irrelevance to millennials. (That 's indisputable if you look at the BA data in this age group..)

In day to day experience the biggest issues with the NEO in the BA set up will be (as with Lufthansa's):

more seats but overhead space is nt as expanded. That will affect CW as excess bags roll forward.

Also you need to be a midget or contortionist to use the loos.

Old Dec 31, 2017, 2:25 pm

Programs: Amex Platinum, LH SEN (Gold), BA Bronze
Originally Posted by DFB_london

clearly you have nt flown in a NEO on any other airline yet!!! But for some BA is always glass half full... or more.

Views on recline will be binary - no recline lovers tend to be those in my experience who prefer the person in front not to recline then recline themselves.

Let's see on that one - but what the OP says leads to the likelihood that the basic product easyJet and Ryanair will now be better - as both can run rings round the BA BOB service. M&S staying seems fitting at least for BA - two confused mid market brands finding solace in their decline, and irrelevance to millennials. (That 's indisputable if you look at the BA data in this age group..)

In day to day experience the biggest issues with the NEO in the BA set up will be (as with Lufthansa's):

more seats but overhead space is nt as expanded. That will affect CW as excess bags roll forward.

i can safely say the loo on the A320NEO is the smallest loo I have ever been in in my life!

one interesting thing about the NEO is that the one I was on this summer did not have a no smoking sign next to the seatbelt sign, it had a tablets forbidden sign that came on like 30 seconds before landing!
(Not sure if the BA NEo’s will have this )
Old Dec 31, 2017, 2:40 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)

Your continued grumpiness is rather astounding, even Victor Meldrew was known to occasionally be positive

No, I've not knowingly flown on any airline's NEO, but the OP was not just about the NEOs, it was about other short haul changes too - some of which are very welcome.

I'm reserving judgement on the seats, and the new aircraft until I've actually had my backside on one of them.

As we see far too often on this forum, some positive changes are afoot and we immediately see the race to whine about them begin even before any of the changes have actually been implemented.

In life I always try to be positive, I make no apology for being a glass half full chap. Life is far too short to be constantly negative, miserable and to be always looking for things to complain about.

If these changes turn out to be poor, I'll gladly call them out - but I'll put my backside on the seat first before complaining or condemning them.
Gerbs and PETER01 like this.
Old Dec 31, 2017, 2:45 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by ahmetdouas
one interesting thing about the NEO is that the one I was on this summer did not have a no smoking sign next to the seatbelt sign, it had a tablets forbidden sign that came on like 30 seconds before landing!
I've see this on a number of carriers on newer planes, I think it’s just aircraft fitters moving with the times
Old Dec 31, 2017, 3:24 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
In life I always try to be positive, I make no apology for being a glass half full chap. Life is far too short to be constantly negative, miserable and to be always looking for things to complain about.

If these changes turn out to be poor, I'll gladly call them out - but I'll put my backside on the seat first before complaining or condemning them.
Well said, Tobias!!
Old Dec 31, 2017, 3:59 pm
Suspended

Apparently the last legacy airline which tried the no-recline concept learned the hard lesson that passengers see the recline as a God given right, and it is not binary.

I for one remembers the CX Y seats very well as I was in the camp of the no-recline lover. Yet the majority passengers made their choice and CX had to reverse the decision. I missed those seats terribly but I can see this is not going to go very well among ordinary passengers.
Old Dec 31, 2017, 4:02 pm

Programs: BA Exec Club Gold, *G, EK Skywards Silver
Originally Posted by MFCC
Hi all,

Not sure whether any of this has been posted before, it probably has but had a quick search and couldn’t find anything. So mods, please feel free to move or delete as appropriate.

BA have begun training for MF and EF crews on the new NEOs entering service next year. I had mine the other week. A couple of bits:
  • All LHR 320 and 321CEOs to be retrofitted with new seating and SpaceFlex Galleys. The first refurbished 321C is in Prestwick being worked on now (first service provisionally the PMI on the 6th Jan). No its not and no it won't be.
According the info I was given by my contact, G-MEDN will be the first aircraft to be retrofitted. But given that a) its still flying and b) it will need to be converted from Midhaul first, before going to the new A321 config, it won't be seen until middle to late Feb at the earliest.
Old Dec 31, 2017, 4:26 pm

Location: Manchester but from Yorkshire better known as Gods country
Programs: BA Gold, , Sandals plat
What amazes me is the aircraft and product have not even entered service and the whinging and complaining is already in full swing. I have flown both Ryan air and EasyJet and I was totally unimpressed by both. Let’s get the aircraft into service and if they are that bad we have a simple choice, complain or take our business elsewhere.
Gerbs, PETER01, T8191 and 3 others like this.
Old Dec 31, 2017, 5:47 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by PJSMITH0
What amazes me is the aircraft and product have not even entered service and the whinging and complaining is already in full swing.
I completely believe in scientific method, first observe, then comment and analyse.
Old Dec 31, 2017, 5:59 pm

Programs: BA Blue
Originally Posted by skipness1E
5’11” never once been too bothered by person in front reclining. If I want to grab a nap sitting bolt upright, how do I do this please?
Close your eyes?
Old Dec 31, 2017, 6:20 pm

Programs: Lemonia. Best Greek ever.
No water availability, and no free tea/coffee, and loos for little uns only. So we see where Mr Cruz wants to compete. With Ryanair. As someone said on another thread, Poundland in the sky.

"We never forget that you have an alternative".
Old Dec 31, 2017, 7:06 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by Ancient Observer
No water availability, and no free tea/coffee, and loos for little uns only. So we see where Mr Cruz wants to compete. With Ryanair. As someone said on another thread, Poundland in the sky.

"We never forget that you have an alternative".
You do indeed, you can buy a tea, coffee or water if you really want it, or you can take your own refreshments on board with you. If you want a more inclusive service, you can chose Club Europe. I am no fan of BoB and when I had no choice but ‘take it or leave it’, I was very unhappy. When CE was introduced on domestics I was very happy as that gave me the option to avoid your Poundland. As with all things in life, you pay for what you want. You know the proposition and, as they say, you pays your money and you takes your choice.
Old Dec 31, 2017, 7:08 pm

Programs: QRPC Platinum, KFEG
Originally Posted by MFCC
  • All LHR 320 and 321CEOs to be retrofitted with new seating and SpaceFlex Galleys.
SpaceFlex, such marketing speak for an absolute .... show of galley space.
Old Dec 31, 2017, 7:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Great news! The tedious safety vid will be pensioned off to Gatters
Old Dec 31, 2017, 7:51 pm

Programs: BA Gold; FB Silver; SPG; IHG Gold
Seat recline doesn't bother me, but it is disappointing to hear that the management haven't seen fit to adopt a free tea/coffee approach, or the AA approach of free drinks for status pax. However the biggest disappointment is the removal of screens.

Why the hell are they removing them? How is wifi going to help? I want to see location, speed, estimated time of arrival, etc. Cannot believe so few people have commented on this. It's an awful decision.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.