Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

FAQ : Status of on-board WiFi rollout on BA aircraft

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 1, 2017, 1:57 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sigma421
Onboard WiFi has been introduced to BA's fleet and is being marketed as Highlife Connect. This thread is to track the rollout. See https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb.../wifi-on-board for BA's FAQ on the system.

Long-haul aircraft with WiFi fitted

A350-1000 - All fitted (12 aircraft).

A380 - All fitted (12 aircraft)

777-200ER - All fitted (43 aircraft)

777-300ER - All fitted (16 aircraft)

787-8 - 0/12 aircraft

787-9 - 14/18 aircraft

G-ZBKA, G-ZBKB, G-ZBKC, G-ZBKD, G-ZBKG, G-ZBKH, G-ZBKI, G-ZBKJ, G-ZBKK, G-ZBKL, G-ZBKM, G-ZBKN, G-ZBKO, G-ZBKP

787-10 - All fitted (2 aircraft).

BA are currently trialling free WiFi in first class cabins. For those in other cabins the current cost on all long-haul aircraft is:
  • 1 hour: £7.99
  • 4 hours: £17.99
  • Full flight: up to £23.99 depending on route

Note that prices and services offered are subject to change.
Long-haul aircraft still to be fitted with WiFi

787-8 - G-ZBJA/B/C/D/E/F/G/H/I/J/K/M

787-9 - G-ZBKE/F/R/S
Short-haul and mid-haul aircraft known to have WiFi fitted and enabled

The majority of aircraft have wi-fi equipment fitted with the exception of those expected to retire within the next few years. Wi-fi equipment is installed after delivery and the rate at which this happens appears to have slowed down post-COVID.
A319 - 12/29 Aircraft

G-EUOA
G-EUPL/M/N/O/P/R/S/T/U/Y/Z

A320 - 61/67 Aircraft

G-EUUA/B/C/E/F/G/H/I/J/K/L/M/N/O/P/R/T/U/V/W/X/Y/Z
G-EUYA/B/D/E/G/H/I/J/K/L/M/N/O/P/R/S/T/U/V/W/X
G-GATH/J/K/M/N/P/R/S/U
G-MEDK
G-MIDO/S/T/X/Y
G-TTOB/E

A320neo - 17/20 Aircraft

G-TTNA/B/C/D/E/F/G/H/I/J/K/L/M/N/O/P/Q/R

Wi-fi installation has not yet occurred for aircraft delivered from October 2022 onwards.

A321 - 15/18 Aircraft

G-EUXC/D/E/F/G/H/I/J/K/L/M
G-MEDL/M/N

A321neo - All fitted (10 aircraft)

The price of WiFi on short-haul flights varies according to the length of the route. The following prices are known:

Messaging - £1.99 or £2.99 depending on flight distance.

Browse & Stream (one hour) - £4.99

Browse & Stream (whole flight)
£4.99 (MAN / NCL)
£6.99 (ARN / HAM)
£7.99 (KRK / LIS / MAS / PMI)
£8.99 (AGP)
£9.99 (LED / SOF)
£11.99 (LCA)

Short-haul aircraft not planned to receive WiFi due to retirement

A319 - 18 Aircraft

G-EUOE/F/G
G-EUPD/G/J/K/W
G-DBCA/B/C/D/E/F/G/H/J/K

Background information:
Print Wikipost

FAQ : Status of on-board WiFi rollout on BA aircraft

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2022, 12:28 pm

Done 2 A320 sectors last week both were neos, and was advertised on the seat back to connect to . Air on both neither were available to use, one of the aircraft was NP
Old Nov 20, 2022, 2:08 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by mwp1
Done 2 A320 sectors last week both were neos, and was advertised on the seat back to connect to . Air on both neither were available to use, one of the aircraft was NP
What happened when you tried to connect. Was there no WiFi SSID or were you able to login but there was no connectivity? Did you ask the cabin crew what was wrong with it? It's fitted to all the NEOs.
Old Nov 20, 2022, 3:06 pm

Originally Posted by golfmad
What happened when you tried to connect. Was there no WiFi SSID or were you able to login but there was no connectivity? Did you ask the cabin crew what was wrong with it? It's fitted to all the NEOs.
just when I went to settings , connect to wifi nothing came up

never had an issue on 777 or 380s TATL
Old Nov 20, 2022, 3:15 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by mwp1
just when I went to settings , connect to wifi nothing came up

never had an issue on 777 or 380s TATL
It sounds like it was either unserviceable or someone had forgotten to turn it on. Worth a quick word with the cabin crew if this happens to you again.
mwp1 likes this.
Old Nov 21, 2022, 1:16 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA: CK
For 789 flights, does BA prioritize certain routes to get the wifi-equipped airframes, or is it 100% luck of the draw?
Old Nov 21, 2022, 2:18 pm

Programs: BA GfL/GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by BlooJoo
For 789 flights, does BA prioritize certain routes to get the wifi-equipped airframes, or is it 100% luck of the draw?
pot of luck
Old Nov 21, 2022, 2:26 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by megaloman
pot of luck
Brilliant. 12 hour flight during my business hours, and I can't even know if I'll have wifi until boarding. LOL.
Old Nov 21, 2022, 3:49 pm

Originally Posted by golfmad
It sounds like it was either unserviceable or someone had forgotten to turn it on. Worth a quick word with the cabin crew if this happens to you again.
No point asking us I'm afraid. It's an automated system which activates once above 10,000 ft.
golfmad likes this.
Old Dec 1, 2022, 10:05 am
Suspended

I was on G-ZBKA yesterday, and (1) the wifi was so slow and intermittent that it was almost unusable, and (2) the button for free wifi for First was grayed out (I was in First.) The crew could do nothing to help. I was unable to request a refund in the mobile page, because it was too unreliable to connect. How would I go about getting a refund after the fact, given that (1) it was so bad, and (2) it should have been free for First, right?

Is this a common case with BA's wifi?
Old Dec 1, 2022, 10:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
https://www.britishairways.com/trave...service-portal
On board the aircraft.
BlooJoo likes this.
Old Dec 5, 2022, 6:19 pm

Flew G-TTNT on Sunday (A320neo, barely a month since delivery) — no announcement about WiFi, no seat back stickers, and no network available to connect to. Didn’t ask crew but seems odd to be bringing new aircraft into service without WiFi
Old Dec 29, 2022, 5:43 pm

Issues with Android?

On my 5 recent BA and Iberia flights I had an interesting issue with OnAir WiFi: it worked fine on iPhones and Windows laptops, but didn't work on Android devices (I have a few of each type).
It would just fail with 'unable to communicate with satellites' or 'unable to connect to the payment system' on all of my Android devices.
Weirdly everything worked as usual on non-Android device.
Seems like something got broken by BA and/or Google in the last 2 months since I didn't have this issue in October 2022.
Ned1968 likes this.
Old Dec 30, 2022, 1:29 am

Programs: Yes
Originally Posted by Kostya
Seems like something got broken by BA and/or Google in the last 2 months since I didn't have this issue in October 2022.
You didn’t have some sort of security function turned on on your Android devices/through your Google Account? Maybe a secure DNS / Adblocker config? When I had problems with my iPhone and BA Wifi for a year, that’s what it turned out to be - funnily identified and fixed by then IT team on a Virgin Cruise when their all didn’t work onboard either

Seems unlikely that BA is competent enough to break something that specifically it only happens on Android…
Old Dec 30, 2022, 3:03 am

I disabled both the ad blocker and private dns - it didn't help.

Originally Posted by Quark999
You didn’t have some sort of security function turned on on your Android devices/through your Google Account? Maybe a secure DNS / Adblocker config? When I had problems with my iPhone and BA Wifi for a year, that’s what it turned out to be - funnily identified and fixed by then IT team on a Virgin Cruise when their all didn’t work onboard either

Seems unlikely that BA is competent enough to break something that specifically it only happens on Android…
Old Dec 31, 2022, 3:01 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club and OnBusiness
I flew BA15 from LHR to SYD via SIN last night in First- wifi didn't work on my Android phone (worked fine in First on previous First sectors in Nov and Dec)

The free wifi for First button didn't do anything. Could get to every other page that was on the BA page. Couldn't pay for wifi either - timed out trying to connect to the payment server. Tried many, many times over 20 hours

Worked fine on iPhone

Crew apologetic and logged it as an issue

Tried clearing cookies, resetting phone. Nothing worked

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.