Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

FAQ : Status of on-board WiFi rollout on BA aircraft

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 1, 2017, 1:57 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sigma421
Onboard WiFi has been introduced to BA's fleet and is being marketed as Highlife Connect. This thread is to track the rollout. See https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb.../wifi-on-board for BA's FAQ on the system.

Long-haul aircraft with WiFi fitted

A350-1000 - All fitted (12 aircraft).

A380 - All fitted (12 aircraft)

777-200ER - All fitted (43 aircraft)

777-300ER - All fitted (16 aircraft)

787-8 - 0/12 aircraft

787-9 - 14/18 aircraft

G-ZBKA, G-ZBKB, G-ZBKC, G-ZBKD, G-ZBKG, G-ZBKH, G-ZBKI, G-ZBKJ, G-ZBKK, G-ZBKL, G-ZBKM, G-ZBKN, G-ZBKO, G-ZBKP

787-10 - All fitted (2 aircraft).

BA are currently trialling free WiFi in first class cabins. For those in other cabins the current cost on all long-haul aircraft is:
  • 1 hour: £7.99
  • 4 hours: £17.99
  • Full flight: up to £23.99 depending on route

Note that prices and services offered are subject to change.
Long-haul aircraft still to be fitted with WiFi

787-8 - G-ZBJA/B/C/D/E/F/G/H/I/J/K/M

787-9 - G-ZBKE/F/R/S
Short-haul and mid-haul aircraft known to have WiFi fitted and enabled

The majority of aircraft have wi-fi equipment fitted with the exception of those expected to retire within the next few years. Wi-fi equipment is installed after delivery and the rate at which this happens appears to have slowed down post-COVID.
A319 - 12/29 Aircraft

G-EUOA
G-EUPL/M/N/O/P/R/S/T/U/Y/Z

A320 - 61/67 Aircraft

G-EUUA/B/C/E/F/G/H/I/J/K/L/M/N/O/P/R/T/U/V/W/X/Y/Z
G-EUYA/B/D/E/G/H/I/J/K/L/M/N/O/P/R/S/T/U/V/W/X
G-GATH/J/K/M/N/P/R/S/U
G-MEDK
G-MIDO/S/T/X/Y
G-TTOB/E

A320neo - 17/20 Aircraft

G-TTNA/B/C/D/E/F/G/H/I/J/K/L/M/N/O/P/Q/R

Wi-fi installation has not yet occurred for aircraft delivered from October 2022 onwards.

A321 - 15/18 Aircraft

G-EUXC/D/E/F/G/H/I/J/K/L/M
G-MEDL/M/N

A321neo - All fitted (10 aircraft)

The price of WiFi on short-haul flights varies according to the length of the route. The following prices are known:

Messaging - £1.99 or £2.99 depending on flight distance.

Browse & Stream (one hour) - £4.99

Browse & Stream (whole flight)
£4.99 (MAN / NCL)
£6.99 (ARN / HAM)
£7.99 (KRK / LIS / MAS / PMI)
£8.99 (AGP)
£9.99 (LED / SOF)
£11.99 (LCA)

Short-haul aircraft not planned to receive WiFi due to retirement

A319 - 18 Aircraft

G-EUOE/F/G
G-EUPD/G/J/K/W
G-DBCA/B/C/D/E/F/G/H/J/K

Background information:
Print Wikipost

FAQ : Status of on-board WiFi rollout on BA aircraft

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2019, 2:38 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold;BA GGL; hhonors lifetime diamond; Marriott lt Gold; IH Plat Amb; Amex Centurion
On BA 11 LHR-SIN yesterday and after an hour or so not using it it didn’t recognise that I had paid for the whole flight. Had to pay again and was advised to pay again and reclaim. Have done so and will see what happens. Apparently two others in the cabin were similarly afflicted.
Old Jul 8, 2019, 12:46 pm

Programs: BAEC G/*O E
Does anybody know of plans to install WiFi on ex-BMI A321s (i.e. G-MEDF/G/J/N/U)?
Old Jul 8, 2019, 12:52 pm

Originally Posted by luitje
Does anybody know of plans to install WiFi on ex-BMI A321s (i.e. G-MEDF/G/J/N/U)?
If you're referring to the mid-hauls, F/G/J/U, then I've been wondering and the assumption has been that it will be installed eventually, with no verification.

if you're wondering about the ex-BMI A321s that are in the regular euro configuration, then yes they will all have WiFi.
Old Jul 8, 2019, 1:13 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by hsmall
On BA 11 LHR-SIN yesterday and after an hour or so not using it it didn’t recognise that I had paid for the whole flight. Had to pay again and was advised to pay again and reclaim. Have done so and will see what happens. Apparently two others in the cabin were similarly afflicted.
I had the same last year when flying to SFO. The extra charge was repaid without questions. One simple mail was enough
hsmall likes this.
Old Jul 8, 2019, 1:23 pm

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold;BA GGL; hhonors lifetime diamond; Marriott lt Gold; IH Plat Amb; Amex Centurion
Originally Posted by TimDP
I had the same last year when flying to SFO. The extra charge was repaid without questions. One simple mail was enough
The cabin crew person suggested I fill in a comment card. She was generally lovely and I am glad I had a golden ticket in my wallet
Old Jul 11, 2019, 5:44 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Platinum; Hilton Gold, IHG Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Wyndham Diamond
Am I crazy, or did there use to be a spreadsheet linked in the wiki post with all the info?
Old Jul 11, 2019, 6:15 am

Originally Posted by Mordac
Am I crazy, or did there use to be a spreadsheet linked in the wiki post with all the info?
There was but it didn't get any updates after October 2018 so the link to it was deleted a while ago. It was great while it was being updated but whoever was doing it stopped so it rapidly became redundant. It wasn't hosted on this site so wasn't something anyone could edit.
Mordac likes this.
Old Jul 11, 2019, 8:44 am

Originally Posted by Schind
There was but it didn't get any updates after October 2018 so the link to it was deleted a while ago. It was great while it was being updated but whoever was doing it stopped so it rapidly became redundant. It wasn't hosted on this site so wasn't something anyone could edit.
Indeed. The wiki is far more up to date than the spreadsheet was.

rb211.
Old Jul 12, 2019, 2:39 am

Programs: BA Gold
Schoolboy error. I am BA213 to BOS on Sunday, and we've only gone and reached the cricket world cup final!

Is there any way for me (or some kind person in the know on this board) to find out which of the A380s is likely to be on that route on Sunday so I can manage my own expectations for onboard wifi availability...

Cheers
Old Jul 12, 2019, 7:23 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Platinum, ALL Gold, Bonvoy Gold Elite, HHonors Gold
BA542 LHR-BLQ served by G-EUXE, the WiFi was visible and the landing page provided full real-time flight information, but it was not possible to purchase or connect at any point of the flight. CC didn't mention it nor was there a card about it. Any idea why that may have been, given that the hardware was clearly installed and the flight was definitely long enough and flying above civilisation?
Old Jul 12, 2019, 7:59 am

Originally Posted by FoxtrotOscar
Schoolboy error. I am BA213 to BOS on Sunday, and we've only gone and reached the cricket world cup final!

Is there any way for me (or some kind person in the know on this board) to find out which of the A380s is likely to be on that route on Sunday so I can manage my own expectations for onboard wifi availability...

Cheers
Looks like we're gonna be on the same flight. FR24 is showing the exact tail number 24-48 hours before, so hopefully sometime tomorrow we will know.
FoxtrotOscar likes this.
Old Jul 14, 2019, 6:26 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Platinum; Hilton Gold, IHG Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Wyndham Diamond
G-YMMI has gone to Cardiff yesterday, so looks like it was only delayed for a wee bit, but still the next in the programme. Think this is the last of the 4-class 772 ERs.
Old Jul 14, 2019, 5:59 pm

Programs: BA Gold, BA Amex Premier
I flew on G-ZBKJ yesterday (B789, BA243 LHR-MEX) and while the equipment was installed it wasn't functioning for the whole of the flight. The crew tried to fix as did the flight deck but to no avail. A shame as I'm a regular on this route and I wanted to see how reliable it was.
Old Jul 14, 2019, 10:18 pm
CTV

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL
Originally Posted by gilfiom
I flew on G-ZBKJ yesterday (B789, BA243 LHR-MEX) and while the equipment was installed it wasn't functioning for the whole of the flight. The crew tried to fix as did the flight deck but to no avail. A shame as I'm a regular on this route and I wanted to see how reliable it was.
That's a shame. I was on the same plane last week going to LAX and the basic package worked very well for the whole flight.
Old Jul 15, 2019, 3:10 pm

Originally Posted by Mordac
G-YMMI has gone to Cardiff yesterday, so looks like it was only delayed for a wee bit, but still the next in the programme. Think this is the last of the 4-class 772 ERs.
It's actually back already. Don't think that'll have been long enough to get WiFi installed would it? Can anyone confirm or deny?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.