Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

What's the furthest you've flown for the shortest amount of time on leisure?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What's the furthest you've flown for the shortest amount of time on leisure?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2017, 6:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Most of my leisure trips are only three or four days, irrespective of distance. I get bored after that.
Old Aug 4, 2017, 6:54 am

Programs: Lemonia. Best Greek ever.
Last minute. Day trip to Calcutta via Sin. Early 90s. In J, but great BA local supervisor (Ishahak) "opup'd" me to F on way back from Sin.
Our local MD needed some cheering up/ a sensible European shoulder to cry on & drink with.
We didn't lose him!
Old Aug 4, 2017, 7:48 am

Programs: BA CCR/GGL, Hilton Diamond
Moscow from London for a couple of hours - burning an AmEx 241 voucher with the sweet spot of F with a RFS.
Old Aug 4, 2017, 7:54 am

Programs: BA Gold
Last year I flew to Beijing for some meetings, had some trouble with my ticker on the first day, changed flights and flew home the next evening.

Can laugh about it now, but pressed the medical button on the hotel phone and asked for a doctor, they sent me a plug adaptor
Old Aug 4, 2017, 8:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by darthlemsip
Last year I flew to Beijing for some meetings, had some trouble with my ticker on the first day, changed flights and flew home the next evening.

Can laugh about it now, but pressed the medical button on the hotel phone and asked for a doctor, they sent me a plug adaptor
Maybe the doctor just thought that your pacemaker needed a recharge?
Old Aug 4, 2017, 8:14 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

IIRC it was GLA-LHR-HKG in BA Y for three nights and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Didn't even earn a single mile as it was back in the ''good old days'' when entry into the BAEC was barred for cheapskates like me.

I remember my brother and I once drove down to Wembley from Glasgow to watch Scotland being given a doing by England then drove straight back again...what a waste of time that was. Billy Connolly and Michael Parkinson were sitting in front of us.

Last edited by HIDDY; Aug 4, 2017 at 8:21 am
Old Aug 4, 2017, 8:19 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
I did BRU-LHR-DOH-HND-DOH-BRU-LHR on a cheap Qatar airways business fare.

48 hours in Tokyo. Flying back with the same crew as on the way out, who were a little amused by my short trip.

Didn't bother trying to change to Japanese timezone, just partied in Shinjuku.
Old Aug 4, 2017, 8:28 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR , HH Diamond
I am a masochist and next week am doing LBA-LHR-CAI-LHR-JFK-LAX-HNL-LAX-JFK-LHR-CAI-LHR-LBA...all for 1.5 hours in HNL. I term it 'leisure'!
Old Aug 4, 2017, 8:39 am

Programs: BA Gold, Accor Gold
Wellington-Sydney-Bangkok-London for a Saturday for my cousin's wedding.

It was the inward leg of a RTW ticket, so I booked a new ticket to go back with Korean, those days the Auckland flight stopped in Nadi a couple of times a week so had a few days there on the way back.
Old Aug 4, 2017, 8:46 am

Programs: Ex-BA/AA/CP/LY staff, BA Executive Club Blue, IHG Diamond, Marriott Silver, Chick-fil-A Red
LHR-JNB-GRJ-PRY/JNB-LHR for a long weekend and a flight in an SAA DC4.

JAX-X/JFK-X/ORY-X/LHR-X/GRU-X/DOH-X/JNB-LHR-X/MIA-JAX just for the fun of it. Took about a week.
Old Aug 4, 2017, 9:40 am

Programs: AC 35K
Once flew YVR-JFK on CX red-eye on a Saturday night, landed Sunday morning and came back 8 hours later. All in J on Avios, but ended up spending quite a bit of cash that day in NYC.

Am currently considering flying YVR-SYD-YVR over a weekend for my birthday... and it'd be in Y so wish me luck.
Old Aug 4, 2017, 9:49 am

Programs: BA Bronze
I designed a livery for Bahamasair (parts of which they are using now) in 2004 and flew to Nassau for a long weekend to meet with them. A hurricane blew through about 3 days before I was due to fly so the management I was going to meet were not in town when I got there. so, 2 days on the beach it was for me

Routed: EDI-EWR-FLL-NAS and then tee reverse of that.
Old Aug 4, 2017, 10:10 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
I went for a weekend in Las Vegas with a friend. From Johannesburg, via London. In retrospect, it was a pretty stupid idea.
Old Aug 4, 2017, 10:32 am

Programs: BA Gold for Life
Leisure trip. Early morning flight from Boston to LA. Lunch in LA, late afternoon flight back to Boston. Enjoyed the trip.
Old Aug 4, 2017, 10:42 am

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by missdimeaner
I don't win the internet for this one,
LHR-HND-LHR in WTP (unrefurb 772 both ways) for 6 days. On paper it was 6 but as the HND-LHR is early morning it was more like 5+.
Booked on a whim in a cafe one lunchtime as the fares were good and I had always wanted to go to Tokyo.
How many beers in were you? That seems to be when I book random travel.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.