Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

What's the furthest you've flown for the shortest amount of time on leisure?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What's the furthest you've flown for the shortest amount of time on leisure?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2017, 2:36 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
I have done LHR-ICN-LHR in F on the same plane, in the same seat. I was starting a Far East holiday when I got a text on landing meaning I had to go straight back home.

Called BA - thankfully my return was changeable for £200 - and back on the same plane I got.. I never left ICN airport.
Old Aug 4, 2017, 2:37 am

Programs: Exec Club - Gold Member - yeah baby, Emerald Aisle Executive Elite - Woo, Marriott Silver Executive
SEA - LHR few years ago for a wedding.

Left SEA Thursday evening, returned Sunday morning complete with hangover. Y both ways. At least I won the "who came the furthest" question.
Old Aug 4, 2017, 2:38 am

Programs: BA GfL/GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
LGW-SJO-MIA-LHR, ~11k miles, spent 15h in SJO and 5h in MIA, for fun
Old Aug 4, 2017, 2:39 am

Programs: BA Gold, Shangri-La Golden Circle Elite, Hyatt Diamond
10 hours in Buenos Aires. London-Chicago-EZE return upgraded both ways. Left Friday and got back Sunday evening with Saturday wandering around.

it was a miles run post 911 on UA and got enough miles and bonuses for first to Sydney for <£400 upgraded both ways.

I felt like crap afterwards!
Old Aug 4, 2017, 2:40 am

Programs: AAdvantage, and BAEC in name only
I did BCN-LHR-SIN-SYD-AKL-HKG-LHR over about 5 days about three years ago to take advantage of an error fare. I had always wanted to visit New Zealand and this fare was about £800 WT+ so too good an opportunity to miss.

I got I think 2 nights in NZ, one in SYD and a few hours to see HKG, so ticked 3 off my wish list!

Have done a more sensible 3 week trip to NZ with my partner since. ^

Last edited by LSunbury; Aug 4, 2017 at 2:54 am Reason: spelling
Old Aug 4, 2017, 2:40 am

Programs: BA Gold
Memorial weekend in the US last year

LHR-GOT-HEL-ORD, 1 night in Chicago, drive to MSU next day, 1 night in Lansing, drive to Detroit, 1 night in Detroit, DTW-ORD-LHR-CPH-LHR

Not a TP run as I was in Y all the way aside from AA's fab OpUp for OWE on the DTW-ORD hop, though there was a young lady involved...
Old Aug 4, 2017, 2:41 am

Programs: SK EBG, BAEC Gold, LH FTL, FBP, CCG, HH Diamond
One-night trip ARN-FRA-EZE to try LH First.
Old Aug 4, 2017, 2:44 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
J to SYD for 24 hours.
Old Aug 4, 2017, 2:45 am

Programs: BA Executive club
2003 MAN-Dubai-Sydney-Dubai-Manchester left Friday am arrived back Monday. Watched England win the RWC.
Amazing but very tiring.
Old Aug 4, 2017, 2:48 am

Programs: BA Gold, SPG Plat
Did LHR-ARN-FRA-SIN-AKL-WLG-AKL-SIN-DME-ARN-LHR for the 2nd Lions test recently. Left London Wednesday lunchtime, arrived Wellington Friday afternoon, match Saturday night then on the 7am flight up to AKL on Sunday morning to arrive back in the UK Monday lunchtime..... Good J fare on SQ ex-ARN hence the routing!

For work did Tokyo a few times from London for a single meeting in the afternoon before flying back in the evening (which had to be Air France in those days as that was the only overnight flight to Europe as I recall!) - no hotel required in Tokyo!
Old Aug 4, 2017, 2:54 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, United 1K, Avis Presidents Club, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold Elite
I did dinner in Tokyo on a whim with some chums. Was VS upper, and had a great time at the bar. The rest of the trip is a blur. I do vaguely remember dropping bags at the hotel, sushi and fugu, karaoke and then back to the airport without actually sleeping in the hotel...

I was younger and more more resilient then!
Old Aug 4, 2017, 2:56 am

Programs: Mucci des Ancients Matelots
Y to Hong Kong for 3 nights when I was younger. 5 year wedding anniversary.

Would never do it now!!
Old Aug 4, 2017, 3:10 am

Programs: BA bronze
Spent a day in NYC back in 2000, caught up with some friends and flew back that night

BA 1 out ( Concorde)

CW back on one of the late departures out of JFK

Old Aug 4, 2017, 3:14 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
WTP to Phuket for two nights, outbound on Friday, back in Y to LHR via BKK on the Monday day flight. Have done plenty of others but in J.
Old Aug 4, 2017, 3:21 am

Programs: Tufty Club (Gold), BAGA Gymnastics level 4, 440yds swimming certificate
London to Vancouver for one night then back to London.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.