Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA American Express 2-4-1 Voucher Discussion

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA American Express 2-4-1 Voucher Discussion

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2018, 8:19 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by IAANN
Sorry I didn't get that. If I look at, for example, the BA27 LHR-HKG on the 21st of Feb 2018 it shows as available. Can I not book it?
The point is that there is no guarantee that F seats will be made available for redemptions. If they are available then of course you can book.
Old Mar 5, 2018, 8:23 am

Programs: BA GFL, OW Gold, CX/MP Diamond, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by fruitcage
The point is that there is no guarantee that F seats will be made available for redemptions. If they are available then of course you can book.
I see ! Thanks. It seems in the last 3-4 weeks there have been at least 3 or 4 seats available in F every day for BA27 or BA28. is that odd?

Old Mar 5, 2018, 8:36 am

Programs: BA GFL, OW Gold, CX/MP Diamond, SPG Plat
Would someone able to answer the last 2 questions please?

I have this 2-4-1 voucher which I aim to use for a trip LHR-HKG between 15/04 and 02/05 2019.
I will be making my booking on the 5th of April (355 days before) to make sure I have my seats in F, but I can't chose the return since it won't be available yet. What are the options?

Additionally, is there any cost associated if I book over the phone rather than online?
Old Mar 5, 2018, 8:57 am

Programs: BA, Hilton
Originally Posted by IAANN
Would someone able to answer the last 2 questions please?

I have this 2-4-1 voucher which I aim to use for a trip LHR-HKG between 15/04 and 02/05 2019.
I will be making my booking on the 5th of April (355 days before) to make sure I have my seats in F, but I can't chose the return since it won't be available yet. What are the options?

Additionally, is there any cost associated if I book over the phone rather than online?
See the Frequently Asked Questions sections of this very thread, and in particular this question:

Q: Can I book my outbound flight at 355 days and call back to add the return booking?
A: Yes, but you will need to call BA. Once availability shows, you can call to add the return leg – the BA policy is to waive the £35 change fee per passenger if the return was beyond the booking window when you booked the outbound, i.e. that you booked your outbound leg when seats became available at T-355.

For example: If you booked your outbound at T-355 and called later to add the return leg the change fee would be waived. If you booked your outbound at T-50 and then booked the return for T-60 a few days later, the fee will not be waived.
Important update, posted by cbagent on 12 Feb 2018:

If adding the return sector to an existing one-way Amex 241 where the inbound dates were out of range at time of booking, it is now possible to book the flights online as a new one way Avios booking then call BA UK office when open.

Half of the Avios on this new booking will then be refunded to reflect Amex voucher use. The benefit of this is that there is no need to try calling open BA office in the early hours of the morning and the downside is the itinerary will be ticketed as two one way bookings. In addition the Avios balance must be high enough to take a debit of double the required Avios albeit for a relatively short time. May be of use for some people.
Old Mar 5, 2018, 10:18 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Flyerbunny
Managed to book 2 CW seats outbound last night but they aren't really for the date I want. If availability opens up before I have booked the inbound can I make the change online if I am just changing the date but remaining in the same class please?
You will have to cancel your original booking, wait for the voucher to be back in your account and rebook online. Not sure how long it takes for the voucher to reappear. Have done this before on the phone which is quicker. You will pay the cancellation/ change fee of £35 per person outside the 24 hour post booking period.
Old Mar 5, 2018, 10:19 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Dselvan
You will have to cancel your original booking, wait for the voucher to be back in your account and rebook online. Not sure how long it takes for the voucher to reappear. Have done this before on the phone which is quicker. You will pay the cancellation/ change fee of £35 per person outside the 24 hour post booking period.
why can't the OP do a date change on the reward booking with a 2-4-1 voucher?
Old Mar 5, 2018, 10:29 am

[QUOTE=IAANN;29487628]Would someone able to answer the last 2 questions please?

You have 2 Options. Option 1 is to ring an office which is open at midnight UK time at T-355 and get them to book the return flight and add your booking reference to the outbound flights. I did this recently by ringing the US line around 2340 UK time and was quickly sorted. There is no cost involved in this apart from the cost of an international phone call and your return taxes which are low from HKG.
Second option is to book the return flight online when it appears but for full avios for 2 people which will be a new booking. You then ring the UK line next day when they open and ask them to add your new booking to your 2-4-1 outbound booking and they will then refund half your avios since you paid full avios for 2 people. This is the new way to do it and BA customer services have confirmed to me writing that is definitely working.Once again no cost involved for booking over the phone apart from the UK phone call cost unless you are a BA Gold member which has a 0800 number.
Hope that makes sense.

argonath likes this.
Old Mar 5, 2018, 10:33 am

Originally Posted by KARFA
why can't the OP do a date change on the reward booking with a 2-4-1 voucher?
My understanding was that you can't do this online without cancelling the booking and do a new booking for change of date. At least this was what I was told by the UK agent over the phone when I tried to do it last time online (2 years ago) and the computer said NO. If this has changed, I am more than happy to be proved wrong since it will be an improvement.
The agent however was able to sort it over the phone quickly for the £35 per person change fee.

Last edited by Dselvan; Mar 5, 2018 at 10:43 am
Old Mar 5, 2018, 11:44 am

Programs: QRPC Plat; Marriott Plat; Hilton Gold
I just wanted to repost the questions I asked earlier as it went unanswered:

.. If i hit the threshold of the 10k due to a purchase i made of around 5k and then get the voucher but a couple weeks later had to refund the item purchased what happens to the voucher? I don't want to end up in some sort of trouble due to a refund that I made after triggering the voucher so just wanted to find out if I should tell Amex and be proactive?
Old Mar 5, 2018, 11:50 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by salehir
I just wanted to repost the questions I asked earlier as it went unanswered:

.. If i hit the threshold of the 10k due to a purchase i made of around 5k and then get the voucher but a couple weeks later had to refund the item purchased what happens to the voucher? I don't want to end up in some sort of trouble due to a refund that I made after triggering the voucher so just wanted to find out if I should tell Amex and be proactive?
You should get the voucher even if there is a later refund. Watch out because if the refund falls into your next Amex card year, it will count as negative progress towards the next year's target - so you would need to spend £15k for your next voucher.
Old Mar 9, 2018, 6:06 am

Hi all,

I was wondering if I cancel my BAPP card ( I already have the voucher) would I be able to book a redemption using my partners AMEX?

Thanks!
Old Mar 10, 2018, 4:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by ManuG14
Hi all,

I was wondering if I cancel my BAPP card ( I already have the voucher) would I be able to book a redemption using my partners AMEX?

Thanks!
I recently booked one using my Visa. If you book online it will probably be ok.
Old Mar 10, 2018, 4:59 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by ManuG14
Hi all,

Thanks!
You could always get a supplementary card in your name.
Old Mar 15, 2018, 4:22 am

Smile

Originally Posted by ringingup

Yes, but call earlier this time.
Just to say thanks for all the advice, managed to book Glasgow-Barbados Club World return for next Feb '19 with the help of
BA US/India call-centre's..very happy :-)
ringingup likes this.
Old Mar 15, 2018, 5:24 am

Just a question with regards the taxes that are charged using the BA Companion Voucher, should these be the same as a identical cash minus the fare charges ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.