Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 16, 2017, 1:12 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: corporate-wage-slave
Club Europe Catering Guide 2017.

This thread outlines the new arrangements for Club Europe catering, introduced on Sunday 26 March 2017 and due to end on Tuesday 11 September 2018, based on 3 zones. A new Club Europe catering product is due to be launch on Wednesday 12 September 2018, and this is based on 4 bands. The main information piece - in terms of timings and the distance zones for the meals can be found in post 1. The following cross references the photos below against the matrix of options. In addition to the photos, some FTers have written extensively on their experiences so there is more to this thread than the pictures. Also note that there was an increase in food offered on some combinations shortly after the start-up, so the more recent photos may be the best place to start.The previous shorthaul catering guide, now locked but which had the previous 4 band system, is to be found here.

Numbers relate to the post number. Vegetarian means the alternative option provided as standard rather than the pre-ordered versions - which are VLML (Lacto-ovo), AVML (Asia) and VGML (Vegan) . There are differences between the offering in/out of LHR, LGW, LCY+STN. Last update: 833
-------------------------
Note posts before 1-832 are typically the April 2017 menu. 833 and above is from the menu for May 2017.
----
Chef's Chat sheets for:
CE LHR Summer 2017 - Rotation A
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28338151-post954.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28339641-post958.html

Short Band (UK, France, Ireland, BeNeLux, Germany)
Breakfast: 279, 570 (vegetarian), 629, 674, 821 (Express breakfast for MAN and LBA), 1343 (Vegan), 2285 (Express for LBA and MAN), 2445

Brunch: 180, 289, 469, 563, 685, 716, 2625 (AVML)

Lunch: 207, 545 (diabetic), 644 (first photo), 680 (VLML), 802, 928, 1322 (Kosher), 2284

Afternoon tea: 339, 404 (vegetarian), 480, 600 (VLML), 710 (including low lactose), 800, 882 (gluten free), 1281, 1322 (Kosher), 1673, 2679 (Kosher), 2792

Dinner: 563, 630 (VGML), 669 (Kosher Passover), 771 (VGML LCY) 799, 819 (AVML), 833 (May 2017 menu), 1283, 1287, 1674, 2446, 2616 (Kosher), 2793

Comments on difference between AVML and VLML here.
-----
Medium Band (e.g. Madrid, Nice, Prague, Copenhagen)
Breakfast: 645 (vegetarian), 724 (vegetarian), 1003

Brunch: 199 (VLML), 600 (VLML), 659 (Kosher Passover)

Lunch: 239 (child), 251, 425, 641, 733

Afternoon tea: 332 (also includes vegetarian), 426 (GFML), 813 (Muslim)

Dinner: 456, 551 (also includes VLML), 666, 1004,
-----
Long Band (e.g. Lisbon, Rome, Warsaw, Stockholm).

Breakfast: 195 (vegetarian)

Rest of the day: 306 (LFML), 345, 427, 443, 468, 597, 676, 687, 695, 783 (VLML)
======
NOT MAINTAINED AND OUT OF DATE: The complete Short Haul meal structure for the longer flights as of October 2017 is:

LHR
Meal 1: Chicken / red pepper risotto
Meal 2: Beef cheek
Meal 3: Chicken supreme / gnocchi
Meal 4: Miso glazed cod
Meal 5: Chicken khao soi
Meal 6: Hot smoked salmon linguine

LGW
Meal 1: Thyme roasted chicken
Meal 2: Spicy corn and paneer masala
Meal 3: Thai Penang chicken curry
Meal 4: Roasted red pepper tortellini
Meal 5: Beef and mushroom caserole
Meal 6: Tomato and four cheeses tortellini

Structured into:

Rotation A
LHR outbound
Meal 3
Meal 4
inbound to LHR
Meal 5
Meal 6

Rotation B
LHR outbound
Meal 5
Meal 6
inbound to LHR
Meal 1
Meal 2

Rotation C
LHR outbound
Meal 1
Meal 2
inbound to LHR
Meal 3
Meal 4
===
October 2017 = Rotation C
November 2017 = Rotation A
December 2017 = Rotation B
January 2018 = Rotation C
etc
Print Wikipost

Club Europe catering guide

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2018, 6:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by lorkers
Delighted to find on my 0740 out of T3, not only did the crew announce the bar was fully open as soon as we hit the cruise, but also the pop of the champers bottle (full size) before the trolley came round. 8 rows of CE pretty much emptied the bottle.

Also the vodka was server in (large) glass miniatures. Cîroc snap frozen vodka. Haven't seen that in CE before. Lovely stuff, if a triple early for me.
it’s been the Ciroc for quite a while and indeed they are fairly large for miniatures!
Old Jun 9, 2018, 7:03 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
BA753 BSL-LHR 1150d today. Lovely crew. Only 1 Sauvignon Blanc left so drank some Chenin Blanc.

Preordered Asian vegetarian and OH vegan. Got the same meal except I got butter/desert and she got margarine and veggies for desert.

adrianlondon likes this.
Old Jun 9, 2018, 8:47 am

Meals to and from Malta in CE next weekend

Hello flying to Malta next weekend on 5.20pm flight from Gatwick and back on the Titan operated flight that leaves at 11am. Please can you tell me what to expect food wise? Many thanks
Old Jun 11, 2018, 3:57 am

Programs: BD Silver, HH Gold, BA Silver, CX Gold
I'm not fully up to speed on the various services in CE but had a recent trip that was handled differently on each leg.

LHR-TFS - breakfast service which went well and was at a good pace. Orders were taken then food delivered over the course of the flight.
TFS-LGW - This was a very slow service but rather oddly they served a tray up with the starter, cheese & dessert on it. Ate the starter then waited about an hour for the main which was swapped for the starter.

It seemed odd that the dessert / cheese etc was served up all at once and then sat there as they swapped the starter for the main ? The crew seemed a bit distracted with a staff traveller in 1A (not a criticism...) but wondered if this was the way the service should have been run
Old Jun 11, 2018, 4:10 am

Programs: BA Gold; LH FTL; IHG Diamond; Marriott Gold; ALL Gold
Originally Posted by Sprodo
It seemed odd that the dessert / cheese etc was served up all at once and then sat there as they swapped the starter for the main ? The crew seemed a bit distracted with a staff traveller in 1A (not a criticism...) but wondered if this was the way the service should have been run
Yep, that is standard for a Long-band flight. I've never had a Long breakfast so not sure how that differs, but that sounds normal for the "rest of day" slot.
Sprodo likes this.
Old Jun 11, 2018, 10:07 am

Programs: BA Gold, A3 *Gold
Originally Posted by Deltus
Yep, that is standard for a Long-band flight. I've never had a Long breakfast so not sure how that differs, but that sounds normal for the "rest of day" slot.
correct order but shouldn’t be an hour...

I was was in 1F on a full 767 for lunch today and the gap between starter and main was about 30 mins, maximum 40.

My fiancé had the veggie option which was the hummus/meze pictured above for starter and he was confused as well. It’s a pretty big dish for a starter so easy to think that the tray contains everything you are going to get. He’d have been happy enough if that was all of it.
Old Jun 11, 2018, 10:12 am

Programs: BA Gold; LH FTL; IHG Diamond; Marriott Gold; ALL Gold
They should probably put a note on the menus or something about the order of service, in case people haven't done their homework on this thread first! Could avoid the awkward situation where somebody eats their dessert before their main course appears...
Old Jun 11, 2018, 10:40 am

Programs: *G, VS Silver, HH Diamond
My first Club Europe experience...

BA805 BLL-LHR 11.15 Kosher meal, brunch

The fish was all very salty and dyed pink. The challah was tough but edible. The sweet has the consistency of frosting and was overly sweet. And I'm American, so that's pretty rough.

On-board service was lovely (only 3 rows, partially full). However, I'm not clear at all what my beverage options beyond soft drinks, water, tea, and coffee were - but I wasn't in the mood for airplane wine.

BA short haul Kosher brunch
Old Jun 11, 2018, 10:52 am

A quick question: is there anything with fruit or on the lighter/healthier side for breakfast? My next BA flight (LHR-BLL) has a 7-something departure time and I'm debating skipping the food in favour of hotel or lounge options.
Old Jun 11, 2018, 11:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by AStarr
My first Club Europe experience...

BA805 BLL-LHR 11.15 Kosher meal, brunch

The fish was all very salty and dyed pink. The challah was tough but edible. The sweet has the consistency of frosting and was overly sweet. And I'm American, so that's pretty rough.

On-board service was lovely (only 3 rows, partially full). However, I'm not clear at all what my beverage options beyond soft drinks, water, tea, and coffee were - but I wasn't in the mood for airplane wine.

BA short haul Kosher brunch
it’s not dyed pink, it’s beetroot cured. I’ve had this meal in the past and quite enjoyed it I must say including the little pike perch balls. I’m no fan of the chocolate mousse either (though consistency is really typical of parveh desserts) but I know many others like it. It beats regular medium brunch any day anyway.
Lefly, LCSinTexas, tedcruz and 1 others like this.
Old Jun 11, 2018, 1:54 pm

Originally Posted by orbitmic

it’s not dyed pink, it’s beetroot cured. I’ve had this meal in the past and quite enjoyed it I must say including the little pike perch balls. I’m no fan of the chocolate mousse either (though consistency is really typical of parveh desserts) but I know many others like it. It beats regular medium brunch any day anyway.
Ahhh so that's how it's so pink. Interesting.

I didn't dislike it but was definitely unprepared for the strong sweet and salt flavours. My own state of exhaustion didn't help matters either. We'll see how breakfast goes next week.
orbitmic likes this.
Old Jun 11, 2018, 4:09 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
A quick question: is there anything with fruit or on the lighter/healthier side for breakfast? My next BA flight (LHR-BLL) has a 7-something departure time and I'm debating skipping the food in favour of hotel or lounge options.
If you look at some of the photos upthread you will see you have about 3 choices - English breakfast (definitely not Kosher!), vegetarian omelette or similar, or you can order a special meal. The latter tends to be light (see Florens' photos), a bit too light for some regulars and their girlfriends! You can also just ask for bread / croissants from the bread basket, so you'll get that plus the yoghurt, juice / tea /coffee.
florens likes this.
Old Jun 12, 2018, 5:49 am

Programs: BA, A3, Hilton, IHG
Ok, so I’m flying LHR-MUC at 12:40, and then back to LHR at 2015 a few days later. I gather that’s a lunchtime / dinner ‘Short’ flight and the food on offer is considered poor.

What are the best special meal options to avoid the twin threat of the vile looking panini and flimsy salad?
Old Jun 12, 2018, 5:55 am

Programs: Mucci Blue, BAEC Gold, Blockbuster Video card
Originally Posted by Deltus
That was the arrangement for mine too. Not bothered either way and if it makes the difference between a viable and non viable service on higher loads it makes sense to me.

Fwiw the CSD spent a lot of time happily chatting away to me, to such an extent that when she offered me what was probably my 5th cuppa, I said that she might go and serve the rest of the LH aisle before coming back to me as I was fine. She was having non of it however and pretty much sprinted back to the galley to get me more tea.

I didn't even want to look back at the rest of the cabin an that point ;-) So I was that 'person in 2A' at that point....But not staff.

Not sure why suddenly all the attention. Is there a gold greeting formula plus a plan for whomever is the single highest CIV in the cabin? Even if so I wouldn't have thought it'd be me. One of those things I guess.
Old Jun 12, 2018, 6:32 am

Programs: BA, IHG, 5C
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
If you look at some of the photos upthread you will see you have about 3 choices - English breakfast (definitely not Kosher!), vegetarian omelette or similar, or you can order a special meal. The latter tends to be light (see Florens' photos), a bit too light for some regulars and their girlfriends! You can also just ask for bread / croissants from the bread basket, so you'll get that plus the yoghurt, juice / tea /coffee.
Specifically this: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28705211-post1343.html

I've had it too as an Asian Vegetarian special meal breakfast, for variety, and it's a bit odd for a European but very tasty.

Also tried the kosher salmon on the same trip: enjoyable but it wasn't really any more substantial than the chicken salad with roasted vegetables served to others. I liked the mousse and didn't find it especially sweet.
florens likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.