Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Mar 25, 2017, 2:30 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Genius1
British Airways Lounge - Boston (BOS) Edward L. Logan International Airport, Terminal E.

This thread gives details of the British Airways Lounge which opened on 23 March 2017. The lounge also service Iberia, JAL and Cathay Pacific passengers.

Location: Airside, after security, on level 4. Turn left after security, around the corner and then the lifts and escalator up to level 4 is by gate E11. Clearly signposted.

Access: one lounge with standard oneworld access rules, Sapphire and Emeralds plus one guest, GGL and Premier (2 guests), Club World passengers (no guests). First (1 guest). First Dining area reserved for BA First and Premier passengers only.

Open hours mornings: Three hours before the morning BA flight, so currently from 06:00 until 09:00 departure. Also 3 hours before the JAL Tokyo service, so currently 10:30 to 13:30
Open hours evenings: 3 hours before the first BA or IB flight (currently 15:30 for the 18:30 Iberia service) until departure of the last BA or CX flight (currently 01:30). However these will change according to the timetable. Passengers from BA, IB, JL and CX can use the lounge while it is open.

Photo review from tripodjw can be found in post 33.
Photo review from corporate-wage-slave can be found in post 65, with hot food options located in post 66.

Print Wikipost

Boston British Airways Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2017, 2:28 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Innocent Abroad
Wonderful lounge indeed although I think the CCR is still much better (but as you can see in the original BOS lounge thread I thought it is better, food-wise, from GF ).
Initially I thought we were on the same flight (BA212 on Nov. 21) but on that day there was a LY bird instead of the EK in your picture.
I'm on tonight's (23 Nov) flight. Be glad you didn't fly out yesterday, as it was pissing down rain all day and you wouldn't have confused the downtown picture at all, because I don't think it could be seen
Innocent Abroad likes this.
Old Nov 23, 2017, 3:13 pm
NPC

Programs: BAEC - Silver, HHonors - Silver
Last night was pretty grim, but it cleared up nicely in the end before the 202 boarded, I still managed to get a couple of ok-ish pics in-between drinking the champagne!
Old Dec 13, 2017, 3:38 pm

Programs: UA 1MM/*G. DL Gold for one more year.
Can/should/shouldn't I tip Juan?
Old Jan 1, 2018, 1:39 pm

If I have an evening flight, are there any restrictions to using the lounge in the morning (when my first flight lands) and then returning later in the evening?
Old Jan 1, 2018, 1:57 pm
Suspended

The bar area with large windows was a little cool last night in sub zero winter Boston.
Old Jan 1, 2018, 2:18 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by steveste
If I have an evening flight, are there any restrictions to using the lounge in the morning (when my first flight lands) and then returning later in the evening?
I suspect the lounge agent would suggest you return later, though that's just a guess on my part.
FlyerTalker39574 likes this.
Old Jan 17, 2018, 7:58 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum (3MM), QF Lifetime Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Ex-Hyatt Diamond
Seems like there's no "First" section. Shouldn't there be separate ("better") champagne, wine, and drink options (JW Blue?) for F pax?
Old Jan 17, 2018, 8:03 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by nologic
Seems like there's no "First" section. Shouldn't there be separate ("better") champagne, wine, and drink options (JW Blue?) for F pax?
There is a First section, as mentioned (and photo'd) upthread. Unless you have heard something new?
Old Jan 17, 2018, 1:12 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum (3MM), QF Lifetime Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Ex-Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
There is a First section, as mentioned (and photo'd) upthread. Unless you have heard something new?
In the old lounge, you went right to the First section and left to the Business class section. There was a dining room in the First section for First pax and self-help wines, champagne, and a separate seating area.

Here, everything looks common, except the dining area? Do they have JW Blue?

Last edited by nologic; Jan 24, 2018 at 11:05 am
Old Feb 11, 2018, 6:32 pm

IMO, the food and service in the new BA Concorde Dining room at BOS is really good. The soup and steak were outstanding...there is no way to get a steak this good on board.

The service was very warm, gracious and attentive.

I wish I could say the same for the drink options:

The first class champagne is Laurent Perrier Brut -- which was very good, but not LPGS ($45/bottle).

The wines: no so good -- two best 2 reds were a $22 Oberon Napa Cab and a $22 Argentina Malbec. The rest were $10-15 .

The other booze is all served in common w the business class booze from the elegant back bar, as seen from the alcohol cart before being stowed away .

See pics of menu from Feb 2018, wines, and alcohol cart.

​​
Old Feb 11, 2018, 6:56 pm

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
There is no real "first class section," per se (previously you would turn one way for the first class lounge and the other way for the business class lounge, and within the first class lounge was a designated "first only" Dining area).

The new First Concorde Dining area is positioned alongside and open to the the Business Class buffet area has two verticle stands that say "Concorde Dining" on top of each of which there is a sign that says "Reserved for First."

Then, there are about 6-8 individual tables facing the window which look out onto three gates (10-12) and 2 combined two-tops seating 4 people (which could be configured for a table of 6-8), and those "four tops" have two more small "Reserved for First" lucite signs, one on each table.

At one end of the area is a service station, which has the red wines lined up on the counter and a mini fridge containing the champagne, white wines, and chilled bottles of still and sparking water.

There is no reserved first class sofa or lounge seating area, or computers, etc., or buffet items.

As noted below the food is excellent, and the champagne and wines are "better" than the business class options, but NOT close to Concorde Room standards -- far from it. I think AA first class lounges probably have better wines, although the LP Brut was very tasty.

Old Feb 14, 2018, 1:45 pm

Programs: BA (GGL/CCR)
I'm in the lounge right now and it's very pleasant. They've just been round to wish each of us a happy Valentine's Day and to offer us strawberries dipped in chocolate! A nice touch. I wonder if the day is being marked in BA's other lounges today?
Jimmie76 likes this.
Old Mar 15, 2018, 2:49 pm

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
Just to confirm that Concorde Dining is still restricted to F passengers and not CCR Card holders?

Thank you.
Old Mar 15, 2018, 3:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
Originally Posted by TravellerFrequently
Just to confirm that Concorde Dining is still restricted to F passengers and not CCR Card holders?

Thank you.
The last time I was there it was F only and I had a very nice meal too. Watched through the window as a plane was unloaded whilst I ate I recommend a table by the window.

Last edited by Jimmie76; Mar 15, 2018 at 3:38 pm
Old Mar 15, 2018, 4:26 pm

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Jimmie76
The last time I was there it was F only.
Thank you. CW dining it is in then.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.