Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Mar 25, 2017, 2:30 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Genius1
British Airways Lounge - Boston (BOS) Edward L. Logan International Airport, Terminal E.

This thread gives details of the British Airways Lounge which opened on 23 March 2017. The lounge also service Iberia, JAL and Cathay Pacific passengers.

Location: Airside, after security, on level 4. Turn left after security, around the corner and then the lifts and escalator up to level 4 is by gate E11. Clearly signposted.

Access: one lounge with standard oneworld access rules, Sapphire and Emeralds plus one guest, GGL and Premier (2 guests), Club World passengers (no guests). First (1 guest). First Dining area reserved for BA First and Premier passengers only.

Open hours mornings: Three hours before the morning BA flight, so currently from 06:00 until 09:00 departure. Also 3 hours before the JAL Tokyo service, so currently 10:30 to 13:30
Open hours evenings: 3 hours before the first BA or IB flight (currently 15:30 for the 18:30 Iberia service) until departure of the last BA or CX flight (currently 01:30). However these will change according to the timetable. Passengers from BA, IB, JL and CX can use the lounge while it is open.

Photo review from tripodjw can be found in post 33.
Photo review from corporate-wage-slave can be found in post 65, with hot food options located in post 66.

Print Wikipost

Boston British Airways Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2018, 5:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
Originally Posted by TravellerFrequently
Thank you. CW dining it is in then.
Sorry to hear that.
Old Mar 18, 2018, 7:03 am

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
I was in the BOS lounge last night. A good sized lounge with many seating options.

The cold and hot buffets were reasonable rather than great but certainly adequate, I did look somewhat longingly at the Concorde Dining section...

The sparkling wine in the bar was not champagne and I did not bother to try it. I had a reasonable Chardonnay and Oregon Pinot Noir instead.

Boarding from the lounge was good.

The WC was not kept that clean, which was a little disappointing.
Old Mar 19, 2018, 3:02 pm
Ambassador: Oneworld Alliance

Programs: BA Gold (GGL), Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by TravellerFrequently
Just to confirm that Concorde Dining is still restricted to F passengers and not CCR Card holders?

Thank you.
I flew out of Boston recently on the last flight, which was a 3-class 777 (no First). It did cross my mind about what they use the F dining area in those circumstances. There was one gent sitting there, but I did not linger to see if he was eating or was just a squatter.

There was proper champers at the bar, and the lady mixed me a couple of mean Manhattans. That could have explained my desire to sleep almost as soon as we boarded.

It was a Saturday - sadly no sign of Juan.
Old Mar 19, 2018, 3:30 pm

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by squeeler
There was proper champers at the bar,
I did not ask but all of the wine available was standing on the bar and it was certainly not champagne, so I steered clear. The white and red was fine for a couple of glasses and I had a glass on boarding, before sleeping most of the flight.
Old Apr 12, 2018, 5:54 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Currently in lounge right now. Wanted to report on my experience today/recap of past.

I've been in this lounge about 6 times or so, never actually on a J/F ticket (judge me right, but ehh, utilising my oneworld emerald benefits.). Mostly on BA Y/PE, CX Y, and today QR Y.

Everytime I enter the lounge, I get questioned as to why I'm here and either I should use the "other lounges" or am told I'm not eligible. I usually have to do a lot of explaining and showing them the BA/oneworld website to indicate the rules and get let in.

Today, I came prepared with printouts from BA website and oneworld stating lounge eligibility rules incase if I get resistance. Didn't have to use it but was let in after a quick explanation. Was told by desk agent "they" recently have only been allowing business class pax from partner airlines in. Most of the times in the past/including today, once I get eventually get in. I'm always very "corporate" in my dialogue and explain, that you allowed me in because I am eligible and not because you took pity on me/made an exception, seems like the case everytime. I really wonder if the Boston lounge really knows the rules or just tries to turn folks away by "directives/etc" of whomever manages the lounge.

Anyways, a bit of a rant from me about this BA lounge as the experience is predictable everytime I go when flying Y/PE on partner airlines.
Old Apr 12, 2018, 7:32 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum (3MM), QF Lifetime Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Ex-Hyatt Diamond
The this lounge has gone from a disaster lounge to a very nice lounge.

With so many flights departing in that evening window, it does get very busy, and they can invoke the "capacity" and "too busy" exemption .

However, unlike PHL and perhaps MIA, it sounds like these guys put up a front but let ppl in?
Old May 11, 2018, 9:47 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, LH M&M, HHonors Gold
Having an AA flight out of Terminal B, am I able to use the BA lounge and connect airside?
Old May 11, 2018, 9:50 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by schoppen
Having an AA flight out of Terminal B, am I able to use the BA lounge and connect airside?
No airside connection from Terminal B to Terminal E.
If you're on a qualifying international itinerary with sufficient oneworld status, should be able to get access. Just be ready for pushback from the BA lounge agents, hold course. Another FYI, the BA lounge is closed for a few hours in the early afternoon hours.

Henry
Old May 11, 2018, 11:13 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, LH M&M, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by henhen
No airside connection from Terminal B to Terminal E.
If you're on a qualifying international itinerary with sufficient oneworld status, should be able to get access. Just be ready for pushback from the BA lounge agents, hold course. Another FYI, the BA lounge is closed for a few hours in the early afternoon hours.

Henry
Thanks Henry,

Will have to slam it in the AC in Terminal B
Old May 11, 2018, 1:00 pm

Programs: BA Silver
First time I’d ever been to Boston the other week, just a word to say I was very impressed with this lounge. Having spent a lot more time at the ones up and down the east coast, I’d go as far as to say this is the best one I’d been to. (Bar the staff at EWR that are the best)
Old May 12, 2018, 2:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Any chance we could change the title of this thread to something like 'BOS British Airways Lounge' to reflect this is no longer a new lounge.
Jimmie76 and Gerbs like this.
Old May 12, 2018, 3:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
Originally Posted by Brisbane Road
First time I’d ever been to Boston the other week, just a word to say I was very impressed with this lounge. Having spent a lot more time at the ones up and down the east coast, I’d go as far as to say this is the best one I’d been to. (Bar the staff at EWR that are the best)
The staff at BOS are very good - Sandy and Juan are two that spring to mind. You might have been even more impressed with this one, if you'd seen the previous lounges on the mezzanine level. This was a major step up.
Old May 12, 2018, 7:11 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by Genius1
Any chance we could change the title of this thread to something like 'BOS British Airways Lounge' to reflect this is no longer a new lounge.
Press the red triangle on the left to alert a Moderator with your suggestion.
Old Jul 2, 2018, 10:05 pm

Programs: OWE
currently at the BOS lounge waiting to board CX811. This lounge is a good step up from the dilapidated lounge in T7. However, after all the UK flights, hot food is gone and CX passengers using the lounge are left with mostly wraps, salads, and finger sandwiches. I wish the coffee station is near the food instead of having to go on the other side of the lounge, but those are just minor things.
Old Jul 3, 2018, 2:01 am

Interesting. Looking back at the pictures, the coffee machine is the exact same one we have here at the office. I also know how to install a slideshow of images on it to be used when dispensing a drink in under 2 seconds. The trolling possibilities are tempting...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.