Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Mar 25, 2017, 2:30 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Genius1
British Airways Lounge - Boston (BOS) Edward L. Logan International Airport, Terminal E.

This thread gives details of the British Airways Lounge which opened on 23 March 2017. The lounge also service Iberia, JAL and Cathay Pacific passengers.

Location: Airside, after security, on level 4. Turn left after security, around the corner and then the lifts and escalator up to level 4 is by gate E11. Clearly signposted.

Access: one lounge with standard oneworld access rules, Sapphire and Emeralds plus one guest, GGL and Premier (2 guests), Club World passengers (no guests). First (1 guest). First Dining area reserved for BA First and Premier passengers only.

Open hours mornings: Three hours before the morning BA flight, so currently from 06:00 until 09:00 departure. Also 3 hours before the JAL Tokyo service, so currently 10:30 to 13:30
Open hours evenings: 3 hours before the first BA or IB flight (currently 15:30 for the 18:30 Iberia service) until departure of the last BA or CX flight (currently 01:30). However these will change according to the timetable. Passengers from BA, IB, JL and CX can use the lounge while it is open.

Photo review from tripodjw can be found in post 33.
Photo review from corporate-wage-slave can be found in post 65, with hot food options located in post 66.

Print Wikipost

Boston British Airways Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2017, 4:56 am
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Yes I guess if there was a Concorde room then that would be good, but given the IAD situation we can't be sure it would be open to CCRs or even Prems, it may be First only. However I don't really buy into the rest of your sentiments, the actual food, wine, décor, variety of seating, amazing view of Boston, apron (etc) is so good that I for one don't try to see this in relativist terms. The overcrowding is the one downside, but it only lasts for 30 minutes and it's not as though there is standing room only (even if some people may need a gentle hint to move their luggage....). If Silvers in World Traveller get the same treatment, so what?
Really just the overcrowding. I expect a more exclusive experience

I think if the new space in Boston wasn't going to be CCR-eligible they wouldn't bother as they already have First Dining....
Old Oct 28, 2017, 8:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
I was told that the money has been allocated for a Concorde Dining Room, just behind the current First dining area.
Jimmie76 likes this.
Old Oct 30, 2017, 7:57 am

Programs: Sometimes BA, sometimes AA
Originally Posted by Rubecula
I have been on the 238 in F twice since the new lounge opened. One boarding from the lounge which was better. They did not have a menu for the First breakfast with the waiter listing the options. I just had scrambled eggs as I prefer to eat on the plane.
Can anyone comment on the buffet breakfast offerings? I will be in the lounge through status, not travelling in F.
Thanks
Old Oct 30, 2017, 8:43 am

Programs: BA GGL, A3*G, Mucci de l'expertise des Apps
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
In fact this is one of life's mysteries: the new lounge is what, twice, three times bigger than the previous lounge, though they have been clever to hide it the seating is quite condensed, and yet is seems much busier that the previous set-up. OK there is now an A380 in the mix, but it seems there has been a bit uplift in premium travel on that particular sector. Or the new lounge means people are arriving much earlier than before. That or the previous dungeon (I now know it wasn't in the basement!) was so unattractive that many people didn't bother.
It's not just changing one flight to an A380, but an entire extra evening flight compared to the past. Now that AA have stopped their TATL flying from BOS I would imagine that BAs numbers from BOS are way up on where they were a couple of years ago.
Old Oct 30, 2017, 9:33 am

Programs: BA Gold for Life
Originally Posted by potfish
Can anyone comment on the buffet breakfast offerings? I will be in the lounge through status, not travelling in F.
Thanks
My last non F morning flight from Bos was just before the new lounge opened and have not tried the buffet breakfast in the new lounge.
Old Oct 31, 2017, 7:32 am

Thanks
Apologies for bumping myself but I fly tomorrow, so I'd be very interested if anyone has any insight.
Thanks
Old Nov 1, 2017, 5:10 am

For the benefit of anyone to follow, it's a pretty decent spread. Hot food includes porridge, a couple of different frittatas and baked beans, cold includes cereals, bread and bagels, ham, cheese, pastries, fruit, yogurt, fruit juices. Definitely better to have breakfast in the lounge than any of the food court outlets that are open at this time.

Last edited by potfish; Nov 1, 2017 at 5:16 am Reason: Detail
Old Nov 1, 2017, 5:13 am

For the benefit of anyone to follow, it's a pretty decent spread. Hot food includes porridge, a couple of different frittatas and baked beans, cold includes bread and bagels, ham, cheese, pastries. Probably fruit somewhere too. Definitely better to have breakfast in the lounge than any of the food court outlets that are open at this time.
Thanks for that, we shall be coming through in two weeks on the BA238.
Old Nov 1, 2017, 6:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
For the benefit of anyone to follow, it's a pretty decent spread. Hot food includes porridge, a couple of different frittatas and baked beans, cold includes cereals, bread and bagels, ham, cheese, pastries, fruit, yogurt, fruit juices. Definitely better to have breakfast in the lounge than any of the food court outlets that are open at this time.
Thanks for the info ^
Old Nov 4, 2017, 2:48 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, BA LTG, Hilton Diamond, FB Platinum, EK Gold
Apologies if already mentioned somewhere but just got to the BOS lounge and went to the bar for a glass of champagne. Was told they only have prosecco unless you are flying First then you can go over to the First dining area and ask for a glass, which I did. However, this must be a recent change as I was here in the summer and they were serving champagne at the bar.
Nobody could provide a reason for the change.....Go BA!
Old Nov 4, 2017, 8:37 pm
Moderator, Hertz; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM, BA GGL, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond and others
Didn't have issues entering the lounge, despite flying QR J.
And I think it was the same staff member that denied the others that checked me in.
Old Nov 5, 2017, 9:18 am
Original Member

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, CX DM, QF GO, AA LT GO, UA SL, LH FT, Marr LT Titanium, Shang DM, Hyatt Glob, Hilton DM
Originally Posted by jason8612
Didn't have issues entering the lounge, despite flying QR J.
And I think it was the same staff member that denied the others that checked me in.
glad to hear that it's working now !! they seem to indeed have done something. below is the reply I got from them a week or so ago.

Thanks for getting in contact with us following your flight with Cathay Pacific from Boston. I'm very sorry for the delay in responding.

I understand you were denied access to the British Airways lounge at Boston airport. From looking at your booking I can see you're a Gold member of our Executive Club and were travelling with our oneworld partner, Cathay Pacific.

From looking at the eligibility guidelines, I'm very sorry to hear our staff member, XXX, wouldn't allow you entry. Further to this, I was disappointed to hear about their attitude towards you and unwillingness to help or listen.

Please be assured I've contacted the manager at Boston airport so this can be addressed with the staff member you've mentioned internally. I'm very sorry for your experience on this occasion, particularly as I know you're a loyal Gold member of our Executive Club.

Once again, please accept my apologies for the inconvenience caused on this occasion. If you've any further questions, don't hesitate to let me know by clicking the blue link below.
Old Nov 23, 2017, 2:09 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Thumbs up BOS lounge puts Concorde Room to shame

I can't find the original thread about the new lounge at BOS, but I just want to say that I really hope this is a prototype for new/refurbed lounges. I know the new & shiny will wear off, but the layout is great, the view of downtown Boston is fantastic, and boarding from the lounge is a great idea. And the food... well, they're onto a winner here, that's all I can say! If I had known the selection would be so good, I'd have skipped the $57 Thanksgiving Brunch at the Hyatt this morning.

Old Nov 23, 2017, 2:23 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Yes it is a first rate lounge with amazing views of Boston. The main thread, with many more photos, is here:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...h-opening.html
LochAwe likes this.

Last edited by corporate-wage-slave; Nov 23, 2017 at 2:35 pm Reason: circular reference
Old Nov 23, 2017, 2:25 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Wonderful lounge indeed although I think the CCR is still much better (but as you can see in the original BOS lounge thread I thought it is better, food-wise, from GF ).
Initially I thought we were on the same flight (BA212 on Nov. 21) but on that day there was a LY bird instead of the EK in your picture.
LochAwe likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.