Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Mar 25, 2017, 2:30 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Genius1
British Airways Lounge - Boston (BOS) Edward L. Logan International Airport, Terminal E.

This thread gives details of the British Airways Lounge which opened on 23 March 2017. The lounge also service Iberia, JAL and Cathay Pacific passengers.

Location: Airside, after security, on level 4. Turn left after security, around the corner and then the lifts and escalator up to level 4 is by gate E11. Clearly signposted.

Access: one lounge with standard oneworld access rules, Sapphire and Emeralds plus one guest, GGL and Premier (2 guests), Club World passengers (no guests). First (1 guest). First Dining area reserved for BA First and Premier passengers only.

Open hours mornings: Three hours before the morning BA flight, so currently from 06:00 until 09:00 departure. Also 3 hours before the JAL Tokyo service, so currently 10:30 to 13:30
Open hours evenings: 3 hours before the first BA or IB flight (currently 15:30 for the 18:30 Iberia service) until departure of the last BA or CX flight (currently 01:30). However these will change according to the timetable. Passengers from BA, IB, JL and CX can use the lounge while it is open.

Photo review from tripodjw can be found in post 33.
Photo review from corporate-wage-slave can be found in post 65, with hot food options located in post 66.

Print Wikipost

Boston British Airways Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2017, 12:37 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by sts603
I agree! But my understanding is that they have been treating it as First Dining rather than Concorde Dining.
No, I meant a CCR already should have access. What is your understanding that they currently don't based on?
Old Jun 26, 2017, 12:41 am
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by KARFA
No, I meant a CCR already should have access. What is your understanding that they currently don't based on?
See the wiki (plus posts in this thread). It seems well-established that the BOS lounge is not admitting CCR holders to the Concorde Dining area and for access purposes is treating it like First Dining (a la the old BOS lounge, PHL, EWR, ORD).
Old Jun 26, 2017, 12:43 am

See the wiki (plus posts in this thread). It seems well-established that the BOS lounge is not admitting CCR holders to the Concorde Dining area and for access purposes is treating it like First Dining (a la the old BOS lounge, PHL, EWR, ORD).
Ah well if it is not have the buffet food instead.
Old Jun 26, 2017, 12:52 am
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by KARFA
Ah well if it is not have the buffet food instead.
Of course. But the point is that the branding has been inconsistent with access (Concorde Dining branding with First Dining access rules). My question to Can I Help You was whether the completion of a separate dining room as originally planned will result in the revision of the access rules to meet the branding.
Old Jun 26, 2017, 2:06 am

Of course. But the point is that the branding has been inconsistent with access (Concorde Dining branding with First Dining access rules). My question to Can I Help You was whether the completion of a separate dining room as originally planned will result in the revision of the access rules to meet the branding.
I am sure it will be.
Old Jul 17, 2017, 5:12 am

Originally Posted by Damien Davis
Wow! Fantastic lounge! I met (briefly) the famous Juan and then I was served by a lovely bartender called Katie. Very friendly, professional and attentive.

The views from the bar are fantastic, offering great vistas over the Boston skyline.
After my second visit to this lounge in a month, it was awesome to be greeted by Katie by first name when I arrived at the bar. Great memory.

After catching up, I thought I would let her know she is becoming famous on FT and told her to Google this post. She was quite excited about the prospect.

I hope she sticks around - and Katie, thanks to you and the guest we were chatting to last time for getting me hooked on the Simi Merlot.
Old Jul 27, 2017, 11:01 pm

Programs: AA Plat, National EE, Marriott Plat, HH Gold, SPG Plat
has anyone been to the lounge during the midday hours (10:30 am to 12:30 pm) before the JAL flight? Was wondering what food and bar options were available.
Old Aug 3, 2017, 6:37 pm

Programs: AA Plat, National EE, Marriott Plat, HH Gold, SPG Plat
no one has used this lounge while flying JAL??
Old Aug 3, 2017, 8:44 pm

Programs: AA Plat/2MM, DL Silver, UA Silver (via Marr), Marr LTT, HH Gold (via cc), Hyatt Disc
Originally Posted by kar don
has anyone been to the lounge during the midday hours (10:30 am to 12:30 pm) before the JAL flight? Was wondering what food and bar options were available.
I have. It was about two months ago so mr recollection may be a bit off. Topline recall was that there was nothing special. Some sandwiches like you would find at the LHR business lounges. I can't remember if they did the curry dish like they did at the old lounge or not. Usual self serve snacks, et. Self serve beer and wine; no one manning the bar.

Aplologies if I misremembered or forgot/didn't notice other offerings.

Still, a very nice place to await your flight.
Old Sep 11, 2017, 7:42 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, HHonours Diamond, BA AMEX PremPlus
Anyone with any experience of the lounge experience for BA238? Coming back from BOS in F next month, so interested in breakfast options. Will direct boarding be in operation?
Old Sep 11, 2017, 4:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
Currently enjoying a lovely dinner in the First dining area whilst watching a JAL plane having the cargo unloaded. The burrata was good, the blue cheese salad tasty and I'm looking forward to the crepe Juan^ has just served me for my main course. The Laurent Perrier is chilled to perfection and I've just heard another cork pop
Old Oct 6, 2017, 7:00 pm

Programs: BA Gold. KrisFlyer Gold
This lounge is a great example of how the provision of a bar, generous food selection, and excellent staff can make you feel positive about BA all over again. On a Friday evening with a completely full A380, Super-hi J 747 and 77W departing within about 4 hours of each other, it was standing room only for much of the time I was here, but the lack of sit-down dining access for CCR cardholders (and I was all set to have a mega-moan about this) was ameliorated by the wide-ranging and tasty buffet food options for all lounge guests, the cocktail menu, and the free-flow Tanqueray 10. Perhaps I'm just feeling generous as I've also been upgraded from WT+ to CW, Regardless: well done, Boston!
corporate-wage-slave and HMPS like this.
Old Oct 9, 2017, 8:39 am

Programs: BA silver
Originally Posted by Teece
Anyone with any experience of the lounge experience for BA238? Coming back from BOS in F next month, so interested in breakfast options. Will direct boarding be in operation?
I am also interested to find out about breakfast and boarding.
Old Oct 9, 2017, 9:21 am

Programs: BA Gold for Life
Originally Posted by fiona
I am also interested to find out about breakfast and boarding.
I have been on the 238 in F twice since the new lounge opened. One boarding from the lounge which was better. They did not have a menu for the First breakfast with the waiter listing the options. I just had scrambled eggs as I prefer to eat on the plane.

If you can afford it, time wise that is, the day flight is much nicer than a short overnight.
fiona likes this.
Old Oct 9, 2017, 10:34 am

Programs: BA silver
Originally Posted by Rubecula
I have been on the 238 in F twice since the new lounge opened. One boarding from the lounge which was better. They did not have a menu for the First breakfast with the waiter listing the options. I just had scrambled eggs as I prefer to eat on the plane.

If you can afford it, time wise that is, the day flight is much nicer than a short overnight.
Thank you

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.